The End

He's My Special Guy

Nobody expected you to sprint headlong towards a crazy girl holding an exacto knife to another girl's neck. Hyuna especially. Her eyes bulged out in shock and she didn't have time to move, even to scream, before you reached her.

You raised your hand and smacked Hyuna right across the face, a stinging slap that even Dongwoon and Amber cringed at to hear, which sounded much worse because of the several echos bouncing around the large, empty room. Hyuna was lifted right off her feet and crashed backwards. The exacto knife flew out of her hand and skidded away. Dongwoon scampered over to pick it up. He put it in his pocket and ran over to help Amber.

Hyuna sat up, spitting blood from . she had cut the inside of her cheek. "You little !" She hissed. She stumbled to her feet, but you were already towering over her. You gave her another slap that made her whimper in pain. You were in pain, too-------the force of your blow was making your hands smart and sting.

Hyuna struggled weakly to get up again, but not before you grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and yelled into her face. "WAKE UP!!!"

She stared, bewildered, at you. "SNAP OUT OF IT, HYUNAH!!!! WAKE UP!!!!"

"What are you------" She started to say.

You gave her a little shake. "Do you think it's okay to do something like this? Is this how far you will go to accomplish your goals? You are pathetic!"

Hyuna grew angry. "Shut up!" She yelled at you. "How would you know anything? You have a loving little mommy and daddy and baby brother! You have a caring best friend and a loving boyfriend. How could you possibly know anything I have to go-------"

"I don't need to know what you're going through!" You snapped at her, feeling more angry than you have ever felt before in your life. It was a burning rage that consumed you. But strangely, your mind was cool and clear. You knew exactly what you were doing.

"Why do I have to experience what you've been through in order to understand?" You yelled at her. "What I do know is that you aren't trying to solve your problems, you're trying to escape from them!"

Hyuna stopped struggling and became limp, looking bewlidered and shocked.

"You think trying to hurt and threaten and blackmail others will get you to your stupid goal?" You hissed at her. "If you truly believe that, then you're a fool. You're acting just like your parents! The parents you hate so much! If you hate them, instead of trying to hide from them, why don't you try and fight them? But no, you'd much rather escape from your problems than deal with them!"

"But........." Hyuna whispered weakly. The words you've just spoken to her seemed to be something she's never thought of before-----it completely drained her of strength. "It's not like that...............I............"

Wdisgust, you let go of her collar and pushed her back onto the ground. She lay sprawled there in dumbfounded shock as you stood up and dusted yourself off.

You looked her right in the eye and said. "You filthy coward. Stop running away."

Turning to an equally dumbfounded Dongwoon and Amber, you said quietly "Let's go."

They nodded, and the three of you walked out of the school, leaving Hyuna battered and messy-haired, lying on the floor of the auditorium, lost in thought.

******************************************************************************************************

"That was amazing, ~~~~~~~~-ah." Amber gasped, her hand clutching the small cut on her neck. "How did you know that would stop her?"

"I kind of knew instinctively, really." You said modestly, breathing hard but smiling weakly all the same. "Because, well, Hyunah-ah and I are a lot alike."

"What? Really?" Dongwoon asked in shock.

"Because we were both trying to run away from our problems." You said. "We both would rather hide and ignore them rather than deal with them. Her problems were her family and her own desire to leave it. My problems was the fact no one understood me and I ran away from my feelings. We both had to fight it. And that is what I intend to do."

"You're a lot more different from the girl I used to know you from before." Dongwoon said, marveling. He grinned and ruffled your hair. "I like it."

You giggled.

"Looks like this would be all over." Amber yawned and stretched, then winced in pain at the cut. ", this kinda hurts. I think I'll skip school tomorrow. Wanna just go hang out?"

"Yeah, sure." Dongwoon said. "See you tomorrow, Amber-ah!" You called out cheerfully.

She waved at the two of you and walked down into her street. You and Dongwoon looked at each other and smiled.

Dongwoon took your hand softly, shyly, and the two of you walked down the street together.

"Things are going to be calm from now on." Dongwoon said. "You miss the excitement?"

"Not really." You said, sighing heavily. "But I do feel bad for Hyunah-ah. I hope she'll be okay."

"She will be." Dongwoon said dismissively, then blushed. "Um, I've been thinking.........remember what we found out when we were researching the three families' connections? That the Koo family intended on marrying into the Son family? Well, I mean, what do you.........what do you think? A-about m-m-marrying.........I mean........"

You smiled and reached up to touch Dongwoon's face. "I do."

Dongwoon stared into your eyes, then smiled and bent down to kiss you.

When the two of you pulled away, he said "Are you sure you weren't that girl in my childhood? The one with the white dress?"

You thought hard, and then blinked at the sudden memory. "Wait, I remember! Was that boy you? That's right, it must be! We were having a playdate together, set up by our parents, wasn't it?!"

You giggled. "I told you the truth, though, Dongwoon-ah. I didn't have any white dresses. My umma told me that dress shouldn't be called white, it should be called 'eggshell'. She said that I should learn to see things in different perspectives, and that meant not calling a white-coloured dress plain old 'white' either. So, really, it was an eggshell coloured dress."

Dongwoon looked shocked, then burst out laughing. "And worrying all this time that the girl was Hyunah!" He said fondly, hugging you. "Then, how did she know about it?"

You thought hard for a moment, then smiled as you remembered everything fully now. "Maybe my memory is better than yours, Dongwoon-ah. That's because she was playing with us, remember?"

For the first time ever, Dongwoon's memory stretched further, beyond the cute girl he fell in love with.

There was another girl with them. A girl who looked a lot like you. She was shy and hesitant.

"She's your cousin, right?" The young Dongwoon spoke. "She looks lonely."

"Umma says her parents aren't very nice people." You said, looking forlornely at the small girl playing by herself in the sand. "And that's the reason why not many kids want to play with her. Umma says we shouldn't judge people by their background or families, though. We should judge them on their character."

They slowly walked up to the girl. "Hi, Hyunah-ah." You said, bending down to smile at the girl. "Do you want to play with us?"

The small Hyunah looked up at them in shock. Her lip trembled slightly, then she broke into a huge smile. "Okay!"

When the playdate was over, Hyunah cried because she didn't want to go home.

"It's okay, Hyunah-ah!" You said in alarm. You gently took Hyunah's hand and smiled at her. "Come over again soon, so we can play again. Okay?"

"Okay." Hyunah said, smiling shyly back. She hugged you. "I love you, ~~~~~~-ah. I wish we could be friends forever."

She turned to Dongwoon and smiled. "I wish I could marry Dongwoon-ah too."

"What?" The little boy blushed. "No, you can't!" You cried. "I'm marrying Dongwoon-ah!"

Hyunah smiled. "I know. That's why I'll let you take Dongwoon-ah, ~~~~~~-ah. Because you're more important to me than anything." She leaned over to kiss your cheek. "I want you to be happy. When you get married, I want to be your bridesmaid!"

"Okay." You agreed.

Hyunah smiled sadly and waved goodbye. She got into the limo and the car drove off.

She never came to play again. Her parents, still bitter towards the Son and Koo family, didn't allow it. And over time, you forgot her.

 

 

 

"~~~~~~~-ah........" A voice whispered in your dreams. "........I want to be your bridesmaid! Can I be your bridesmaid?"

In your dreams, you smiled and whispered back.

"Of course. Because we're friends....................forever................friends.................forever................"

A small, cold, childlike hand gently placed itself in your hand.

"Friends forever..............."

White roses bloomed around you. They whispered to you, and the breeze carried the rose petals and your dreamlike state away, far, far away, towards a light that grew brighter and brighter, until you felt nothing but peace.

*********************************************************************************************************

Eight Years Later

"~~~~~~-ah! Are you ready yet?"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" You yelped, hastily putting on the last diamond earring.

The door opened, and Amber came in, looking strange in a long gold dress. "Dammit, I hate this dress!" she complained. "I've been tripping on it all day long! Why couldn't I be the best man instead?" She stopped and surveyed you. "You look gorgeous, ~~~~~~-ah. You're going to be the belle of the ball. More than usual."

"Oh, shut up." You giggled. You hopped off the small stool and twirled around. Umma and Amber clapped their hands and squealed. "You look beautiful!" Umma choked. "I can't believe this, my own little daughter, getting married..........."

"Oh, umma, don't blubber yet!" You said happily. "The ceremony hasn't started yet!"

The door knocked hesitantly, shyly. Amber opened it and smiled. "Well, well, well. Look who's finally arrived!"

Hyuna stepped in, looking shy. She looked gorgeous in the gold dress. There was a difference to her now. Her hair was dyed red. You haven't had much contact with her, but from what you did know, she had walked out of the family and started her own life somewhere else. But thanks to Amber's dad's investigative technology, you managed to track her down and contact her in time for the RSVP.

"My second bridesmaid!" You embraced Hyuna, who flinched, then relaxed, and quickly hugged you back before stepping away warily. "You look.........beautiful." She whispered.

Amber laughed and clapped her hard on the back. She winced. "Oh, come now, Hyunah! No love lost, no hard feelings!" She said joyfully. "Your dear cousin and my best friend is getting married! Let's put a smile on that face!"

Hyuna twitched in annoyance and pain. "I'LL put a smile on YOUR face, all right!" She hissed, irritated. "Don't make me slap you on our first meeting in eight years, you tomboy! You haven't changed at all!"

She rounded on you. "And YOU! Wipe that stupid, vapid, beauty-contestant smile off your face! Look more serious! No, no, not that serious! A bit happier! Yes! And if you start crying in the middle of the ceremony, don't blame me if I kick you!"

"Look who's back in full power!" Amber said happily. "Come on, Hyunah, we better get over to the altar!" She dragged Hyuna away.

"What happy friends you have." Umma sniffed.

"You have to go too soon, umma." You said gently.

"Here, dear." She gave you a small bouquet of pink and white roses, your favorite. "You carry that down the aisle. I can't wait to see you. My daughter, getting married............" She gave a loud sniff and hurried out of the room.

You were alone. Your heart was pounding, but you took a deep breath and tried to relax. No, it didn't work. Your heart was still going crazy.

The door opened, and appa walked in. "Hey, everyone's in place already." He said. "You ready, sweetheart?"

"Not really." You said shakily. "But when will I ever be, appa?"

"That's my girl." He said, smiling. "But you better hurry. Jongki is getting impatient in his tuxedo and you know that boy, as the best man he has to stand there throughout the entire ceremony."

You knew he was just talking to calm you down, although it wasn't working.

The doors slowly opened, and every head turned down the aisle to stare at you as you walked down the aisle with your father. Everyone oohed and ahhed and took pictures. Several were already crying into handkerchiefs.

Wearing your white wedding dress and veil, clutching your bouquet of roses, you practically glowed with beauty. Your glow affected everyone else too. Your father, next to you, looked happier and younger than he's ever had before. Hyuna had a smile so big on her face it looked like it might jump off, and Amber did not look strange in the dress, but as gorgeous as a supermodel.

And he, the man waiting for you, looked as handsome as he ever did.

As soon as you met eyes with him, your heart calmed down. It was like the calm after a storm. Everything settled down, peaceful, ready. You were ready for this.

The man who was soon to be your husband smiled with joy when he saw you. He looked happy, so happy.

Your heart thudded, like you had a schoolgirl crush all over again.

You loved this man, more than anything else in the world.

And you were going to live with him happily every day for the rest of your life.

You reached the altar and your father moved to stand next to your fifteen year old brother.

Son Dongwoon slowly leaned forward and lifted off the veil from your face.

"I love you." He mouthed to you, smiling, his eyes shining with joy.

"And I love you." You mouthed back.

He was your special guy.

 

 

*The End*

 

Yaaaaay, it's over! Happy ending! :)

Okay, I might get started on my new fanfics soon. Just in case, keep checking My Stories, okay? It'll be there if I start it!

thank you for reading and subscribing to this fanfic! So happy it's over! And get ready, CUZ MORE IS IN STORE!!!!