The Maknae Gets Everything

The Maknae Gets Everything

"Say aaaaah-"

"Mmfgjsgs I'm not a kid."

I watch as Jaejoong tries to coax Changmin to open his mouth and take his food, and as Changmin crosses his arms grumpily in annoyance.

It's no secret that Changmin is Jaejoong's favorite, it comes with the former being the maknae and the latter being a motherly man, no matter how ridiculous that seems. It's really unfair, especially to me, because Changmin gets to be comfortable while the rest of us are expected to act like adults in no need of compassion. Jaejoong sets the rules though, since he is the eldest.

"C'mon, Minnie-ah, you have to eat," Jaejoong coos. "I can feed myself," Changmin pushes Jaejoong's hand away, spilling the contents of the spoon on the table.

"Yah, Changmin!" I call out as sternly as I can. Jaejoong glares daggers at me before he pats Changmin's head.

"Minnie's grumpy again. That's cute," he says before getting a tablecloth from the kitchen.

I swear I saw Changmin smile at me evilly before Jaejoong came back. That punk.

 

We all gather around Jaejoong as he sets down the groceries on the kitchen counter.

"Did you get me my magazine?" Yoochun inquires.

"Of course I did, Chunnie," Jae replies while taking out his purchases. "Here. And a gel pen because I know you're about to run out of ink again."

Yoochun's another Jaejoong baby, they're like BFFs or something.

"Hyung, did you get me an energy drink for tomorrow?" Junsu pipes in squeakily while putting his head on his palms.

"Of course, Junsu, I got you three. And a power bar too, your favorite."

I discreetly cover my ears as Junsu squeals in delight in high pitch.

"Gomawoyo!"

Jaejoong beams at himself like a contented Stepford wife.

I wait patiently as Changmin takes his turn to ask for his loot. He stands beside Jaejoong and props his hands on his hips. It looks gay but it's a habit he can't get rid of.

"Where's my food?" he demands.

Jaejoong pinches his cheek like he's a baby. "Awww you're so cute. Of course I got you food, Minnie."

In Jaejoong's eyes Changmin is still a baby. It's ridiculous, I know. I look in bewilderment as Jae brings out a big grocery bag and hands it to Changmin.

"I only asked for cookies."

If Changmin is happy he sure tries hard to hide it. He doesn't want Jaejoong to think he's happy. Jaejoong only grins at him. Changmin takes the whole bag in his room, smirking when he's out of Jae's sight. He even holds out a bag of chips to Junsu.

"What about-"

"No earphones, sorry."

"What?" Jaejoong shrugs.

"I don't have money anymore."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. "You spent it all on Changmin's food didn't you?" 

Jaejoong pretends he doesn't hear.

"I need it. Changmin's food could have-"

"Then go buy one!" Jaejoong snaps. He doesn't like it when Changmin is dragged to a fault.

I throw up my hands in frustration.

 

I can hear Junsu and Changmin yelling while playing Tekken in the living room, and the noise is making it hard for me to concentrate on making a choreography for our new single. I briskly walk out of my room ready to scold idiots. I look around to make sure Jaejoong's nowhere in sight, and I put on my leader-ssi face.

"Can't you be quiet? You just play Tekken while I choreograph my off, and you don't even have the decency to tone yourselves down."

Junsu and Changmin stared at me in silence.

"Junsu, instead of playing around why don't you start on your choreography? You're supposed to present it tomorrow to the DI!"

Junsu gulps guiltily. "But hyung-"

"No buts!"

Junsu looks down at his controller. I didn't mean to berate on him but he just happens to sit beside Changmin.

"And you," I point at the maknae. "Why don't you wash the plates for once? You eat every hour but you don't clean up after your mess. Do you know how time-consuming it is for me to clean all your plates? I also have other things to do, Changmin!"

Changmin opens his mouth to retort but I wasn't just done yet. "Just because Jaejoong favors you doesn't mean you can be a spoiled little brat. Who's the leader here? Am I not the leader here? Are you not supposed to be following my orders instead of wagging your way through Jaejoong? Grow up and be responsible!" Changmin's eyes widened. It feels good to let out steam. 

"Were you screaming at Changmin?" a familiar husky voice comes out of nowhere. I felt my heart stop.

"Me too," Junsu puts in, his face lighting up with hope as Jaejoong places himself between me and the two irresponsible gits.

"And to Junsu?" Jaejoong adds sternly.

Dang, they're ganging up on me. I can see the two sniggering behind him.

"I was working out a choreo, I need to concentrate," I try to say with as much leader-like dignity as I can.

"Is that so?" Jaejoong raises an eyebrow. Changmin takes the cue. I know where this is going.

"He was yelling at us, he said we're spoiled," Changmin says.

"And irresponsible," Junsu adds.

"He said we're worthless!" Changmin says with a sniff.

"Hey, I didn't say anything like that!" I know Changmin is enjoying this, that little lying .

"Aren't you the leader here? Aren't you supposed to be a role model to us? Why do you say such things to your members, Yunho? That's immature of you," Jaejoong berates me.

Ugh I wanna kill Changmin right now so I won't have to see that mean jeer of his.

"We were just playing quietly," Changmin goes on.

"You weren't quiet! You were creating a ruckus!" I shout.

"See, he's shouting again," Changmin pretends to hide behind Jaejoong. Jaejoong crosses his arms before his chest.

"No dinner for you, leader-ssi," he says menacingly before going to the kitchen.

"What?! It's not even my fault!" I retort.

"Shut your big mouth, Yunho," Jaejoong throws back.

"We tried to warn you," Junsu whispers.

"You shouldn't have yelled at me," Changmin says matter-of-factly, popping a popcorn in his mouth. That little devil. I began walking to my room when Changmin calls my name. "Yunho-hyung, can I have your dinner portion? Thanks, hyung!"

I swear I'll get that little devil one day.