the book

The library book

My pov

I was sitting on at table near the college library. It was a very fresh morning about 6:20 am, fresh enough that you can enjoy the early morning. I was typing away an essay that I was suppose to have done earlier that week, but procrastinated as usual. When I felt the table moved, I looked up and it a young woman. She seem to about 34 or 36 years old, evenly tan skin, her face seem similar to Snow White, long and healthy light brown. The young woman asked if she can sit there and I smiley nodded, and then I returned to what I was doing. I typed way and started getting bored. I looked up about 10 minutes later; I saw that the young woman was reading a blue book. I could not tell what the title was about it was written in Chinese.  She seemed to be enjoying her book because she kept smiling. I felt my phone shake and I checked it was an email. As I was checking my email, I felt the table move again. A teen boy looked to be about 18 years old; smiled at the young woman and me. Suddenly, he started to talk to the young woman.

“ You read that book too?”

“?”

“That book in your hands?” The young woman nodded.

“Wow, I never met another person who read that book?”

“You like it too?”

“Yes, it one of my favorite books, my friends make fun of me because I like that book more than skateboarding.” The young woman smiled at him.

“I like the book because it was my son’s favorite book.”

“Really? How old is he?”

“Well, he would have been around your age, but he passed away when he was a little boy.” The teen boy’s smile turned into a frown. I was a little sad when she said it. I tried not to say anything.

“Yeah, he really liked reading alot. He preferred books like Harry Potter or Steven King’s books.”

“Oh I am sorry for your loss”

“ Don’t worry, Actually when you came I thought it was him for a minute, but you have brown hair my son had white snowy hair.” The boy touched his hair and the young woman smiled.

“Actually, I have snowy hair, but I just dyed alot because people made fun of me.” The young woman’s eyes started to tear up and I did do. I can only imagine how a mother or a father will feel when they lose their child.

“ Well I guess I can pretend to be your son since I look so much like him^^” The young woman’s widened and smiled at the boy.

“really?” the boy noded.

“yeah, Everytime you see me you talk to me as if you were my mother. You can be like my mother at school^^”

“ wouldn’t you real mother get bothered by it?”

“umm not really because she is never home and I don’t have a dad.”

“well then you be my son, but what is your name?”

“Chanjo and yours?”

“call me mama Lin.” Chanjo nodded and they left to the college cafe across the library. I felt my phone ring. I was a text message.

You dork Your late to class and forgot to submit the essay and the teacher is super pissed.

I look at the time and it was 10:00 am. . I listen to them that I forgot everything else. Damn it -.- Next time, I am not letting one sit next to me -.-