Beginning

Him

Joshua/Jisoo


It's been three days since I've arrived here in Seoul, S. Korea; mid-September, (the 22, I think). The weather is pretty hot, but not as humid as L.A. around this time of the year. Already, I'm home sick. I miss my friends, my neighbor's dog, Ellie, and believe it or not, I actually miss my teachers. Especially Mr. Thomas, my Human Bio teacher who was possibly the coolest teacher around (plus, he played guitar; who could argue with that?). He taught me a few things about guitar; expanded my capabilities and further increased my love and interest for the musical instrument. But due to my dad's job, we had to move here; he was a contracting engineer with flexibility. Where as my mom, she is a certified registered nurse anesthetist. I have to admit, the income is no where near bad at all, but the living expenses here are much higher than in America (not that, that changes things much). But for the time being, we are staying in a rented condo, until we find a house that suits my parent's likings, and we go from there out. 

"Joshua," my mom called, and once she had my attention, she walked forth from the doorway and sat down next to me. "You know how we've been talking about the school's here?" She began, to which I responded with a nod. "Well, your father and I have agreed on one. It's Cheongryang High."

I furrowed my brows. "Cheongyrang High? But that's—" 

"I know," she quickly cut me off. "I know it's not a music school like you wanted, but right now, that's all we can afford. I hope you can understand." A pause, and I felt my heart sink. Money was a tight issue right now, so yes, I understood ... but that didn't technically mean that I had to feel great about it. I wanted to audition for a school of the arts, but even then, it was a lot of money. Money, that though my family is well established with, we just don't have having recently moved to another country and still trying to stable ourselves. "But hey, maybe after this year, we can go looking into some music schools ... but your father and I will have to look into the expenses; you know as much as I do how much those 'school of the arts' schools can be." She smiled and lightly tapped the tip of my nose; her hopeful attempts at reassuring me were all too obvious, but I wasn't complaining. It's one of the reasons I should be, and am, grateful for having a parent like her. My dad, on the other hand, was a distant man I sometimes think I barely know. My mom used to tell me he wasn't always this cold ... he wasn't before my younger brother, Alex, passed away. I like to think I'm more like my mom, personality wise, but as I grow older, I feel myself becoming more like him ... "Does that sound alright with you?" my mom asked, interrupting my thoughts. After a brief jog of the memory as to what we were just talking about, I remembered "Cheongryang High" and gave a nod and a smile to convince her that despite feeling a little drag about the whole thing, I understood. 

"Alright, good," she kissed my temple and smiled; a relieved sigh as she stood. "You'll start school the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll go do some mother son fun." She said, rather giddily, then left my room. I fell back on my bed; I could practically feel it in my bones.

This was going to be one hell of a year, and that could go either two ways: good ... or terribly awful.


A/N : I know ... kind of boring, right? (or a lot) but the next chapter you will have some hansol x jisoo going on, so no worries! this was just the beginning before the excitement occurs, so to inform you how he had to move to korea and how he gets into the school where he meets hansol. hope you liked it (kind of?) anyways! thanks for subscribing dudes B| (/cough dudets .. ? lol anywayss.. stay tuned! 8D)