Complete

When Things Fall Together

 

Before Wooyoung knew it, the lights were turned off and everything plunged into darkness. That was when he snapped out of his thoughts and started looking around cluelessly.

‘Did something happen? A black-out? Why is it so quiet?’ Multiple questions appeared in Wooyoung’s head before he heard a familiar, soothing voice that he loved to listen to. His all-time favorite voice. All her OSTs were amongst his favorite songs and listening to her voice could never fail to calm him down on bad days.

 

“Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday dear Wooyoungie,

Happy birthday to you!”

 

As he looked around for the person he wanted to see, he finally spotted her at the door, carrying a decorated strawberry cake in front of her. Her pretty face was visible by the warm glow of the candles on the cake and a huge, angelic smile was plastered on her face.

Seeing her bright smile, he couldn’t help but smile back and slowly walked to her.

“I thought you said you won’t be coming?” Wooyoung questioned the girl in front of him.

“Well, I can’t miss Wooyoungie’s birthday for anything in the world right? I rushed back from Austria just in time! In fact, I just got off the plane like 45 minutes ago.” Kim Taeyeon gave a cheeky smile and her eyes seem to twinkle in the dim light from the candles.

Wooyoung took the cake from Taeyeon and put it on a nearby table. Overwhelmed with joy, he quickly gave her a big hug and murmured without thinking, “I missed you.”

Without a moment’s hesitation, Taeyeon replied, “Me too.” Wooyoung’s heart skipped a beat when he heard her reply. He had not expected her to even hear him, much less answer back with the reply he wanted to hear.

Not letting go of the petite girl, he asked, with his heart beating fast now, “You missed me?”

“Of course. I’m sorry I’ve been so busy for the past month that I barely had time to talk to you.”

“That’s alright, I understand. You have schedules. Life of an idol.”

A short silence ensued as the two of them continued hugging and enjoyed the warmth and scent of the other’s body. The room was still in darkness, the only light being the glow of the candles on the cake.

“Taeyeon ah, I have something I need to say.”

“Hmm?”

“I…” Wooyoung pulled back from the hug and put his hands on her shoulders gently, before plucking up his courage and looking Taeyeon in the eye. “Kim Taeyeon, I like you. You’re always on my mind and I like how we are so comfortable with each other. I don’t know when and how but I’ve fallen for you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Wooyoung saw that tears suddenly welled up in Taeyeon’s eyes and was shocked. He quickly cupped Taeyeon's cheeks and wiped her tears off gently. “Omo, don't cry! I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just felt like I should say it out because-" Wooyoung’s explanation was stopped by Taeyeon, who touched Wooyoung’s lips gently with her fingers.

“No, I’m just too overwhelmed," Taeyeon said, as a sweet smile formed on her lips. "I thought you’ll never ask.”

 

The lights suddenly came on and shouts and cheers could be heard all over the room. It felt like a dream to the both of them as they were suddenly surrounded by a small crowd.

“Finally, you guys are officially together! Took you long enough to ask, Woodong~” Taecyeon teased.

“Congratulations!” The girl group members present shouted in unison, applauding the new couple.

The new couple was so awkward and shy amongst the cheers and shouts. At a point of time, the two of them caught the other’s eye and looked away with shy, sweet smiles on their faces.

“Omo, Wooyoung oppa and Taeyeon unnie are so cute!” Suzy squealed, and she was joined by a laughing IU who was nodding furiously.

“Kiss!” The mischievous old maknae, Chansung shouted out of a sudden. The crowd caught on and everyone was now chanting.

“KISS! KISS! KISS!”

At this point, Taeyeon’s cheeks were burning a furious red and had her head held low to cover her tomato red face while Wooyoung scratched his head sheepishly.

“Aigoo, our kid leader is so shy right now. C’mon Wooyoung, take more initiative! Kiss her!” Jessica urged Wooyoung. Taeyeon immediately looked up and gave Jessica a whack on the shoulder.

“Are we not sisters? You’re supposed to help me!”

“Sorry my dear Taengoo, can’t help this time~” Jessica stuck her tongue out and hid behind Sunny who was laughing away.

“Yah, Sica! You!”

 

Taeyeon then felt a warm hand holding hers. She looked up and saw Wooyoung’s handsome face, with a gentle expression on his face. She blushed a furious red once again as Wooyoung cupped her right cheek gently. He tilted her chin up before slowly inching in, closing the gap between their lips.

When their lips finally touched for the first time, everything felt right. Both of them could feel their racing heart beats and knew that their hearts beat only for each other. Everyone cheered for the new couple with the SNSD and 2PM members pulling party poppers to hype up the atmosphere. 

Wooyoung leaned his forehead against Taeyeon’s and the both of them stared into each other’s eyes, with a huge smile on both their faces. “You’re finally mine, Taeyeon.” Wooyoung whispered, giving her another peck on her lips.

“You,” Taeyeon put her hand on Wooyoung’s chest before gesturing to herself. “Mine too.” Taeyeon shyly said.

 

“Yah you two love birds! I’m sorry to interrupt your moment, but the ice-cream birthday cake is literally melting and I want to eat some! Quickly make your wish, Wooyoung!” Sooyoung said, pointing to the cake on the table.

The candles which were blown out by the wind long ago were re-lit and Wooyoung was pushed onto the stage in the center of the club. He reluctantly let go of Taeyeon’s hand as he went up. Taeyeon gave him a smile and her eyes were full of affection. Everyone sang the birthday song for Wooyoung together as he made his way up.

“Thank you so much guys! Firstly, I’ll like to thank everyone for coming and for having some part in organizing the best surprise for me. I’m eternally grateful!” Having said that, Wooyoung gave a huge bow and everyone cheered and applauded.

“Tae, you’re the most precious present I could ever get. Thank you.” Wooyoung gave Taeyeon a sweet smile and she smiled back, with a blush on her face again. Wooyoung closed his eyes, put his hands together and made his birthday wish before blowing out the candles.

 


Miss A's Min took a photo of the above scene and posted it on her Instagram.

Birthday boy. Sowoneul malhaebwa~ What do you think he wished for? ;) 

 

 

 

 

 


(credits to Min's Instagram for the above photo)

Hi my dear readers!! I'm finally done with this two-shot, I hope you guys liked and enjoyed it! :) Hope I didn't disappoint ><

Many thanks to those who subscribed and commented, and for the support you have given me! <3 Can't express how thankful I am! And special thanks to sone_cassiopeia for upvoting! ^^

By the way, Min really did post the picture and the first part ('Birthday boy.') was her caption BUT the other half is not! Haha just in case there's some confusion~

Anyway, if you liked this, check out my other ongoing story (Second Chances) if you haven't :) (advertising again hehehe ><)

Alright, see you again/soon I hope! Thank you guys, so much! *bows*

 

Signing out, 

tintedglass, previously wootaeforever :)