chapter o n e ❚ jealousy

Torn Heart

"Yoona!"

The beautiful girl with milky skin and wavy black hair immediately smiled and turned around at the voice. She could regconize the voice anywhere. He was not only her best friend, but was also the guy who she's head over heels in love with. Yoona grinned widely and waved at him. He immediately ran over to her and helped her carry her books.

"You look like you're going to collapse under all these books, Yoong."

It was true. Yoona's small body looked so fragile under all those books, it was as if though she would fall down any moment, but Yoona just chuckled softly.

"Yah, you think too little of me, Choi Minnie."

"Blah, no one said you could call me Minnie." Minho stuck his tongue out at Yoona. "Anyway, I know my best friend the best." Minho said as he pinched Yoona's cheeks and passed her the books. "Now go class, Yoong. Bye!" Minho turned around and sped off to his own class, leaving Yoona behind wishing this could go on forever.

Minho would always help her carry her books to class whenever he sees her in the morning, but Yoona knew one thing. They're not going to be in the same school forever. Minho can't help her forever, and knowing that made her feel really dejected.

"I can't confess to him, I just don't have the courage to. Yet I wish for him to do this everyday, and I wish to see him forever. But, that's impossible, Yoong. So stop dreaming." The naive yet thoughtful girl thought as she chuckled to herself and walked into her class, taking her seat beside Yuri, who greeted her happily.

But both Minho and Yoona never noticed Yuri looking at them with pure jealousy stated obviously in her eyes. It was obvious that Yuri liked Minho, practically everybody knew. Heck, even Yuri and Yoona's clique knows. It's only Minho and Yoona who don't know. The couple who are forever in their own world. And Yuri was jealous of that. But she definitely wasn't going to show Yoona.

Yuri and Yoona were best friends, there's no doubt abouy that. But Yuri knew that in Yoona's heart, she cannot compare up to Minho. Never. And there was another thing that Yuri forever has on her mind. She's forever wondering whether or not Minho and Yoona just treat each other as best friends, or are they actually more than what everybody sees? She didn't know, but she was dying to know.

"Yoong." Yuri whispered. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Yul."

"You like Choi Minho, don't you?"


"Yoona, here!"

Yuri watched as Yoona's name rolled off Minho's tongue ever so perfectly as he waved excitedly to Yoona, and how Yoona walked up to Minho happily once she heard his voice, how they would always chat and chat and chat until they got to the bus stop, and they would even take the same bus home together. Yuri felt her heart ache at the thought that she and Minho could never be like that, even though they had most classes together.

But even without being together for most of the time in school, Minho and Yoona could be such good friends. Minho would think of Yoona once he has good news, he would think of Yoona once he's happy, he would think of Yoona even if he has problems, he would think of Yoona once he needs someone to confide in.

Also, in addition to Yoona's confession that she liked Minho that morning, Yuri felt even more jealousy in her. Im Yoona, forever trusting others easily, she didn't even know that telling Yuri would mean that she'll get into more trouble. Yuri was the kind who would do anything for love, or simply put, she'd do anything for Choi Minho. Even if it means breaking her best friend's heart.

Yuri narrowed her eyes at Minho and Yoona sharing an umbrella as they hurried to shelter. They could share an umbrella while they ran together and laughed, feeling so blissful, while she had to run for shelter on her own, and she didn't even have an umbrella.

She smiled as she took out her phone and punched in the numbers, calling her very best friend.

"Hello? Yoong?" -Yuri

"Oh, Yul? What's the matter?" -Yoona

"Ah, I see you with Minho oppa at the bus-stop opposite our school.. But I didn't bring an umbrella and can't go over to the bus-stop, would it be fine for you to come over? If it isn't that convenient.. Well I can definitely understand. Hahahaha, our Minho and Yoona needs to have some alone time. I can always wait for the rain to end and go home late." -Yuri

"No, it's okay, Yul. We're YoonYul, how can I leave you alone? It's okay, I'm coming over now and you can join me and Minho oppa. We'd love to have you with us. See you, unnie." -Yoona

Yuri smiled triumphantly to herself as she looked at Yoona hurriedly crossing the road. "This is my chance to get close to Minho oppa." Yuri thought.

"Hey, Yul!" Yoona approached Yuri happily, and Yuri waved back, running to get under Yoona's umbrella.

"I'm so glad you're here, Yoong. Thanks so much, you're forever the one helping me out."

"Aw, come on. What are good friends for? We're YoonYul, right?"

"Hahaha, yeah."

Yuri skipped happily over to Minho once they reached the bus-stop.

"Annyeong Minho-oppa!"

"Ah, annyeong Yuri." Minho smiled dazzlingly down at Yuri, making her heart flutter.

"Aigoo, oppa, you have such a killer smile." Yuri said as she laughed, hitting Minho's arm gently as she did so. Minho smiled back, not really used to being complimented this much by a girl who's as popular as he is, but he likes it. He likes the feeling of fooling around and maybe actually flirting with a girl who's as popular as him. It may be fun, and it may turn out well after all.

"Thank you Yuri, you flatter me." He said as he flashed her his killer smile once more.


"Yah, yah, yah!" Sooyoung shouted as she skipped happily towards the eight girls. "SHINee will be hosting a masquerade party two weeks later! It's going to be a pretty interesting one, where they will each invite one girl from SNSD and they'll actually have to find out who their invited guest is on the party day! If they choose wrongly, well then too bad, they'll have to spend the whole party with the wrong girl. Another famous clique from our school will be going too!" Sooyoung said excitedly as she jumped up and down.

"Aigoo, Sooyoung unnie, calm down." Yoona said as she put a hand on Sooyoung's shoulder. "Well, it sounds interesting enough, but who else will be going other than SHINee and us?"

"What if we don't get a date?" Tiffany asked anxiously. "Aigoo.."

"I don't know." Sooyoung said. "But all I know is that the other clique which is going will be a big one, so the ones without dates will be the boys, and not us."

"What if Minho oppa decides to go with Yoona?" Yuri thought as she grew more jealous than ever. "I'll have to do something about this." Yuri snapped her fingers as an idea came to mind.

"With that clever plot.. It wouldn't matter even if Minho didn't invite me as his special guest." The girl thought as she smiled, proud of how she could come up with such a great plot.


Chapter one is up(: I hope I didn't disappoint you all ^^ I was pretty shocked at the number of people who subscribe though. I mean like, asdgfhkghd i never had that many people subscribing when i've only posted up the foreword(: you guys are awesome :D anyways, maybe this poll came a little too early since we're only at the start, but whatever XD I hope you all will vote, I need your opinions :D