~~Chapter 2~~

B ♮

In the infirmary, _____ sat on the hard mattress bed that she had been assigned, however there was no way she could lay down and rest. The events from an hour ago danced in a teasing waltz, slow and lucid across her mind.


 “What are you doing in this practice room?” He shouted again. His eyes were ablaze and furious enough that she was sure they were going to burn holes straight through her skin if she didn’t answer soon.     

 “I-I’m so sorry,” She tried to bow from her position on the floor, but it ended up being more of an awkward head nod. “I didn’t mean to intrude, honestly. I was running and  –”

“And you thought that playing hide and seek in my practice room would be fun?”

This time he didn’t yell, but she almost wished that he would. Each word which had previously reverberated off of the walls engulfing her in their vehemence, now instead was delicately accented and annunciated with the tip of tongue, as though it was a sharpened blade, and he; a well trained swordsman.

“You trespass into my private practice room, vandalize and destroy my property. Do you really think you’re going to get away with it just because you’re sorry?” she noticed how his fists were clenched tight and his nostrils were flaring, mimicking his eyes which were still alight with raw and pure fury.

_____ felt about two inches tall as she tried to apologize. “I am so, so sorry. I will do anything. I’ll pay, I’ll – I’ll –”

“What has been broken can never be replaced.” He broke eye contact and veered his gaze towards the pile of ruined ceramic. His expression had fallen and seemed to mirror the broken state of the figure, and she swore that if anything, his anger had been replaced, or at least for the moment blanketed by sadness.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered again. She went to stand up and properly bow, but as soon as her injured hand made contact with the ground to push myself up, she toppled back to the floor with a cry. She hadn’t realized how sever her cut had become.

The gash seemed to have opened wider, and blood now coated her hand, trailing down her wrist and forearm dripping into a puddle on the polished hardwood floor.

“Yah, you’re getting blood everywhere!” And _____ noted right away that his yelling wasn’t out of concern. It was out of anger.

“I’m sorry. I’ll just –”

“God, you are the stupidest girl I have ever met!” Yonghwa stormed over to where she was still sitting while blankly staring in amazement at her hand. He snatched her by the bad wrist that she was holding up and yanked her up onto her feet.

“Ow,” she flinched, but quickly composed herself after he sent her a dangerous glare, warning her to keep quiet. She obliged since she was in no condition or place to push him any farther over the edge.

 He dragged her from the room, leaving the pile of shattered glass and spots of vibrant blood behind. Slamming the door behind them, he marched her down trough the corridors out of the music wing and into the courtyard. Classes were in session so the courtyard was empty save for the few students on break or skipping class, making it even easier for him to maneuver them through the open space.

His grip was brutal, but there was no way she was going to question him and anger him more then she already had today.

 

Once out of the courtyard, he steered them towards the main offices where the infirmary was located. He pulled her in through the doors of the infirmary and ordered her to sit in one of the waiting chairs.

He walked into the nurse’s office, leaving her alone in the cramped room examination room. _____ shivered at her surroundings. Jars filled with wooden tongue depressors, cotton swabs, latex gloves, surgical masks, bottles of chemicals, and needles were stacked high on the shelves. Freaking needles! She took a deep breath and tried to avert her eyes from the eerie array of medical supplies as they brought back unpleasant memories from her childhood.

Just as she felt as though she was going to be sick, a woman sporting horribly bleached hair and long hideous fake eyelashes emerged from the office with Yonghwa tailing behind. She sauntered over, grasping her wrist to get a better look at the cut, clicking her tongue disapprovingly. While she swept over to grab cotton swabs and disinfectant, _____ didn’t fail to notice Yonghwa slip out the door. She supposed that it would have been rather presumptuous of her to ask him to stay till the end, but in all honestly, she wouldn’t have minded the company.

The nurse finished the procedure quickly, and _____ was about to head to the door when she cut her off and pointed towards one of the beds. She mentioned something about blood loss and rehydration, and she was most definitly not going to argue with someone who had needles in their possession.

Thus leads her back to the bed that she now sat on but didn’t dare lay down on nor much less sleep, because when _____ closed her eyes all she could see was his hurt face, and she preferred to stay awake and dwell upon his caring side, much more then the side of him that she carelessly destroyed.