Lazor Beamz of the Heart

Frayed at the Seams

                Jong babbled animatedly with Onew and Shin Se Kyung – Jong was ineffably relieved that s seemed to approve of his girlfriend. Onew was so accepting of her that he’d even abandoned his scrumptious chicken lunch in favor of greeting Shin Se Kyung with a hug. He did wonder, however, why Key had been perfectly fine all day, and then right when Shin Se Kyung arrived he’d started acting remarkably odd. Could it be that Key still…had feelings, from that…one time, three years ago? He quickly dashed the thought form his mind, lest the unbearable shame crop up once more from the recesses of his heart he’d viciously confined it to. No, that time hadn’t meant anything… In fact, it had never happened.

With that, he hastened to stop his thoughts right in their tracks, filling his mind’s eye with nothing but the heavenly image of a nearly clothed Se Kyung, her luscious deep brown locks tumbling down her shoulders, her innocent eyes sparkling with lust. This was what he wanted. Key was a guy; of course he couldn’t like him! That just wasn’t natural!

                He was snapped out of his inner turmoil by the arrival of Key, his beautifully shaped eyes suspiciously rubicund and puffy. Jong’s heart lurched in his chest, but he fought it back expertly, violently. However, he couldn’t help but be terribly distracted by the sight, even though Key was smiling cheerfully once again. Finally, Onew took notice of Key, and dropped his chatter with Jong’s adorable girlfriend instantaneously, setting a pair of worried big-brother eyes onto the disheveled member.

                “Key, are you alri—“

                “YAH! KEY! What happened?! How do you expect to continue on with the photoshoot in this state?!” interrupted their manager furiously, and without awaiting an answer she grabbed him by the wrist like a naughty child who wouldn’t stop running in the hallway and led him off to the magical makeup artists. Soon returned a blushy maknae; following was a subtly joyful Minho. Once Key was restored amongst them, as good as new, they set back to their high energy photoshoot; no one seemed to mind Shin Se Kyung hanging out to watch, so she decided to stay for the remainder of the shoot and support her Jonghyun.

                By the end of the day, SHINee was simply exhausted. Staff members were beginning to pack up their and make for home, and the group was also becoming anxious to get back to their dorm and crash before another busy day. Oh, the life of an idol!

                “Well, I suppose I’ll be on my way now as well,” Se Kyung spoke up as they were all getting ready to leave the studio for the day. Jong pouted in a way that made Key’s heart flutter, and then burn right to the ground knowing it was not for him. He was instantly angered that this BABO had that effect on him, even after these three long years.

Jonghyun’s feet swiftly guided him to the dainty beauty, and his arms folded around her waist as she blushed slightly. He leaned in and gently stole a kiss from her supple lips, and Key felt his blood begin to boil dangerously. He knew he should have looked away right then, spared himself the pain – but he couldn’t tear his eyes away. It was like a particularly gruesome car accident. Taemin stole a worried glance at Key, and Minho’s eyebrows furrowed angrily, but neither of them spoke. The blood raced through Key’s veins, on fire. A thick vile threatened to rise in his throat, and his stomach churned mournfully. Taemin noticed the famous Key glare beginning to take over his visage, and he could’ve sworn an enraged laser beam was about to shoot out of his divalicious eyeballs to disintegrate the two offenders. Without a second thought, Taemin quickly closed the distance between himself and Key; enclosing a sympathetic hand around Key’s and giving it a squeeze, Key was brought back down to Earth. Taemin’s calming presence really did wonders for Key, who had a tendency to get worked up and overreact to situations.

He steeled himself with a silent, shaky breath, getting ahold of himself and willing his features to become placid and unreadable once again. Jong and Se Kyung had already parted – the emotional torture that’d seem to last forever was over – but the vision of the two locked together had been branded fiercely into his psyche. However, he was now sure of one thing: This was NOT going to steal his Jonghyun away from him. that. No one was going to have this sort of torturous power over the Almighty Key. Even if Jonghyun didn’t want to be with him, or no longer cared about him… If he couldn’t have Jong, nobody could.