1/1

Bear With Me

 

The door shut quietly after his entrance and Hakyeon slid his shoes off before stepping into the dorm. It was already quiet, and somewhere in the dorm he could hear faint snores from the other members of the group. They had all spent their entire day going from the practice room to the recording studio and back, trying to get everything ready and as perfect as they could for their next comeback. Hakyeon went to the fridge and opened the doors, at first going to find something to eat but passing the little food stored on the shelves and just grabbing out a bottle of water. After everyone had been given permission to head back to the dorm he alone stayed back to practice the choreography, watch the recorded practices of the group, and make notes on things that needed to be refined or removed.

 

Hakyeon poured himself a glass of water and sat heavily against the wall, running his fingers through his hair. It was important for him to do well, not only for himself, but for his group and his fans. If he failed on his part, being the leader his faults would reflect poorly on his group members, who worked too hard to get where they were to just fail on his account. Tipping his head back he drank the water greedily, removing the empty glass from his lips with heavy breaths. His eyes looked up to find Wonshik watching him from the doorway into the kitchen.

 

"Did you just get back, hyeong?" Wonshik questioned with a lower voice than normal. Hakyeon nodded, getting up to put the glass by the sink, but instead found his back pressed against the wall again and his chest against . Wonshik's hands gently moved up his sides and his cheek pressed tightly to Hakyeon's. Being close like this never bothered Hakyeon, he didn’t mind skin ship, but it felt off how out of character this seemed coming from Wonshik.

 

"What's wrong with you tonight?" he asked the young rapper, who he knew wouldn't be up this late if there weren't a reason. The man could sleep for days if he only had the time available to him. Hakyeon opted to set his glass on the counter next to him, his arms folding around Wonshik's wide shoulders, his fingers trailing the smooth skin of his neck.

 

"I'm just worried about you, you've been spending a lot more time out of the dorm than the rest of us," he admitted quietly into the elder’s ear. The breaths escaping his lips as he spoke tickled Hakyeon, and a shiver coursed its way up his spine. "I'm fine Wonshik-ah, I promise," he reassured the younger man and started to pull away from him. Before he could even take a step his mouth was covered by Wonshik's and strong arms pulled Hakyeon even tighter against his chest. The leader’s eyes remained open in shock as the smooth lips worked against his own, but he didn't pull away or fight when Wonshik's tongue worked to part his lips.

 

Honestly, he'd sometimes wondered if this were ever going to happen with Wonshik. They spent so much time together and treated each other in a manner usually reserved for couples. Hakyeon pretty commonly found himself wondering what Wonshik would think of something he wore, and the way the man’s eyes would look him over always made Hakyeon feel like he had accomplished a great deed. In a way this was something he had wanted more than he had wanted to become an idol.

 

Wonshik's tongue was moving slowly along his, urging the older man to relax and respond. Hakyeon's eyes closed tightly and he started to kiss back, feeling a slight desperation coursing through him as he deepened it. After a few moments they pulled away, breathing heavily. Hakyeon wanted to hide his face, he wanted to get away from Wonshik's touch and scent, but instead found himself pressing his face tightly into the bend of the younger's neck.

 

"I've spent enough time with you, and I know you well enough to tell when you're not okay. Don't try to struggle on your own hyeong," Wonshik spoke quietly, his hands rubbing circles into Hakyeon's back. They stood quietly for a while, relaxing into the touch of the other. All Hakyeon could get himself to do in response was nod, his nose brushing Wonshik’s neck. “You need to trust me. We are both part of this team. The dream you’re chasing and working so hard for belongs to all six men in this dorm. All I want from you is to treat me more like a partner, and less like a dongsaeng,” Wonshik said, pulling away slightly to look down at the leader.


“Partner?” Hakyeon managed to choke out, his face burning from the idea of starting a romantic relationship with the younger man. The look on his face just made Wonshik chuckle lightly as he leaned down to press his lips against Hakyeon’s again, but only for a moment.


“Is that an okay thing? Can we be together like this and still work together?” he asked, his lips still lingering close to his hyeong’s. Hakyeon took advantage of the proximity to let his tongue slip across Wonshik’s lower lip before giving a reassuring nod. “You’re just going to have to bear with me, it might be more of a burden than you think, taking on some of my stress.”

 

Wonshik finally released his hold from around Hakyeon’s waist before pushing him off into the direction of the shower. “Go wash up and get to bed. We have another long day ahead of us tomorrow.” Hakyeon paused for a moment at the door, turning back to watch Wonshik wash out his cup in the sink. The smile on the younger’s face was enough to make his breath catch. He was positive he was going to need a reminder of this in the morning, otherwise his exhausted mind would convince him it had only been a dream.