Reminisce

Take My Hand

When the bell rang for lunch Seyeon saw Baekho approached her. She quickly took her lunch and went up to the rooftop. She sighed in relief that she lost Baekho. *What’s wrong with that guy,* she walked over to the fence and stared at the view then looked up at the sky. She hovered her hand over her forehead to block the sun from shinning into her eyes, *ahh, such beautiful weather today,* she smiled.  Seyeon walked to the bench nearby, set her lunch box down and sat beside it. She unraveled the cloth that was over it then opened the lunch box, *assa! Kimbap,* she smiled then took her chop sticks and started eating. As she was eating, she heard music coming from behind.

She put her lunch down and turned around seeing a shoe sticking out in the corner. She quietly tip-toed over and saw JR sleeping with his arms behind his head and headphones on. She stared at him and without knowing it, she got a bit closer to get a better view of his face. *This is bad, I shouldn’t be here,* she realized what she was doing and made herself turn around. As she took a step JR grabbed her hand from behind. Seyeon gasped as JR pulled her and slammed her against the wall. Her eyes widened seeing how close he was towards her. Thump thump, thump thump. She can feel his breathe.“What are—,” before Seyeon could finish her question JR planted a kiss on her lips. Seyeon resisted and pushed him away then slapped him on the face. She stared at him with alarmed eyes and heart beating twice as fast as it did before.

She felt her cheeks reddening up then quickly ran out of the rooftop passing by Minsu. Minsu glanced at her watching her run quickly down the stairs. *What’s wrong with her,* she wondered. She opened the door to the rooftop and saw on the bench an opened lunched box she became suspicious. She walked over to the corner and saw JR rubbing his cheek while leaning on the wall. “Did something happen?” She walked over to him.

JR looked over at her, “ani,” he responded.

"But I just saw--," JR walked over and hugged her.

"Bogoshipta," he whispered into her ear.

*I was probably thinking too much,* Minsu hugged him back.

Seyeon rushed back into the classroom and sat down, trying to figure out what just happened.

Baekho was chatting with his friends then suddenly saw Seyeon rush in. He walked over, "are you alright? Your face is red," he asked concerned.

"I'm alright," she responded still trying to recall what happened.

Baekho put his hand over her forehead, "what do you mean you're alright? You're burning," Baekho touched her cheeks testing the temperature.

Seyeon slapped his hand away, "I'm alright, mind your own business," she said coldly.

"No this is not going to work out, I'm taking you to the nurses office," Baekho attempted to pull her up.

Seyeon resisted, "how many times do I need to repeat myself?" she glared and yelled at him. Causing the class to stare.

"Mian," Baekho said before he lifted her up bridal style. "I'm going to have to take you by force then."

"YAH! Let me go this instant," she demanded. Baekho carried her down the hallway as everyone stared at them. Seyeon felt the eyes staring at her which caused her to tremble. She buried her face into Baekho's chest.

Baekho started panicking as he suddenly felt Seyeon shaking, "yah, gwaenchanah?" He nudged. He fastened his pace and reached the nurses office.

He opened the door, "What's wrong?" The nurse asked as Baekho placed Seyeon on the bed. With Seyeon passed out.

"She was burning hot so I took her here then she started shaking," Baekho quickly explained as the nurse examined her.

"Anxiety attack," the nurse said, "I will call her guardian." The nurse exited the room to the teacher office.

"Anxiety attack eh.." Baekho muttered. He stayed by Seyeon side until she woke up half an hour later. "Gwenchanah?" He quickly asked.

Seyeon looked around the room, "where am I?" she asked.

"We're in the nurse’s office, you passed out when I was taking you here," Baekho explained and sighed in relief that she has woken up.

Seyeon got up, "class should be starting soon we better get going." She stood up and attempted to walk but was overwhelmed by sudden dizziness.

Baekho caught her before she fell over, "you should get some more rest." He demanded as he helped her back onto the bed. "The nurse contacted your guardian, they should be here soon."

"You should go to class," Seyeon told him.

"It's okay, just rest," he tucked her in.

Around 10 minutes later Minhyun rushed into the nurse’s office and opened the door. "Did she wake up yet?" Minhyun quickly asked still trying to catch his breathe.

"She woke up 10 minutes ago, but I told her to get some more rest," Baekho explained as he got up the chair. "Well, I better get going to class."

Minhyun bowed to Baekho, "thanks for taking care her."

"Not a big deal," Baekho patted Minhyun's shoulder then left the room.

Minhyun sat down on the chair and lightly nudged her, "Seyeon-ah, Oppa's here." He said softly then her hair. *Why are you still keeping everything to yourself?* He watched her sleep peacefully. "Seyeon?" He said softly again.

She opened her eyes, "Oppa?"

"Seyeon-ah, let's go home now," Minhyun her hair again and smiled at her.

Seyeon nodded then grabbed her glasses from the table beside the bed as Minhyun helped her get up.

 

The maid rushed to the door as soon as she heard them, "Seyeon!" She hugged her tightly, "are you hurt anywhere?" The maid examined her.

"Gwenchanah Ahjumma," she smiled and reassured her.

“You’re probably hungry, I will go make some food,” the maid quickly reacted and went to the kitchen.

“Ahjumma--,” before Seyeon could finish her sentence the maid had already left her sight.  She sighed as she took off her shoes.

“I heard it was an anxiety attack,” Minhyun pointed out as he looked at her.

“Aha.. It’s nothing,” Seyeon tried to avoid the conversation. She glanced over at Minhyun and saw his serious face. “I’m really alright,” she faked a smile.

“Alright alright, that’s what you always say,” he yelled at her. “Can’t you depend on me during these times?”

“I’m really okay,” she said as her smile started fading. *Please, just stop asking me questions.* She quickly avoided eye contact with him and headed to her room.

“Seyeon, I’m not finished talking to you,” Minhyun said angrily as she walked upstairs.

Seyeon entered her room and locked the door. She leaned against the door and sighed. Knock knock, “Seyeon,” Minhyun yelled.

“I’m really okay, just stop bothering me!” She closed her eyes tight and yelled. Knock knock, she slowly slid onto her knees and tear’s started flowing down her face. *Just stop bothering me,* she sniffled and covered so Minhyun couldn’t hear her.

 

Couple hours later she opened her eyes and found herself sleeping on the floor. She got up and walked over to her desk and checked the time 8:39. Knock knock, “Seyeon?” A girl voice called out.

*Umma..* Seyeon walked over the door and opened it.

“Gwenchanah?” She asked concernly. Seyeon smiled at her and nodded. Her mother sighed in relief then walked over and sat on her bed. “Come sit,” she patted the bed. Seyeon walked over and sat down beside her. “I heard it was an anxiety attack.”

“Umma.. I don’t want to talk about it,” Seyeon directed her eyes down avoided the eye contact.

“Umma won’t force you to say anything. But you know Seyeon, we are always here for you.” She pulled Seyeon’s head onto her shoulder and her hair.

“Gomawo..” Seyeon held her hand. “Umma,” she looked up at her, “pegopa,” she pouted.

“Let’s go eat, Ahjumma made porridge.” She recommended as Seyeon nodded her head and walked downstairs with her.

“Appa,” Seyeon greeted as she saw her dad reading the newspaper at the dining table.

He put the newspaper down, “feeling better?” He asked. Seyeon nodded and sat in front of him. “How you liking your new school?”

“It’s going well,” Seyeon looked at the newspaper he was reading.

“Study and don’t cause any more trouble now,” he told her.

“Appa, I know,” she looked at him. “If you keep nagging you will turn into a grandpa.”

“Yah, I’m just worrying about you,” he ruffled her hair. “No matter how old you are, you’re still my baby you know that?”

“That’s probably the thousandth time you’ve said that to me,” she sighed.

“Yeobo,” Seyeon’s mom walked out of the kitchen with the porridge. “If you keep nagging her she will get sick of you,” she joked as she put the porridge down and sat beside Seyeon.

“See, Umma understands what I mean,” Seyeon dug into her food.

“You two..” her dad got up, “I have some work to do, you two enjoy yourself.” He headed to his working room.

“Umma, go up and rest, I’m fine by myself,” Seyeon suggested.

“You sure?” She asked.

“Neh, go get some rest, you must be tired from work.” Seyeon smiled at her.

“There’s more food in the kitchen if you want seconds,” she told her then got up and headed upstairs.

Seyeon finished her food then headed back upstairs to her bedroom. She took off her glasses and laid down on the bed. She starred at her ceiling and passed out without knowing.


"Yah, Seyeon, where are you?" The little boy yelled out. Seyeon peeked over behind the tree and covered so he couldn't hear her giggle. The little boy went around the park trying to find her. Seyeon was squatting on her knees waiting to be found while picking flowers around the area. "Aha!" The little boy yelled upon finding her which startled Seyeon.

"Yah! That scared me," Seyeon pouted at him.

"Ah, mian," he scratched the back of his head. "What are you doing?" he asked her.

"Picking out your prize," she pulled out another flower then bundled them together. "Here," she handed the flowers to him and smiled.

"Babo," he pushed her forehead back with his finger. "This is what a guy gives to a girl." He took one of the flowers and placed it in her hair then smiled. Seyeon directed her eyes up trying to see the flower on her head while trying to find where he had placed it with her hand.

"Where did yo--," before being able to finish the sentence, the boy placed his lips on hers. Suddenly the time period changed to the event that happened during lunch time. Her lips and JR’s were touching. Seyeon’s eyes widened in shock.
 

She immediately opened her eyes and sat up. Thump thump, thump thump, she grabbed her chest as it beating quickly. *What was... that...* she then noticed the sunlight shinning on her. She looked to the window and it was already morning. Seyeon put her glasses on and got up. She looked into the mirror and saw her cheeks were red then slapped it couple times lightly, "nothing happened, nothing happened," she muttered to herself.

After washing up Seyeon went downstairs into the kitchen, "Ahjumma," she greeted her.

"Seyeon, you're up early." The maid was not expecting to see her this early in the morning. "There's still another 2 hours until school starts."

"I couldn't sleep," she opened the fridge and poured the milk. She drank a sip then put it down on the counter and walked over to the maid. “What are you making?” Seyeon put her arms on the maid’s shoulder and leaned over.

“Chicken cutlet for your lunch,” she replied as she continued to fry the chicken in the pan.

“Looks tasty,” Seyeon smiled.

 

After eating breakfast she left the house earlier to avoid seeing Minhyun. She looked at the time on her phone, “still so early..” she muttered then sighed. She slowly continued to walk then looked up to the sky, *so beautiful,* she smiled, she then directed her eyes to the side and saw a small park. She walked over to the park and sat on the swings. Seyeon kicked the sands on the ground as she started humming and slowly moving the swings back and forth. Creak creak, creak creak.

Seyeon looked at the sidewalk and saw some kids laughing while chasing each other causing her to smile widely.  Her eyes directed to the empty swing beside her, as she reminisced the memories of her childhood.

“Yah, why you so weak?” Seyeon complained.

“Too weak?” The little boy smirked and pushed harder causing Seyeon to gasp.

“Yah!” Seyeon yelled at him then started laughing from joy. “Jonghyun, higher,” she smiled widely as she held onto the chains.

“Jonghyun, higher,” she muttered to herself and started laughing widely.

 

“Oh crap, I’m late,” Baekho looked at the time and ran towards school for his morning basketball practice. As he ran he heard a girl voice giggle, he stopped and looked around and spotted Seyeon at the park alone. He started smiling without knowing it, *that girl.. She can smile so beautifully.* After staring at her for several minutes he finally remembered, *oh crap, practice,* he continued to run to school.