OO1.

Cool Breeze

 

"Hey, where's Junhong? I haven't seen him since I woke up this morning." Hana asked, her eyes darting around the cosy living room of the house she was staying in with her six close friends.

 

"In his room, he said he wasn't feeling up for talking much today. He's probably sleeping or something." Daehyun said. The brown haired boy was sitting close to the fireplace, warming his hands on the fire that was crackling in it. 

 

The 5 boys that remained in the living room looked at her with knowing looks, they knew that their line of work was taking it's toll on the youngest boy and he was feeling exhausted, and Hana knew that too. He was only 17 after all. Hana knew how he felt so all she could do was merely nod as she her heels and left the room. She wandered up the staircase, the soft fluffy feeling comforting her bare feet, and made her way to Junhong's room that was currently guarded by a door.

 

She knocked on it softly and called out his name, and was greeted by a faint "Come in!". When she entered she found Junhong sitting up in his bed beside the window, his long legs tangled in the crisp white sheets, book in hand. His window was open, and the curtains that matched the bed sheets were rustling in the soft breeze. Hana made her way over to the side of his bed and he turned to look at her; his pale blue hair was slightly messed from his slumber and his big brown eyes lit up in happiness slightly when he saw her.

 

"How're you feeling?" Hana asked him. Her tone was soft and her voice was quiet, as if she was afraid that if she spoke any louder he would crumble. Junhong's shoulders raised and fell again in a shrug, as he lowered his book and patted a spot beside him so Hana would join him. 

 

"A little better I guess, better now that you're here." He replied as Hana took up the spot beside him and he smiled a genuine smile, one that Hana hadn't seen much of in the past couple of days. His smile made her heart warm and made her stomach churn in a giddy way. 

 

"I'm glad, I really hate seeing you sad. You don't look the same. You don't look like the Junhong I'm used to." Hana spoke honestly and as Junhong's cheeks turned a pale shade of pink she felt his arms slide around her waist, pulling her onto his lap. Her head immediately found his chest and her nose brushed the crook of his neck.

 

In return his hands made their way to her hair and he started to play with it absentmindedly. "I'll be okay soon, I promise." He said soothingly as she left light, airy kisses on his exposed skin and she nodded, hopeful that soon enough she would have her old Junhong back.

 

"What are you reading?" Hana asked, changing the subject to get both her and Junhong's mind off everything else. He looked down at his book, then to Hana and then back to his book again and let out a shy chuckle. 

"I'm not sure, it was lying on the table when we all got here and I just picked it up but then I remembered that I can't read english perfectly yet, so I've been staring at the words I know over and over, trying to figure out the story line." Hana let out a loud laugh and looked at Junhong, who's cheeks had flushed red in embarrassment, then she turned his book over to look at the name.

'Looking For Alaska' was typed up on the front and Hana smiled to herself because she knew this book. 

 

"So what do you think the story line is so far?" She asked, an amused smile playing on her face when she saw Junhong's eyebrows furrowing as he concentrated on a page. 

 

"He likes her..but s-she's crazy. Am I right? I-Is she crazy?" He stuttered shyly, his cheeks still adorning a pink hue. 

 

"Yes, you're right. She's emotionally unstable and he likes her. You're right." Hana smiled, nodding happily. He grinned back at her and decided to move herself under the sheets, and in between Junhong's long legs. Her back was supported by his chest, and she was secured with his arms around her waist. 

 

"Do you want me to read it to you?" Hana asked, moving her head back to look up at the taller boy. 

 

He nodded silently and moved his head to rest his chin on her shoulder, a content grin playing on his face. 

 

And so she did, for the next couple of hours they read and talked and wasted time just being in each others presence, legs and bodies wrapped in the crisp white sheets, a cool breeze coming in through the window to cool down the warm room and love dancing in the air.