Till we meet again

Till we meet again

 

I should have known, he was that infamous bad boy everyone warned me. I thought he was not as bad as they've said. Biting on my lips to suppress those tears that were threatening to fall,  I witnessed him kissing her...
 
" Kwon Jiyong! " I shouted as I pulled him out of her grip and planted my palm on his face. 
 
"WhatTheHeck!?"  Jiyong turned around in shock.
 
" How could you?!  We're so over! " 
 
" Then so be it. Your loss."  
 
With that he turned around. I thought i saw a hint of pain on his face but it vanish almost immediately. 
 
Guess I thought wrong. I thought he'll be guilty. I thought he'll try to salvage the situation. Can't he at least lie to me? Telling me it was all a misunderstanding?  
 
Jiyong held her hands and they left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He left me. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kwon Jiyong, he,  freaking left me. 
 
 
He chose her ..over me.I swear the pain on his face is nothing compared to what my heart is experiencing now. That moment he closed the door, my heart felt as though it had been ripped apart and tampered on. 
 
 
It was bleeding. 
 
 
I felt as though my other half was gone; Jiyong. I felt as though a part of me was gone. I felt as though the whole world had collapsed on me.. The whole world had abandoned me. My mind was in a state of mess and confusion.
 
 
"so be it." 
 
 
Those three words that brought me down to the ground. I felt like a lost child; a weakling.  "what about those promises you've made..." I whispered as I hugged my knees and cried. Memories of us flashed across my mind. Those happy days when we would just cuddle and watch a movie... I miss his embrace, his warmth, his touch... I miss him. The old Kwon Jiyong whom I thought would never cheat on me.
 
 
- A year later-
 
 
It's been a year since Jiyong left me and since then I have been a cold blooded iron lady. I work almost 24hrs. Can anyone blame me? Work was the only thing that can distract myself from thinking about Jiyong. I was emotionless. I was cold. I've forgot how to smile, to cry, to feel angry. It felt as though those emotions had been used up the day he left me. I was idolized for being successful at such a young age. I had money, fame and a line of handsome suitors.  What more can a person wish for? But was I happy? Nope. Didn't they always tell me time heals everything? Why does my heart still hurts so damn much? Believe it or not, till this day, a part of me still believe that he'll return.
 
 
"Buzzzbuzzz." The vibration of my phone woke me up. 
 
"Yeobuseyeo?"
 
" This is Dami, please come to the hospital! My brother is in critical conditions! I don't want the both of you to regret it... So please come now!" 
 
 
 
My heart stopped.
 
 
 
 
Kwon Jiyong...
 
 
 
 
 
Critical....
 
 
 
 
 
Conditions....
 
 
My mind was once again in a mess. My soul was crushed as fear seems to be strangling me preventing air from entering my lungs. The world seems to be spinning. Why does he always do this to me? Not caring about my image, I grabbed a coat and rushed to the hospital . 
 
 
"Patient Kwon Jiyong. Where is he?? What's his ward number? ? How is he?? Please tell me his ward number! Faster!" I rushed the nurse on duty upon reaching the hospital. 
"Please calm down. Patient Kwon Jiyong's ward number is 0143"
143.. Wow cliche.
 
 
Somehow the hospital seems colder than ever and every one of my footsteps and heartbeat is in sync with the seconds ticking. Cold sweats were forming at my forehead. I am afraid of what awaits me. My hands turned clammy and numb from cold. My lips quivering slightly. What exactly happened to him!?..
 
 
Slowly pushing open the door to his ward, I gasped in shocked in what I saw. Omonim was crying in Abeoji's embrace and Dami unnie comforting her and Jiyong lying on the bed. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I started to process what I saw. Life seems to have been out of his body. He was frail and beyond skinny, having sunken cheeks and those lips.... Those familiar looking lips were now paled, shriveled and dry and he seemed to have blended into those white bed sheets.  What on earth happened to Jiyong?!
 
 
Sensing my presence, he turned around. Exactly at the moment his eyes met mine, my heart broke. My heart felt as though millions of needles were plunged into it shattering it into pieces and to the extend that i really wonder if it will ever heal. Those pain yet brave eyes..He look like a fighter... A fighter who had fought so hard in an endless battle. Which I realized, was one he'll never win. 
 
 
Dami unnie and his parents stood up to allow me to get closer to him.
 
 
" What are you fighting against?" I questioned with tears b up the corner of my eyes. 
 
" Brain tumor. 4th stage. Incurable." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Five words.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But it seems as though it was the toughest thing for him to do now. There were practically no life in those words..Just air...
 Silence filled the room and only his raspy breathing could be heard.
 
 
" I'm sorry." Jiyong finally broke the ear defending silence.
 
" For?"
 
" Everything. I had reasons."
 
" And what was so important that you chose to hurt me instead."
 
" This. You'll be suffering more if you knew."
 
" So you're not planning to tell me? And I wouldn't have known if Dami Unnie had not called me?!!"
 
" Yes." 
 
Realization struck me hard as I stared at him in shocked. I realized that actually I wasn't the one in pain. Jiyong was the one. He was the one fighting against this cruel cancer that was mercilessly attacking his body, draining the life in him. He was the brave one. My actions seems so childish, and my pain was nothing as compared to his. 
 
 
" Did you actually think I was going to be happy without you?? Let me tell you Kwon Jiyong, everyday of my life was like hell. I was incomplete without you. And I have no damn idea how I survived for the past one year without you... Everyday when I'm alone, I'll be thinking of you... Missing you...." with that I broke down into tears. 
 
 
" Please don't cry... I'm not worth it." 
 
" Than who's worth my tears?!!" I screamed in annoyance at how foolish he was. Kwon Jiyong you are my everything. Who else would I shed these tears for? 
 
" Hug me please" as he looked at me with pleading eyes. 
 
 I stood up and sat on the bed as I see him struggling to bring his fragile body up. Putting on a brave smile, I open my arms out to him as I wrap him in my embrace. Carefully holding his body, I was afraid that i might break his bones. My heart ached at the fact of how skinny he was. My arms seem to be able to wrap two rounds around him.
 
Laying his head on my shoulder,  I hummed and gently swayed him to out favourite song '0330' Holding in my tears. I have to smile. For him, I must. 
" Babe, I promise to be healthier in another life. So be my girl alright?..." His words were like whistles of the wind .... Too weak to be heard but enough to send a chill down my spine... I knew what I was afraid was going to happen. 
 
" Just sleep now. Everything will be alright when you wake up."
 
We both knew it was a lie. Something we both hoped will come true. He closed his eyes and rested on my shoulders once again. I knew the pain was slowly attacking him now... I could feel it in his trembling body... His arms tighten around me, suffocating me... But I stayed there .... Joining him in his pain... What he needed most right now... And the least I can do for him...
 
I felt his whole body contracting and slowly his arms dropped to my sides. He left me once again. But I have to be glad as he went somewhere happier, pain-free, where he'll find bliss. I hugged his now lifeless body closer to me as I whispered, " You did well Kwon Jiyong. You fought well. I promise to be your girl in another life. I won't ever let you go again, so don't try to run away from me... you pabo.... Till we meet again..."  As I finally allowed those tears I've been suppressing to fall freely. 
 
He was gone. Never to return again. And once again my heart felt empty, however it was much better than having him by my side. It'll be too selfish to do so. 
 
 
 
I looked up to the sky and said smiling.
 
 "So, Kwon Jiyong, how's life?
 
 
 
 
 
 
.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'll meet you soon
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
very soon.."
 
 
That's all people! Hope you've enjoyed it ><