final

little crushes

 

Byunghun sighs. Working at the café wasn’t as beneficial like Chanhee had said. It was incredibly boring being a barista, especially when no one ever walked in and yelled out, “whip me a caramel macchiato, Joe!” no that never happened and yes, his nickname is Joe. It was usually an old couple and a group of giggly high school girls from a few blocks down that came into the small café. It was a mundane job with the only benefit is that he actually gets money from doing nothing and he learned how to make one of the best americanos ever. He sighs into his cup of steaming hot Americano (his boss had allowed him since there was barely any business at the moment) as a man walks into the store.

“Kill me now,” he mumbles as the man walks up to the counter. It was very obvious that he hadn’t heard the gentle chiming of the door bells.

The man gives Byunghun, who was still looking down into his cup of Americano, who was also still muttering, “kill me now, god this job is boring,” a bewildered expression. He taps on Byunghun’s shoulder and gives him a cheeky smile as the brown-haired boy whips his head up with large eyes.

“Hi, enjoying whatever you were doing?” the man asks, “you looked really silly.”

God his voice sounds nice, Byunghun thought. He takes in the man’s appearance, short brown hair, pretty eyes, very thick lips (looks weird, but who cares, he has a voice of an angel), and was wearing a simple t-shirt with a grey cardigan and some regular skinny jeans. Byunghun scratches the back of his head, “uh yeah.” And then he remembers, he needs to give the typical greeting every time a customer comes in, except he s up real bad.

“Welcome to Angels Café,” he slightly cringes at the name, “you have a nice voi- I mean.” God now he’s panicking, a slight slip of a tongue, but he quickly covers it up, or tries to. “Whatwouldyouliketoday?”

“Excuse me?” the man asks.

“Would what like you today?” He manages to say instead. God he was so nervous, why is he so nervous, he just embarrassingly stumbled on his words. “What would you like today?” he says after much struggle.

The man laughs, “thanks, you’re kinda cute.” , he just called him cute. “I’d like whatever you’re having right now,” he says as he points at the cup in front of the blonde, “americano, right?”

“Uh, yeah.” He quickly writes down the order on a notepad next to him, “that’ll be 3,500 won.”

The man hands him the money and heads over to one of the tables after flashing a quick smile. God that was a cute smile, god he needed to tell Chanhee this. Did he ever mention he was gay? Probably not, but yes, Lee Byunghun is a flaming homoual, but he doesn’t really show it much. Too much work and too much discrimination from everyone to flash a neon sign that says, “hey I’m a flaming homoual.” Did he also tell you that being a flaming homoual isn’t fun? Yeah, it isn’t.

He turns on the machine and begins making the Americano. He’s so going to up so bad with this Americano, so so bad. Thankfully, he doesn’t and walks over to the table where the man sat and places the steaming cup carefully on the table.

“Hope you’ll like it,” Byunghun says quietly.

The man smiles, “thanks, and I’m sure I will.”

Byunghun gives a quick bow and rushes over to the counter. He digs for his phone and begins texting frantically on it.

 

to: chanbutt
from: l.joe
oh my god help meeeeee :((((((((((

to: little.joe
from: chunji
what. you sound like a whiny girl right now

to: chanbutt
from: l.joe
say that to me irl and let’s see how it ends up.

to: little.joe
from: chunji
im so scared, im pissing my pants.

But srsly, whats with that text

to: chanbutt
from: l.joe
ok, so theres this dude and he looks really nice an d he has a nice voice god help me dksjflas;dkas;dlkgsdhghask
i think im in love.

to: little.joe
from: chunji
ok.

to: chanbutt
from: l.joe
just an ok????? an ok???? wow youre an , we’re not friends anymore
chanhee???
chunji bro
dude
where are you
reply back
oh my god i hate you.

 

Another tap on his shoulder. He looks up and there he was, the man that he kind of just got a crush on, not because he looks very attractive, but because he has a really nice voice. Maybe it’s love at first sight? Well, he doubts it.

“That was a great Americano,” the man compliments, “I’ll probably come here more.”

Byunghun can feel his face heat up, “uh thanks.”

“I’m Daniel by the way, nice to meet you,” the man—Daniel—squints at Byunghun’s name tag, “Byunghun.” He walks towards the door and waves his hand, “I’ll see you later, oh and you’re kinda cute.” He opens the door and walks out.

“He just called me cute,” Byunghun says out loud in shock, “I’m so ed.”

He slides down to the ground and covers his face. God he hates his life right now, and maybe his job, but not so much right now because there’s a chance he’ll see his new crush with the very nice voice and big lips and damn that makes him happy. If only Chanhee will reply back because he really needs to tell him about this. If only.