Reminder

I'd rather...

 

Again, I waited in that boring corner. I have changed my sitting position for more than three times now, my hand fiddling the little spoon on my hot cup of tea. I gazed outside the window, looking at happy couples passing by. Funny, i use to think I could be like them. Having Youngbae made it seem even more real. Huh. Yeah, Youngbae. My boyfriend, my very very late. boyfriend. As I thought about what he would say this time, my phone buzzed. Great. It's him.

Let's see what you have to say, Dong Youngbae.

'I have to film a music video with Jiyong. I'm sorry I couldn't make it. See you tonight. :* '

I didn't even bother to reply him and shoved simply shoved my phone into my pocket. I paid for my drink and went back home. Maybe watch some DVDs, probably waiting my off for that GD-wannabe I call my boyfriend to come home.

After inserting my third disc of movie, I checked the time. It's half past eleven and there was still no sign of him. I checked my phone and the screen was only filled with notifications from my games.

I blinked my sore eyes and noted myself that I have to stay awake. I can't allow myself to brush off his mistakes and keep it for some other time when he did it again. Cause lately, Youngbae kept doing it an it's driving me crazy.

Fortunately, halfway through the movie the door clicked. The door moaned as he opened it carefully. I crossed my arms on my chest and pretended to pay more attention on the movie. Youngbae, however,  had already sneaked behind me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"sorry to keep you waiting." Youngbae said with a hint of guilt.

"I thought you've gone to sleep." he continued, seeing that his little act didn't receive any attention.

Youngbae sighed. Honestly I felt guilty. Making him face an immature me when I knew he was tired from his day. But it's gone too far. I don't know how many times I should comfort myself again, with the same lie.

"Youngbae." I said as I stood up and turned off the tv.

"I know. I'm sorry for cancelling our date again. I promise that it will never happen again. I had to film that music video with Jiyong." he apologized.

"I know Youngbae. But. It's not that." I sighed.

"what is it?" he tried to carress my cheek.

"let's break up." I simply said, looking back into his eyes.

"why?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"well, it seems like we don't have any more sparks." I shrugged.

"is this because I forgot what day it is today? Was it our anniversary? Is it your birthday? Wait." he said.

"I'd be surprised if you still remember my birthday. Or if you still love me." i said, covering my face with my palm. Frustrated. I don't like this. Quarreling. Maybe this is why I never want to talk about it. It's stressful.

His silence makes it even worse, not to mention the frown that's scrunching his beautiful face. Youngbae on the same side is very much similar like myself. But he barely looks like himself now. His messed up hair. God. It reminds me of someone else. Yes, Jiyong. Seeing him right now, reminds me of the reason why that ex boyfriend became my ex. But even he doesn't make me look at him ridiculously. I made a decision to throw away that past and right now Youngbae isn't helping at all.

I surrendered at Youngbae's frustrated look and reached for a hug.

"Sorry bae~ i know it's late and you're tired. Let's just act like i never said it before okay." I placed my arms over his neck and pecked his lips.

"No. I'm sorry.. I.. i'm sorry for canceling the date again." He said while gazing into my eyes.

"yeah. I know. Let's get you to bed." I smiled, receiving a gentle kiss from the Youngbae i know. I liked this side of him. Reminds me why I kept myself that promise.

He simply took off his shirt and placed it in the laundry basket nearby, together with the baggy jeans. Leaving him in his own portable pajamas.

"I took a bath there." he assured, seeing the look on my face.

"Guessed that." I realised.

"Hey. I.. remember your birthday, and i still love you okay." Yongbae cupped my face and kissed my forehead as we entered the room to get a good night sleep.