Purple Lilac

Flower's Whisper (discontinued)

 

Purple Lilac✿ 

A faint fragrance of flowers filled up the room, pots of different flowers are fitted into every corner, and bags of flower seeds are neatly stacked away on a shelf. The study table is cluttered with gardening tools, and a few assignments that are long overdue. A girl lay sprawled on the bed next to the table. 

 
The girl stirred awake, her hand knocking a few pens down as she finds support from the table. She pushed herself up, and swung her legs over the side of her bed, stretching and letting out a loud, satisfying yawn. She opened the window, letting the cool spring air in. "Good morning, lovelies," She smiled softly, picking up a watering can that looks like an elephant, and watered every single plant in the crammed room. She got herself dressed and ready for school, before going into the kitchen, to find packed lunch made by her mother and a carton of milk for breakfast. Grabbing those along, she slipped into her sneakers and left for school.
 
She dropped by the garden patch, disposing most of the flowers that had wilted over the winter holiday. She could not help but to feel slightly sorry for the beautiful flowers which used to be in full bloom, now wilted and dead. She let out a small sigh, as she piled all the wilted flowers neatly at a side. "Good morning, Yookyung!" A bubbly girl skipped towards her, each step is full of energy.
 
Yookyung, busy with the flowers, simply nodded at her friend as a reply. "Aren't you excited? It's the first day of school, and we are in a new class, and oh my god—" The petite girl stopped for a moment, hanging open, just to make everything much more dramatic,"We have a new transfer student!" Yookyung raised an eyebrow, totally unimpressed. "I've heard about that," She spoke, finally facing her overly excited friend. "Tsk, you this sneaky girl. You should've told me!" Her friend shook her head, acting as if she was disappointed. "Let's go to class, Yoon Bomi," She took off the muddy gardening gloves, replacing it with her own knitted ones, walking towards their classroom. 
 
"Are you really that uninterested?" Bomi pouted, settling down in the seat next to Yookyung's. The taller girl simply nodded, she then gave her friend a look,"You are going to distract me from studying. Move away." Bomi whined,"You are already distracted by all your flowers below!" She pointed out of the window, which is directly next to Yookyung. "Humph," The quiet girl let out a small grunt, leaving a triumph grin on her friend's face. Her friend continued babbling on — about the new student, who is it, if it is a female or male, and all sorts of things that they could do together and have fun, but Yookyung's mind was fully occupied with the thought of what flowers she should plant for spring. 
 
Soon enough, the teacher entered the class, with a tall and long limbed boy following her. "Good morning everyone, i am sure that we are all excited to start a new year," She said pleasantly,"This year, we have a new addition to our class, and he is Lee Sung Yeol." She smiled widely, gesturing the boy to introduce himself. He spoke, with a rather deep voice, but with a hint of amusement and childishness in it,"Hello, I am Lee Sung Yeol, and I hope that everyone will take good care of me. I will do my best." He flashed a lopsided grin, showing his pink, healthy gums.
 
The teacher nodded, smiling like a proud mother. "Good, good. Now, will you take a seat at the back there, Sungyeol?" She pointed towards the corner, right behind where Yookyung sat. Yookyung let out a small sigh, and looked out of the window. The tall boy took his time to get to his seat, and once he plopped down nicely and comfortably in his seat, he kicked Yookyung's chair, trying to get her attention,"Hello, hello, Miss Front-Seat-Neighbour!" Yookyung return him with a nod, before letting out a small exasperated sigh. She is going to get so distracted in class by this huge monkey looking noisy guy and her best friend next to her.
 
Bomi sat on the grass near the garden patch, gobbling her lunch down. She swallowed down a spoonful of beans, looking over at Yookyung, who is busy scattering seeds, watering them, and putting up new signs that indicate what plants are there. "Aren't you going to eat?" Bomi asked, as she finishes the last bite of her lunch. Yookyung looked up, tilting her head to one side. "Should i eat? I'm not done with these though," She gestured to the garden patch. Bomi shook her head in disapproval, nagging,"You have to eat!" She passed Yookyung's lunch box over, offering,"I can help you with the plants, you know." Yookyung caught the lunch box, before digging in. "No thanks. I wouldn't want a gorilla messing with my flowers," She shook her head, a chuckle escaping her lips. Bomi glared at her, jokingly throwing a fistful of grass at the taller girl. Yookyung simply laughed, and polished off her lunch within minutes. 
 
"Ah, right. What flowers are there this spring?" Bomi stood up, and went over to the bald patch, inspecting the small signs. "Purple lilacs, peonies and heathers. Move away before you step on them or fall on them, Yoon Bomi," Yookyung warned her friend, eyeing her. "I won't—!" Bomi replied, moving closer to the patch, but she tripped on a sign, which she failed to see. Yookyung let out a scream as she saw her friend fall, covering her eyes. She had no idea who should she be more worried for — the plants or her friend? Somehow, her friend stopped herself from falling. There are no complaints about dirty uniforms, or apologies about her plants. She slowly lowered her hands, breathing out a sigh of relief, as she saw Bomi in the arms of the new student. 
 
Yookyung immediately ran over to her friend, grabbing her out of the guy's arms. Bomi snapped out of her shock, and her face immediately brightens into a grateful smile. "Oh my god, thank you so much, i might be murdered by this girl if i actually fell," Bomi laughed, giving Sungyeol a thumbs up. Yookyung's face reddens in embarrassment. How could Bomi just tell a new student out loud about her hobby and making it sound like an obsession instead? She turned around, facing the garden patch, rearranging the sign. Sungyeol chuckled, raising an eyebrow, asking out of curiosity,"What flowers are there?" Bomi grinned and pointed to the patch that Yookyung is picking at,"Purple lilacs." She then tip-toed and whispered to Sungyeol,"That's the only one i can remember anyway." 
 
Sungyeol laughed again, rather entertained. "Gosh, I am kind of an idiot when it come to flowers," He ran a hand through his hair. "I've read that flowers have meanings behind each of them. So what's the meaning of the purple lilacs?" He asked, nudging Yookyung.
 
Yookyung answered him with a small voice, still quite embarrassed,"It means the first emotion of love."
 

✿ a/n: i'm finally back to writing \o/ enjoy! Whatever happened to my chemistry test revision???