Rough Start (chapter 1)

Missing You..

~ 1997~

 

Yuri just came back from her school. As she entered her house she was surprised to see such a big mess. Out of nowhere someone came at Yuri’s back.

 

Yuri’s dad: Ya! Where is your mother?!

Yuri: I don’t know where she is..

Yuri’s dad: you’re not gonna say where she is?!

Yuri: I—I said I don’t know..

 

Yuri’s dad became angry and then she dragged Yuri and put her inside a sack and started beating her up and kept on asking the whereabouts of her mother. Yuri, on the other hand, was crying in pain.

 

Yuri’s dad: so?! Are you gonna say where she is now?!

Yuri: (crying) I real—really don’t know…

Yuri’s dad: Wrong answer! Now where is she?!

 

Yuri’s mother was just outside looking at the window. She was trying to hide from her husband. She really didn’t care about what her husband was doing to her daughter. Yuri’s dad continued beating up Yuri. Yuri’s mom left the scene. Suddenly a police inspector arrived at the Kwon Residence in time. He saw the man beating up a girl in a sack. He asked his men to arrest the man. Yuri’s dad was surprised seeing the police men arresting him. The police inspector checked on the poor girl that was now unconscious.

 

He tried to bring Yuri to the hospital when he saw Yuri’s mom coming.

 

Inspector Kim: Ma’am your dau—

Yuri’s mom: I don’t care..

Inspector Kim: But she’s really in a bad condition..

Yuri’s mom: Want to adopt her? Fine! Keep her I don’t care if I lose a daughter!

Inspector Kim: But Ma’am!

 

Suddenly rain came pouring hard.

 

 

Yuri’s dad was accused guilty for multiple murders. He was put in to jail. Yuri and her mom continued to live their lives without the help of Yuri’s dad.

 

~1998~

 

At Los Osos High School

Taecyeon: Go Khun! You can do it~!

Kyuhyun :( cheering) Nichkhun! Nichkhun!

 

Nichkhun was about to do his jump. Everyone that he knew cheered for him. Nichkhun took one big jump. He was like an angel flying. Nichkhun was successful in making his jump. Everybody even cheered louder.

 

Jessica: Yes! Alright!

Tiffany: Hooray Nichkhun!

 

Nichkhun stood up and he walked toward his friends.

 

Nichkhun :( happily) Did you guys see that?

Nichkhun gave his friends a high five.

 

Siwon: Yeah you were great as usual Khun.

Jessica: So Khun? Are you going to continue with your sports until we go to college?

Nichkhun: I don’t know but I’ll think about it.

 

They we’re all talking to each other when somebody called Nichkhun’ s name

 

Student: Nichkhun! You’re dad is here!

 

Everybody looked at the student that was shouting Nichkhun ’s name

 

Nichkhun: really? Yeah I’ll be there in a minute! (looks at his friends) guys I have to go now! See you later!

 

Taecyeon: Ok see you Khun.

 

Nichkhun left his friends and he began to run back to his dorm room. When he arrived at his dorm he stood at the front door. He fixed his appearance first before he enters; He was so excited to see his dad. When Nichkhun came inside he was disappointed of the person that was standing right by his bed.

 

Nichkhun: (cold tone) Where’s dad?

Mr. Chung: He’s back at Kore—

Nichkhun: (shouting) then what are you doing here?!

Mr. Chung: He just wanted me to check on you and if your studies are doing great.

Nichkhun: How long has it been?

Mr. Chung : what do you mean?

Nichkhun: Me.. How long has it been since I seen dad and mom..

Mr. Chung : 3 years, Sir.

Nichkhun: then I’m coming home this instant.

Mr. Chung: but Nichkhun, Your father had no orders nor gave you permission to come home.

Nichkhun: If I want to come home then I’ll come home! I’ll take care of it ok?

Mr. Chung: Ok..

 

Mr. Chung left Nichkhun’ s dorm room. Nichkhun started to pack his things and already told the principal that he was transferring. His friends were shocked about Nichkhun’s sudden news.

 

Kyuhyun: You’re transferring Khun?!

Nichkhun: yes and I’ll be leaving to Korea tonight.

Taecyeon: (sigh) How’s life in Korea right now? Hmm it’s been a long time since we went there guys.

Jessica: I know.. Well good luck Khun! (smiles)

Nichkhun: Thanks guys I’m going to miss you and hey! Come and visit me every once and a while.

Siwon: Yeah.. Yeah we’ll visit you.

 

The friends said there last farewells to Nichkhun before he leaves to go to Korea.

 

Mr. Chung and Nichkhun left America and were headed to Seoul, South Korea. Nichkhun’s parents were not informed about Nichkhun’s arrival. Nichkhun and Mr. Chung had finally arrived in Seoul.

 

At the Airport..

 

A car stopped by in front of Nichkhun and Mr. Chung. They went in and the driver started the engine and drove away. Nichkhun became very silent during the whole trip. He was not used to living in Korea. Nichkhun just kept on looking at the window. The car drove past a hospital then Nichkhun saw a girl standing at the hospital garden. He was really getting curious about the girl.

 

Meanwhile..

 

Yuri was standing at the hospital garden. She was waiting for her mom. After a few more minutes her mom came out and walked to the direction of Yuri.

 

Yuri’s mom: Your father is dead. He stabbed himself while he was inside jail. Are you happy?

Yuri: can we go home now mom?

Yuri’s mom: Home? Let’s celebrate! That bastard is now out of our lives forever!

Yuri: Please?

Yuri: tell me Yuri.. do you ever want your father to come back to us?

Yuri: I can’t take it if he comes back to us .. he’s dead now..

Yuri’s mom: (shouting) See? Your own daughter doesn’t even want you to come back.. Because of the things that you do.. we never want to see you again!

Yuri: mom let’s go home now..

Yuri’s mom: No! we’re celebrating..

 

Yuri’s mom dragged Yuri to a small restaurant. She ordered a lot of bottles of So-Ju.

Yuri just looked at her mom while she was drinking until her mom fell asleep. She carried her mom back to their house. Yuri wasn’t still sleepy so she decided to go to the park’s playground. She sat on one the swings and was just thinking about her mom.

 

 

Nichkhun’s house

 

The car that Nichkhun and Mr. Chung rode stopped in front of the house. Both of them went inside but no one was there until a lady came down by the stairs.

 

Sooyoung: Oppa! What are you doing here? Wow! I’m so happy to see you!

 

Sooyoung came running to Nichkhun and hugged him tight.

 

Nichkhun: Soo! Not that tight .. I can’t breathe!

Sooyoung: (lets go of Nichkhun) Oh~ sorry Oppa.. I just missed you so much.

Nichkhun: I miss you too now where is m—

 

Before Nichkhun could finish what he was saying somebody entered the living room and was looking for Sooyoung.

 

Mrs. Horvejkul: Sooyoung  where are you and who are you talking to—Oh~ Nichkhun?! What are you doing here?!

 

Nichkhun: I came home mom and nice to see you (walks up to his mom and kisses her cheeks)

Mrs. Horvejkul : (kisses Nichkhun’s cheeks) son if your father finds out that you left your studies in America he—

Nichkhun: I’m transferring here.. and I want to see you guys. I miss my family so badly.

Sooyoung: Miss you too oppa!

Nichkhun: So where is dad?

Mrs. Horvejkul: He’s at a meeting. He’ll be back tomorrow.

Nichkhun: Oh~ ok..

Mrs. Horvejkul: It’s getting late now. Sooyoung you still have school tomorrow and Nichkhun I’ll handle everything for your transferring in school now everybody go to your rooms now.

Sooyoung & Nichkhun: Yes mom.

 

All of them were in their rooms. Nichkhun wasn’t able to go to sleep so he decided to go outside and take a night walk.

 

While he was walking he passed by at a playground in the park. He saw a girl sitting by the swing then he recognized the girl. It was the one he saw at the hospital garden. He started to walked closer to the girl at the swing.

 

Then..