Eric’s Bad News

Shinhwa: The Love Stories

 

 

February 26, 2010 Friday

 

"So that wraps up today’s meeting. We'll meet again next month for further updates. Great job, you guys!" Eric then stood up and gave a round of applause to everyone.

 

"Who's up for drinks? First round's on me!" Junjin announced while taking off his suit jacket and getting ready to leave.

 

"I have some paperwork to finish but I'll be right down in a few minutes." Minwoo replied as he waved goodbye and filed out of the conference room ahead of the rest.

 

"I have to talk to Andy about something important. Meet you guys downstairs later?"

 

"Okay, Eric! But don't take too long." Hyesung imparted as he grabbed his things and followed both Junjin and Dongwan out the door.

 

Andy momentarily stood up from his chair to stretch before sitting back down next to his hyung who looked a bit too serious for his liking.

 

"What's up, E-CEO?" He joked trying to lighten up the suddenly tense atmosphere.

 

"Andy-ah... I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news but... Your mom called me up this afternoon."

 

"Umma? What did she say, hyung? Is she alright?"

 

"Aunty's fine... But I don't think you will be once you hear the reason why she called."

 

"She's finally marrying me off, isn't she?"

 

"Yeah… And she wants me to convince you to accept without any arguments."

 

The maknae released a helpless sigh, "It's not as if I can do anything about it now. So, when is the big day going to be?"

 

"In two week's time."

 

Andy could only hang his head in reply, what else was there to say?

 

Both men sat inside the conference room for a few more minutes in utter silence before the younger man jumped up from his seat and declared, "Come on… Let's go and get pissed drunk downstairs, hyung!"

 

***

 

"So, who will you be marrying?" Junjin wanted to know the minute the rest of the guys were informed of the situation.

 

"I don't know! Hyung, do you know who she is?" Andy asked Eric, who seemed more in the know than he is at the moment.

 

"Aniya, Aunty didn't tell me."

 

"Maybe she doesn't want Andy to search for his bride on the internet 'coz he might change his mind when he finds out who she really is!" Dongwan assumed rather suspiciously.

 

"Could it be possible that she's someone you already know?" Hyesung's idea suddenly made all the other guys wrinkle their foreheads in contemplation.

 

"Does your mom even know any of our female friends? Or does she maybe often talk to you about a certain girl you know?" Minwoo suggested.

 

"Uh no, not really, hyung."

 

"I'm sure it's someone whose parents are close friends with your mom. I don't think Aunty's going to marry you off to just any random girl."

 

"I agree with Eric-hyung." Junjin then patted Andy on his back. "Well, who would've thought our maknae's gonna get hitched first out of all of us, huh?"

 

*****