Complete

Baby Story

 

:D
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyungsoo’s POV 
 
21 weeks
 
“I am getting so big,” I pouted at the mirror. My own T-shirts and jeans no longer fit me. I had taken to wearing sweat pants and Jongin’s shirts now. But his loose shirts were starting to fit snugly around my waist as well. By now, my belly resembled a medium sized ball. But Jongin always begged to differ; he would say that it was the size of a tennis ball.
 
What a liar. But it did make me feel slightly better.
 
No stretch marks, yet. Thankfully.
 
It was sort of my adjustment period now. I still hadn’t gotten used to having a belly that I was opening the refrigerator door or the cabinet right into my belly because I hadn’t been adjusted to how big it had gotten. And I could get 'stuck' when squeezing through small spaces that hadn’t been any problem previously.
 
Besides the ever growing belly, the pregnancy brain had begun to set in. Somehow I keep forgetting things or do things wrongly because I wasn’t thinking clearly.
 
There was this one time when I was preparing dinner. That night we were having oven-baked chicken fillets. After seasoning the chicken, I placed them in the oven. And then I completely forgot about them, only to remember two hours later when the members started complaining that they were hungry. Turned out I didn’t even turned up the oven in the first place. Takeout dinner that night.
 
There were also times when I walked to the kitchen to grab something, only to stand in front of the fridge for ten minutes because I couldn’t remember what I wanted to get.
 
Some of these ‘pregnancy brain’ incidents were more serious than the rest.
 
One morning, I knew I had to accomplish at least one load of laundry, as I was out of sweat pants to wear. Jongin was still sleeping after a late night movie marathon in our living room with Sehun. So I put together one load of my most important clothing, started the washer and threw the kitchen trash out to the recycling bins just before the trash man stopped in front of our apartment. Ninety minutes later I went to take out the laundry to hang them dry only to find my entire load of kitchen trash clogging the washer tub with food, mushy paper and all that disgusting stuff.
 
Needless to say, I just broke down into tears – no sweat pants and a broken washing machine!
Poor Jongin woke up to my cries and rushed out of bed, totally disheveled. He found me sitting on the floor bawling my eyes out and was nice enough to head out to get more sweat pants for me. The company kindly replaced the washing machine about a week later.
 
 
What is this pregnancy doing to me?
 
 
 
Sighs…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jongin’s POV
 
23 weeks
 
“Ding dong.”
 
Who could it be?
 
We were all sitting at the dining table having our supper. All six of us. If it was not one of us, who could it be? It was weird because we seldom had visitors this late. Even our managers seldom come over at this timing.
 
Chanyeol raced to the door while the rest of us followed closely behind, all curious about our late night visitor. We heard him gasp upon opening the door and we rushed to peek over his shoulders to see who it was.
 
 
 
More sudden inhalation of breaths and stunned looks.
 
 
 
 
Followed by squeals and screams.
 
And then hugs and high fives.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“SURPRISE!”
 
 
 
 
There they were, at our doorstep, grinning from ear to ear.
 
All six of them.
 
 
 
 
EXO M WERE BACK!
 
Suho and Yixing immediately embraced; Sehun jumped straight into Luhan’s waiting arms and started crying like a little girl; Baekhyun and Chanyeol started jumping around in circles with Chen and Xiumin; Kris and Tao were trying their best to move the members’ luggage into the house amidst the huge excitement and commotion going on around them.
 
Soon, the initial hype about all twelve of us being together again was replaced by the excitement to finally see Kyungie’s belly. They crowded around him and started firing away.
 
“Kyungieeeee! You are glowing and so radiant!” “Let us see your belly!!” “Can I feel the babies move?” “Hi babies!” “Let’s go to the bedroom so Kyungie can lie down and show us his belly!”
 
To my horror, the ten of them started cheering and lifting Kyungie up.
 
What were they thinking?!
 
“Hey hey hey! Be careful! YAAA!! Put him DOWN!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyungsoo’s POV
 
It felt nice to have all twelve of us together again. We went through so much as a group that it was hard not to feel incomplete when it was just the six of us. It felt glad and heartening to know that all the members were so accepting of my pregnancy and the way they were so excited about the twins were just adorable and heartwarming. That night, all of us stayed up all night just to talk and chat. And to have a surprise baby shower.
 
It was completely unexpected. Jongin and I had not expected anything from the members except hoping that they would be actively involved in the twins’ lives. Who knew that they would buy baby gifts for us?
 
Xiumin and Chen bought us a beautiful diaper bag with two whole boxes of diapers (“You’ll be needing a lot of these!”)
 
Kris and Tao bought us two brand new baby bouncers for the babies.
 
Suho and Yixing had collaborated to buy an automated machine that would rock the baby to sleep and some baby lotions that the twins would need when they were finally born.
 
Luhan and Sehun gave us a luggage full of baby clothes and soft toys.
 
Looking at all the gifts spread out in front of me, I couldn’t help but cry.
 
Damn hormones.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jongin’s POV
 
Later that night, in the bedroom
 
After the surprise baby shower, we were so tired that we practically crawled into our beds. Lying on the bed, I tightened my arms around Kyungie. He turned around to face me, his small belly resting between us. He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me close for a kiss.
 
“Good night. I love you.”
 
“I love you too.”
 
Hearing Kyungie say those three simple words made my heart swell. It was not the first time he said it; neither would it be the last. Yet each time he said those three words, I felt just as euphoric as the last time, if not more.
 
All my life I felt that I had to earn the right to be loved. Family was bounded by blood so that hardly counted. In school, you had to be popular to be “loved”. And that popularity had to be earned. As an idol, I got ‘I love you’s from fans on a daily basis. From the fans whom I “earned” through my trainee days and the tough schedule as an idol.
 
But, in my relationship with Kyungie, I realised that true love was unconditional. If you loved somebody, they don’t have to earn it. I didn’t have to earn Kyungie’s love. No, I knew that he would love me no matter what I did. No matter how I would look like twenty, thirty years down the road. No matter what mistakes I made. No matter what happens.
 
But the right to tell someone that you love them? THAT had to be earned. It was a privilege to be able to say “I love you” to that special someone. A privilege that had to be earned. You had to earn the right to be believed.  So I will try my hardest to earn that right. To be the best person I can be for him.
 
To do right by him.
 
Watching him fall asleep in my arms made me grateful and contented. I didn’t know what I did to deserve a love like this but I must be doing something right.
 
 
 
 
Suddenly, I knew what I had to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I'M DONE WITH MY EXAMS! FOR LIFE! I'm graduating from my university~~~ (provided I pass my exams ><) I'm typing on my phone so I'm not sure about the formatting. 
 
Thanks for subbing! And commenting!