A Miracle

Baby Story

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

At the doctor’s office

“You’re pregnant.”

What? How is it even possible? I’ve never even had with a female. Wait. I’m NOT even a female! The only person I’ve ever been with was…

…….

…..

 

 

 

 

Jongin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

In the dormitory

Hot water flowed down my body, soothing my tired muscles from the strenuous dance practice.

The dance practice with one member missing.

Kyungie hyung was not feeling well and Manager Hyung took him to the doctors. I wanted to go with them but I was stuck at the dance practice. On hindsight, I should have been adamant about going with them. I was so worried for Kyungie hyung that my concentration frequently wandered throughout the dance practice. That certainly earned me a whole mouthful of swear words and scolding from our dance instructor. I wondered how he was doing. How could I not? Was he feeling better? What did the doctor say? I was so worried this morning when I found him puking his guts out in the toilet this morning.

Standing in the shower, I smiled at the directions of my thoughts. Funny how Kyungie hyung so quickly became the most important person in my life. My heart could just burst with happiness every time I saw him smile or laugh. And oh my feels when I knew that those smiles and laughter were because of me. Ah this hyung. I loved making him happy because the joy I got in return is just out of the world. And I hated seeing him sad or angry.  Something about him that just made me so protective of him. If I could, I’d shield him from all the ugliness and evil in the world.

I looked up at the shower head and suddenly, what happened in this very bathroom came flooding back into my mind. Blushing at the thought, I quickly got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. It was the day when all the other four members of EXO-K were at the Idol Star Olympics. It was just the two of us in the dormitory and let’s just say we crossed some boundaries. I had been nursing a crush on him for the longest time and that day, I was almost certain he felt the same way about me. That gave me the courage to fess up and one thing led to the other. And we ended up having hot, passionate in the shower. There, I’ve said it. Ever since that fateful day, I fell ever so deeply in love with Kyungie hyung.

Throwing on some clean clothes, I reached for my phone. Hmmm… No messages from hyung. I wondered what was going on but I was determined to avoid being such a clingy boyfriend so I threw my phone aside and laid back down on the bed. Staring at the wall clock, my concern grew larger and larger as the minute hand moved ever so slowly. What was taking them so long?! It took all but five minutes before my patience caved. I shoot up from the bed, grabbed my phone and dialed his number (somehow his number was so easy to memorise). His phone was turned off?! What in the world?! Panic started to cloud my mind. I quickly scanned through my contacts and called Manager Hyung.

“Hello?” Thank goodness.

“Hyung! How is he? Why is his phone turned off? What is it? Is it something serious? Why aren’t you guys back yet?..”

“Jongin. Take a deep  breath. Kyungsoo is in the middle of a scan at the moment so his phone is turned off.”

“SCAN?! What is it, Hyung?? You can tell me. I can take it. I’m sitting down… “

“Um… I’ll let Kyungsoo tell you himself. I don’t think I’m in the position to say anything.”

“WHAT?! Is it cancer?!?!! Please tell me it’s not!!! Please, Hyung!!”

“What? Cancer? No! Of course not! Gosh, Jongin. Look, I’ve got to go. Talk to you later”

“Thank goo... Hyung? Hello? Aish this hyung. Hanging up on me like that…”

Argh.

I stood up from the bed and started pacing up and down the room. The suspense was killing me so bad. Hyung didn’t sound very anxious, more like resigned and tired. So it couldn’t be so bad right? Right? RIGHT?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the van, on the way home

What was I going to do? How was I going to tell Jongin? What would his reactions be? Shocked? Disgusted?

Hot tears streamed down my face and I quickly rubbed them away. I bit down on my lips as I stared at the ultrasound. The black and white fuzzy picture stared back at me. How did this happen?

“Kyungsoo, I’m afraid I do not fully comprehend the situation at hand so I’m going to transfer you to a gynaecologist who will be more suitable to handle your situation.”

That was what the official SM doctor told me. Thankfully, the gynaecologist that we were referred to was a nice sweet fifty year old lady which made the situation a lot better.

“According to my calculations and the ultrasound, you are two months pregnant. That explains the symptoms that you have been experiencing. Morning sickness, I’m sure you’ve heard of it before? Ok. As of now, you’ll have two options. One is to keep the baby and another would be an abortion.”

“A…ab…abortion?”

“Don’t worry. I’ll give you some time to think about it and discuss it with your partner. In the meantime, I’ll have you take some pre-natal medication and this is a list of food you should avoid having. Do you have any questions for me?”

“Um…no…”

“Ok. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call, alright? Your next appointment will be in two weeks. I’ll see you then”

I smiled despite my tears when I recalled my conversation with the gynaecologist. Something about her gentle tone and ever-present smile felt so comforting. She felt like she would become a mother figure to me, one whom I could approach whenever I encounter any problems with this pregnancy. And her parting words just before I left her office…

“Kyungsoo. Your secret will be safe with me.”

At least that was one less worry to worry about. That brought me to the topic of fans. What would they say if they knew? My reputation as an idol would definitely be tarnished. The years of training I went through to get to this point would just go down the drain. This would definitely affect all the EXO members’ reputation as well. Would this cause the whole group to go down as well?

But abortion? I could not even bring myself to consider it as an option. This was another life, a person, a human being.

A miracle.