Yes, I like you.

Do I need to say it?

 

Jinki sighed. He was sitting in their dorm's living room and he felt like . Those constant sighs soon turned into deep, intense deep breaths. Still, he glanced to the right every few seconds, knowing all too well just what he would see. For almost an hour, Key and Jonghyun had been in the kitchen flirting and laughing and being happy and straight up pissing Jinki off. He had no idea why this was happening either...he just knew he wanted to be in Key's position more than anything at that moment.

 

Yes he was jealous. Who wouldn't be when the guy they were pretty sure they loved was always with some other guy, giving him the attention that Jinki longed for. He knew Jjong liked Key more...he wasn't sure of everything they'd done together, but he knew there was something there. Something he and Jjong would probably never have. He inhaled deeply and winced a bit at the sound of Key's shrill laugh. Betraying his own conscience, Jinki looked over at them yet again. Jjong had wrapped his arms around Key's waste and nestled his face against Key's shoulders. Key was supposed to be cooking but Jonghyun just had to be the one to distract him with his touch and his charm. Jinki wanted more than ever to get up and push Jjong away. To tell him off.

Who the hell was he to lead him on like that? To give him all of those feelings in the beginning, to laugh with him, flirt with him, be there for him when no one else was, only to turn and give all of that attention to Key.

Jinki ran his fingers through his hair nervously, trying to calm down. He was rarely this hung up about anything really, but this was his heart, and judging by Key's constant giggles and squeals, Jjong was still walking all over it.

“Oh stop it, I'm trying to cook silly,” Key said while giggling in his high voice, and normally Jinki didn't think much of it, but now it only infuriated him more. Not wanting to disturb their banter, Jinki got up and walked out of the apartment in silence, trying to draw the least amount of attention as possible. He wanted to be alone, because he was pretty sure he was going to cry, and he was not doing that in front of them.

He found an area on the stairs down the hall from their dorm and sat with his back rested against the wall. He could feel tears swelling his eyes, reminding him of how emotional Jonghyun made him. He hated it. He hated that he cared this much and he hated that Jonghyun didn't. He let his head sit in his hands and he sobbed as low as he could.

When he felt someone's finger tips tapping against his shoulder, he looked up slowly, sniffling as he wiped his eyes. He gasped lightly when he recognized the person's slightly messy dark hair and black wifebeater. He looked amazing in it, but Jinki forced himself to ignore that as he turned away from Jjong. This was the last thing he'd wanted yet Jonghyun just had to make it happen.

“You should go back...” Jinki uttered nervously, pretending to pay attention to a step behind him. He heard Jonghyun inhale sharply before he turned his face to his own and Jinki had to admit, the feel of Jjong's hands on his own skin was nice, even if it was brief. He liked the way Jonghyun took control in that moment. Still, he was only making himself feel worse, all those things he loved were pretty much only for Key at this point...

“Yah! Jinki, did you even hear me?” No. No he didn't. He was too busy thinking of everything he liked about him and Jjong must have had no idea. Jinki just let his eyes flutter closed.

“Yea, I just...spaced out is all,” he said, lazily hoping that Jjong wouldn't notice his puffy eyes and flushed lips. Jonghyun pouted slightly and sat next to him,

“Ok...well I saw you leave, was something wrong?” he asked him, attempting to look him in the eyes but failing because Jinki looked away. He didn't like Jonghyun being so close to him when he was this pissed, so he still insisted on focusing on something, anything but Jjong's eyes. He knew if he looked into those beautiful orbs, he would melt and spill everything he'd worked so hard to hold in. Worse than that, Jonghyun would then know how Jinki felt, and he just knew he'd reject him. He could feel it as he remembered how happy he looked next to Key. He willed himself not to break down yet again.

“Eh, I've been better, but it'll be ok,” Jinki said with a weak smile. As mad at Jjong as he was, he couldn't let Jonghyun feel bad for his feelings. It wasn't Jonghyun's fault that Jinki grew a little too attached, that he let his heart care a little too much for the younger man. Still, just thinking this showed Jinki just how much he still cared for Jonghyun. He gave up; he loved him too much at this point.

Jonghyun put his arm around Jinki's shoulders and he couldn't help but tense up at the familiar feeling. It reminded Jinki of how he and Jjong used to be, when they would talk about anything for hours and Jinki would always leave feeling better for one reason or another.

“What will be ok? Did someone do something to you Jinki? I swear if -

“I said it's fine,” Jinki murmured, looking downward and feeling worse because he'd rather lie to the man he loved than just confess.

“Yah! It didn't look fine back there. If you tell me what's wrong, I can make at least make it better...or try. Just talk to me,” Jonghyun pleaded, lightly grasping Jinki's shoulder. Jinki took a deep breath, why did Jonghyun need to be so close? It gave Jinki urges that he knew he shouldn't have been having. Jinki turned to face on his own for the first time.

“Can't you just leave it alone? It's none of your business anyways...” Jinki said bluntly and Jonghyun felt a pang of hurt course through him. Did Jinki need to be so harsh about it? Jonghyun made a face and removed his arm from Jinki, sitting a little farther from him. He fidgeted with his fingers and inhaled. Jinki just rolled his eyes and got up, deciding he would go further upstairs to get away from Jjong. He was close to spilling everything to him and he just couldn't do that. Not yet.

When Jinki was four steps above him, Jjong put a single finger in the air,

“I called it,” he said proudly, yet still with some hurt lingering. Jinki stopped and looked down at him with his eyebrows furrowed.

“Called what?”

“What's wrong. With you, that is,” Jjong said in the same sort of proud sort of hurt tone as before. When Jinki remained silent, Jonghyun stood up and looked at him, catching his eyes before Jinki could look away. He was stuck staring at him as Jonghyun spoke,

“You know...Key and I really tried to figure it out. When you left, we just stared at the door, thinking of what could possibly be wrong. While Key didn't know, I did. So I followed you, hoping to talk to you, comfort you, be by your side, something, just because I knew how you were feeling and I knew it was because of me,” Jjong said calmly.

Jinki began to take quicker breaths and his hands made their way in and out of pockets constantly. He tried to convince himself that Jonghyun really didn't know. That maybe Jjong was bluffing or something because he was not ready for Jjong to know all of this, he knew he would just scare him away even more if he knew.

“Just stop it, ok,” Jinki said as he turned to walk further up the stares again, but he was forced to stop when he felt Jonghyun's hands grabbing his. He pulled away weakly, but he knew Jjong's grip would hold strong.

“Can't you just drop it?” Jinki pleaded. Jonghyun pursed his lips and kept his glare steady.

“I would just drop it if I didn't like you just as much as you like me,” Jonghyun said quickly, that initial confidence faltering a little. Jinki squinted his eyes at the younger man and watched as Jonghyun's gaze made it's way to the floor.

“What did you say?” he asked breathlessly, as if he hadn't heard correctly. Jonghyun let go of his hand and put his own in his pockets. With a deep breath, he said,

“I said that I like you. And I know that you like me, which is why you were mad. Just know that there's nothing between Key and I...he wants there to be something, sure, but that's it. For me, I've just had my eye on one person,” he said nervously. Jonghyun walked further down the stares hoping that Jinki would follow him; he didn't like the feeling of Jinki being even more tall than he already was over him, and it made all of this even more awkward to say. When Jinki was in front of him, Jonghyun smiled weakly attempting to lessen the tension,

“So...thoughts?”

“Well, that depends, who are your eyes on?” Jinki asked, his voice becoming slightly lower. Jonghyun just slapped his shoulder lightly,

“Babo...” with that he leaned in and closed the space between his lips and Jinki's.