Meeting a Vampire

Enchanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hyung!”

The night club was packed and noisy, but even with the earsplitting sound of music filling the air and the loud cheering around me; I could still hear Ryeowook’s voice, clear as day. I let out a groan as I approached him, who was waving his hand a little too excitedly at me. I wouldn’t even bother to come out if it wasn’t because of Ryeowook’s pitiful plea of mercy.

“Where the hell is that stupid ?” I asked, getting even more annoyed when I was pushed by the crowd.

Ryeowook’s face cracked into an apologetic grin as he pointed at the bar counter where a familiar figure was sitting at. He was obviously drunk, and I had no clue why I was always the one who had to clean up his mess. He was none other than my y, stuck up cousin, Kim Heechul. I motioned for Ryeowook to follow me and he did, unwillingly of course, since Heechul was always in a bad mood whenever he was drunk. What a troublesome idiot.

“Hey, get up, we’re going home,” I nudged Heechul, who seemed to be lost in his own world. He turned to look at me, narrowing his eyes for a second before flashing a smile.

“Oh, look, my sweet little Hyukjae is here!”

I rolled my eyes when he lunged at me, hugging me so tight that I was sure he could’ve ended up breaking my bones. “Get off me, hyung. You’re drunk, let’s go home. You’ll get into trouble if grandpa finds out.”

“Come on, Hyuk-ah, life is all about having fun. What’s the use of living when you can’t even enjoy your own life?”

There he goes again… I thought, shaking my head lightly. Though, I had to admit that my grandfather was strict in educating us. Fairies and vampires rarely bumped into each other, it was like we were living in a totally different world.

Grandpa had always disliked the vampires. And I didn’t even know what the reason was. He would always remind us not to cross path with the vampires. And later I found out, that the vampires had some kind of strange ‘admiration’ towards us fairies. Befriending those dark creatures were a taboo in our race, and so, I had to try hard not to let my curiosity take over me.

“Hyukkie!” Heechul yelled at me, patting my cheeks not too gently. “Are you even listening to me?”

“Aish, this guy is hopeless,” I sighed. “Wook-ah, there’s a cab waiting outside. Bring him out and go home, I need to pay for his drinks first.”

“What about you, hyung?”

“I’ll just take another cab.”

Ryeowook gave me a worried look, and I knew exactly what he was thinking. Even though this town was practically ‘owned’ by fairies, some vampires would sometime lurk around here after midnight. “You don’t have to worry about me,” I smiled and reached out, ruffling his messy brown hair. “I’ll be fine.”

Ryeowook hesitantly nodded and dragged Heechul away, sometimes glancing at me with that worried face of his. I shook my head when I saw him having a hard time handling Heechul who was struggling to get away. Taking out my wallet, I took an amount of money and put it on the counter, without even looking at the bartender.

“Keep the change,” I said.

I sighed once again as I looked at the crowd around me. It’d take me almost 10 minutes just to get out of this place. I finally decided to walk through the back entrance, since I kept getting pushed every time I tried to move.

“These damn humans,” I cursed under my breath. I didn’t hate them, but their ignorance sometimes would piss me off.

I was about to reach the back entrance when suddenly I saw a man sitting on a metal box, with a bottle of vodka in his hand. But what caught my attention was the blood dripping down his left arm. He’s injured, I thought. I wasn’t really someone who’d talk to a stranger, but I could never disregard an injured person. After all, I was born with the ability to heal people.

Taking in a breath, I walked up to him and bent down a little, trying to take a look at his face. “Umm…excuse me? Are you alright? You’re bleeding.”

After what felt like a long silence, the man finally lifted his head up and our gazes met. Upon seeing a pair of golden eyes before me, my eyes widened. Oh , I thought, it’s a vampire!

“Well, what do we have here?” the man smirked as he slowly stood up, grabbing my wrist before I could run. “It’s the legendary fairy.”

“Let go of me,” I said, gritting my teeth. I tried to yank my hand back, but it was obvious that he was way stronger than me.

“I will, if you’re willing to entertain me.”

“What? Don’t make me laugh, you filthy vampire!”

“I’m very clean, for your information,” the vampire chuckled. “So, your name is Lee Hyukjae, isn’t it?”

I gasped. Did he just read my mind? I was struggling to get away from him, but he didn’t even budge from where he was standing. As expected of a pure blood vampire, they were extremely powerful, just like the history had described. I bit my lower lip as hard as I could when he suddenly leaned closer to me, too close for my liking.

“I’m Lee Donghae,” he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine, “Remember my name, little fairy.”

Before I could even process what was happening, there was a sudden gust of wind blowing, and then he disappeared completely. I blinked my eyes and looked around, but he was no longer there. I was still in a state of confusion, but there was one thing that I knew. This sudden meeting with a vampire wouldn’t be the last time to happen, I was sure of it.

_________________________________

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter