Taking Care of the Little Ones

Taking Care of The Little Ones

 

This is a birthday fic for Becca who sails the Himjae ship with me ;;;; I hope this doesn't althought it is. Have a nice birthday~ I love youhhhh!

 

-------

 

The doorbell rang for several times now but no one actually cared to open the door. Himchan groaned and covered himself with his comfortable thick blanket. “Himchan, the door.” Youngjae too covered himself with his shared blanket with Himchan. “Mhmm..” Came the reply from Himchan as he turned his back at Youngjae. The doorbell rang for several times again and this time Youngjae kicked Himchan on his and to the ground he fell with a thud sound. “What was that for?!” Himchan groaned from the ground. “The door.” Youngjae mumbled through the thick fabric of blanket. Himchan sighed as he got up from the cold floor and headed to the door.

“I swear I’ll chop off whoever’s head out there for ringing the bell so freaking early in the morning.” Himchan cursed under his breathe. He rubbed his hands at the wall in searching for the switch to switch on the lights but he accidentally knocked off the photo frame on the wall and it shattered all over the floor. !

“Himchan!!” Youngjae yelled from the bedroom. “Nothing! It’s nothing!” Himchan cursed again as he fully opened his eyes and switched on the lights. “I am so dead.” Himchan stared in horror as he saw the shattered pieces on the floor was one of Youngjae’s favorite photos of a waterfall. The doorbell started to ring again and seriously Himchan felt like killing every single living thing. He looked at the door and back to the shattered photo and back at the door. He rushed to the door and opened it. “Seriously if I-” Himchan stopped as he saw two very familiar little boys stood in front of his condo with two hand luggage on each side of the boys. “Wha..how..” Himchan was speechless to be honest.

Himchan stared at the two little friends who were blinking cutely at him. “Uncle Himchan, this.” Jongup handed out a small letter towards Himchan who hesitantly took it from Jongup.

Dear bested friend ever in the whole universe,

                Channie, I’ve known you since we were in elementary school and we’ve been friends for so long now and I cherish our friendship so much and  believe you too cherish what we have now right? So can you please take care of my brothers for me for a week? I have some urgent stuffs that have to be taken care of, so please? Thank you I promise they won’t bring any troubles to you and Youngjae. Take this as a practice to build a real family with Youngjae hehe I love you Channie, thank you!!!

Love,
the one and only Bang Yongguk

“A week? A week?! One freaking week?! Seven days?! Hah!” Himchan crumpled the letter and sighed.

“Were you the one ringing the doorbell, Jongup-ah?” Little Jongup shook his head “Yongguk hyung did.” “And where is Yongguk hyung?” “He left.” Jongup replied as he tightens his hold on his younger brother’s hand. Himchan sighed as he opened the door wider so the boys can come into the warm condo. He took the hand luggage and locked the door behind him. A loud cry from Junhong woke Youngjae up and a panic Himchan ran towards the boys. “Uncle Himchan, glasses.” Junhong cried as he saw the blood running out under his feet and the pain he felt. “Oh my God, Junhongie are you okay? Jongup-ah you stay where you are, don’t move. Youngjae-ah!!” There were too many things in Himchan’s mind that he just didn’t know what to do. He got so panicked and Jongup was about to cry because Junhong was crying and he quickly carried Junhong in his arms. “Shh it’s okay Junhonggie shh.” Youngjae came out from the bedroom dumbfounded. His wanted to say something, just something but nothing came out. Himchan looked at him pleadingly, he too in the edge of crying. “Please, I don’t know what to do.”

Youngjae let out a long deep sigh as he asked Himchan to bring Junhong to him. He sat Junhong on the couch with Youngjae and quickly ran into the bathroom for the first aid kit. Little Junhong sobbed as Youngjae carefully treated his wound while Himchan and little Jongup sat on the floor quietly. “There you go.” Youngjae smiled and patted Junhong’s head. “It won’t hurt anymore.” Junhong looked up at Youngjae and nodded while wiping the tears on his face with the back of his hands. Youngjae turned to Himchan and demanded for an explanation. “Care to explain this whole thing?” Youngjae folded his arms in front of his chest. “Yongguk wants me uhm well us to take care of these two kiddos for a week.” “Please say that you’re kidding, please please please.” Youngjae closed his eyes tightly and prayed deeply. “No, I’m serious.” Youngjae face palmed as he heard the answer coming out from Himchan’s mouth.

“By the way Youngjae.” Himchan smile innocently and Youngjae could already smell something fishy. “What did you do now?” Youngjae gave his infamous death glare as Himchan let out an awkward laugh. “I accidentally err broke your photo frame he.he.he. PleaseI’msorryIdidn’tmeanitatallbelieveme!” Himchan clapped his hands together and begged. Youngjae turned his head very quickly that the two little boys in the room thought that their uncle Youngjae just twisted his neck. “Nononono! Kim Himchan!!” Himchan hid behind the small build Jongup and the innocent boy just blinked his eyes and smiled. Junhong who was watching the scene was smiling as well as if they all enjoyed watching Youngjae literally headlock Himchan.

“Are you still mad? Youngjae-ah?” Himchan basically followed Youngjae like he was his shadow all morning begging for forgiveness. “Jonguppie do you want some more?” Youngjae ignored the begging big baby and asked if the small adorable Jongup wanted some more of the cereal. A small nod and Youngjae smiled widely and poured some more into his bowl. “You’re a growing baby, so you have to eat a lot.” Youngjae smiled warmly and sat in front of the little kid and watched him ate. Himchan pouted and pulled the chair next to Youngjae. “Aww baby are you still mad at me?” Youngjae’s smile disappeared once he turned to face his guilty boyfriend. “Isn’t it obvious enough that I’m ignoring you which means I’m still mad at you.” Himchan pouted even more as Youngjae continued. “I’ll take leave tomorrow to look after them so you take your leave today.” Himchan could only nod and obey.

Himchan was calling his office and Youngjae was preparing to go to work while the kids were watching Teletubbies on TV. Himchan walked Youngjae to the front door and watched the younger wore his shoes. “Take them out or something then make sure to cook them some food and please don’t burn my kitchen or I’ll burn you alive.” Youngjae said while dusting off his pants. Himchan pouted even more but nodded nonetheless.

So that’s the first day of the torturous week for Himchan and Youngjae.

“So, what are we going to do today?” He asked while having Junhong sitting on his laps. “Uncle Himchan, Teletubbies.” Jongup pointed at the TV. “So you want to watch Teletubbies? Nothing else?” Jongup shook his head and continued watching. Himchan retreated to his room with little Junhong in his arms. He laid the baby boy on the bed and searched for the luggage to change Junhong’s diapers. While he was digging in the bag he suddenly remembered “, I don’t know how to change diapers.” Junhong was starting to cry because he felt uncomfortable and Himchan started to get panic all over again. . “Jongup-ah!” Came Jongup from the living room to the bedroom. He stared up at the panic old man holding a baby powder and a diaper on his other hand. “Do you know how to change Junhong?” Jongup blinked and blinked and blinked over and over again. “Of course you don’t.” Himchan got so panicked he quickly grabbed his phone on the nightstand and dialed Youngjae’s number.

“BABY I DON’T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE JUNHONG’S DIAPERS. I NEED HELP!” Was the first thing that came out of Himchan’s mouth as Youngjae answered the phone. “You go on Youtube or Google and search for it you . I’m in the middle of a photo shoot.” And Youngjae ended the call, leaving a speechless panic Himchan. Junhong’s cries just went an octave higher and Himchan immediately carried Junhong to the bathroom and did his very best to change Junhong’s diapers.

Himchan came out from the bathroom with a satisfied look, well he basically really satisfied with his work. “As long as you’re not crying, I’m happy.” Himchan smiled sweetly at the now happy Junhong in his arms.

The first day was tough for Himchan. Frankly speaking, it was kind of awkward for him. It was indeed his first time taking care of little kids and he was alone with anyone’s help. He was definitely going to brag about it when Youngjae returned. “Uncle Himchan, hungry.” Jongup pulled Himchan’s sleeve as they watched TV in the living room. Himchan went to the kitchen and find whatever he can find in Youngjae’s kitchen and apparently there were nothing. Well there were but he had to cook in order to produce edible food and Kim Himchan’s biggest weakness was he didn’t know how to cook. He sighed and called for pizza. “Is pizza okay with you, Jongup-ah?” Upon hearing the word ‘pizza’ Jongup was literally jumping all over the house.

After they finished all the pizzas, Himchan put Jongup and Junhong to sleep. Kids do need their evening nap after all. Himchan too went for a nap with the other two kids.

Youngjae came back home early than he usually did but to find that the condo was extremely quiet. He walked into the living to find Jongup sleeping on Himchan’s stomach and Junhong sleeping next to Himchan on a thick blanket. Youngjae smiled at this, the view in front of him was just so adorable that he took out his DSLR from his bag and took a picture of it. This will definitely be one of his favorite pictures. It was still early in the evening, around 4:30PM and Youngjae decided to cook dinner because he was sure, 100 percent sure that Himchan didn’t feed Jongup and Junhong properly. He didn’t bother to wake them up, so he took off his jacket and scarf and started making a proper dinner for his ‘family’.

A pair of warm arms wrapped around Youngjae’s waist and a smile appeared on his face. “What are you cooking? Why didn’t you wake me up?” “A proper dinner, by means rice, soup and side dishes. And I thought you must be very tired so I let you sleep.” Himchan laughed at the words ‘proper dinner’ and left a peck of Youngjae’s neck. “So, did you manage to change Junhong’s diapers?” Youngjae asked while chopping off the carrot for the soup. “Well, I don’t know. Maybe you should see if I did right.” With a small hum Youngjae continued cooking. The kitchen was very peaceful until Junhong’s cries interrupt the peaceful silence. Himchan went to the living room to see Junhong waking up from his sleep and Jongup rolling on the floor. “You do cry a lot for a two year old boy, aren’t you?” Himchan smiled as he carried the crying boy.

“Himchan, can you help me set up the table? I’ll handle Junhong and Jongup.” Youngjae took Junhong from Himchan and went to the bedroom together with Jongup. When Himchan was about to take the bowls from the cabinet, a loud scream was heard. “HIMCHAN!” Himchan came running to the bedroom and he nearly tripped on his own foot. “What what?!” “You did this wrongly. See, this is the front, you idiot.” Youngjae pointed at Junhong’s diapers. “How should I know?” Himchan shrugged. “Well now that you’re home, why don’t you do it?” Youngjae sighed and shooed Himchan out of the bedroom. “Tell me Jongup, why did I even think of dating him?” Jongup smiled cutely. “Uncle Himchan, funny.” Youngjae sighed again. “He’s an idiot, Jongup. Don’t ever be like him when you grow up okay?” Jongup nodded his head and quickly took off his clothes as Youngjae told him to do. “Come on, let’s take a bath before dinner.”

It was the first time for both Himchan and Youngjae to have more people to eat dinner with. Jongup was sitting on Himchan’s laps while Junhong was sitting on Youngjae’s laps since they didn’t have baby chair. Small laughter were emitting from the kitchen as the newly formed family ate happily. Youngjae did the dishes while Himchan cleaning the little kids up so they could spend the night on the couch watching The Incredible together, well Jongup was the choosing the movie anyway because Mr. Incredible had a big body.

Jongup and Junhong fell asleep after the first 45 minutes so Himchan and Youngjae carried the boys to their room. “Is it going to fit? The four of us on the bed?” Himchan asked while pulling adjusting the pillow. “I don’t know, maybe. But if cannot, then you’ll sleep on the floor.” Youngjae beamed at Himchan. “But I-” “I was just kidding. You can’t even differentiate if it’s just a joke or real. Can you be dumber than this?” Youngjae settled the boys in the middle of the bed and joined them after that. Himchan stared at Youngjae for a good 1 minute before he too joined them.

 

~=~=~=~

 

Himchan went for work after he took his leave yesterday. Youngjae told him that he’ll be taking his leave for a week since there was nothing for him to do in the office and his last photo shoot with the famous singer Jung Daehyun ended yesterday. Himchan left for work when Jongup and Junhong were having their breakfast. Youngjae made sandwiches for them and he packed Himchan’s lunch of course. “I’ll be taking the kids out to the supermarket today.” Youngjae laid his back on the doorframe, watching Himchan wearing his shoes. “Okay. Call me if you need anything.” Youngjae nodded and tiptoed to kiss Himchan on the lips. “Have a nice working day.” Himchan smiled and left.

Youngjae basically did house chores the whole morning while the kids were watching Teletubbies again. Once he was done with the house chores where he cursed quite a lot because Himchan did 90 percent of the mess that he had to clean, he called out for the boys from the bathroom. “Jonguppie~ Junhonggie~” The two little adorable boy came running towards the bathroom. Youngjae settled the boys first and made sure that Junhong was full, so before he went for a shower, he prepared a bottle of milk for Junhong.

Youngjae carried Junhong in his right arm while holding Jongup’s tiny hand with his left hand. They walked together to a nearby supermarket to grab extra groceries. Youngjae quickly took a shopping cart and placed Jongup and Junhong in the cart. “Sit down so you won’t get hurt.” Youngjae told them but none of them listened to his advice.

“Banana milk!” Jongup pointed at a row of banana milk and some other flavor milks while jumping in the cart. “Stop jumping or you’ll get hurt.” “Banana milk! Jonguppie want!” “Okay okay, will you sit down Jongup-ah?” Jongup was still standing in the cart, pointing at the banana milk. Youngjae laughed and ruffled his hair. He took 4 boxes of banana milk into the cart. “There, happy?” Jongup beamed and his eyes formed two adorable crescent moons.

That afternoon they went back home, Youngjae cooked them noodles. They had their lunch and Youngjae played with them for a while before putting them on the bed for evening nap. That was the only free time Youngjae had to do his job. He went to his little studio to start doing his work. The singer Jung Daehyun did tell him that he wanted his pictures done in two weeks’ time.

Himchan met Youngjae three years ago during one of Himchan’s closest high school friends’ wedding. Youngjae was the photographer for the wedding and Himchan somehow managed to get Youngjae’s phone number and well, let’s just say that Himchan was very good at flirting and Youngjae moved in with Himchan after a year dating him.

The night routine was the same; they ate dinner together, they cleaned up and they watched movie together. Well except for this time, Junhong got to pick what he wanted to watch. So they ended up watching Thomas and Friends.

 

~=~=~=~

 

The same thing happened in the morning, the same routine with the kids watching Sesame Street and Youngjae sending Himchan off to work, well just until the front door. Youngjae rearranged Himchan’s tie and dusted off his shoulders. “I just hope I don’t screw the whole presentation.” “You’ll do just fine.” Youngjae smiled warmly at the slightly taller guy. “What if I do screw the presentation?” “You won’t, Channie. I know you won’t.” Youngjae pecked on Himchan’s lips and he did plan on just giving him an encouraging peck but Himchan pulled him into his embrace and kissed the younger guy full on lips. Youngjae giggled at the sudden affection but reacted to it nonetheless. The kiss was just about to go even deeper when Junhong’s cries yet again interrupted them. “I guess baby Junhong needs to change his diapers.” Youngjae laughed at Himchan’s comment.

Everything went just the same as the previous day, except for the going to the supermarket trip. Today, Youngjae spent his time with the boys inside the condo. He watched cartoon with the boys and he played lego with the boys. He was just like them in the heart, still very young in the heart and Jongup really loved Youngjae. Youngjae was lying on the floor while watching a Korean drama when suddenly Jongup crawled to his side and snuggled under his armpit. Youngjae smiled and laid in a more comfortable way for the boy to snuggle comfortably. Junhong was still playing with the lego, well literally biting the lego.

Himchan came home that evening to find the condo was surprisingly quiet. He walked around the house and saw a sticky note on the fridge.

Himchannie,

              I’m taking the kids to the park two blocks from here.

Love,
Youngjae

Himchan changed into his casual wear and left to find his boyfriend and the kids.

Once he reached the park, he saw Youngjae was sitting on a swing with Junhong on his laps while Jongup was playing with some other kids at the slide. The smile on Youngjae’s face made Himchan stopped on his track. That smile on Youngjae’s face was beautiful, the way his eyes would disappear and form into two beautiful crescent moons, the way his chubby cheeks would redden a bit and the way his lips will curl into adorable ‘u’ shape. Himchan blushed when he was caught staring at the latter. Youngjae waved at him and he quickly walked to the guy who was having a baby on his laps. “How was the presentation?” Youngjae asked when Himchan landed a kiss on his forehead and ruffled Junhong’s hair after that. “It went well though.” Himchan smiled and Youngjae smiled back, a smile wider than Himchan’s.

They had their dinner at a fine diner that night. After all the pleads Jongup was giving them, finally Youngjae agreed on the boy’s request. While they were enjoying their food, Himchan got a text.

From: Yongguk
To: Himchan

Channie my best friend, how are you doing? I hope you’re still alive hehe I’m coming back tomorrow though, earlier than I thought but well I’ll be picking Jongup and Junhong tomorrow night.

 

To: Yongguk
From: Himchan

you bro, I’m not giving you back your brothers after what you’ve done to me and Youngjae. I’m keeping them forever.

 

From: Yongguk
To: Himchan

Aww you’re mad~ Well I’ll take that as you’re enjoying taking care of the kids xD Anyway, I’ll be there to pick them up around 7PM.

 

To: Yongguk
From: Himchan

Seriously go die, I hate you <3

And Himchan silent his phone and ignore the next text from his best friend. “Was it Yongguk hyung?”Himchan hum as he kept his phone in his pocket. “He’s picking up the kids tomorrow night.” “Already?!” Youngjae stopped chewing on his chips, looking at Himchan as if he just saw a freaking ghost in white dress, long hair. Himchan saw the disappointment in Youngjae’s face when he nodded to Youngjae’s question. “I thought he said for a week.” Youngjae whispered softly. Youngjae looked at Junhong who was having a chip on his hand and Jongup who was eating his burger. Himchan pulled Youngjae closer to him. “We can still visit them you know. They’re not living very far from us anyway.” Youngjae nodded softly. Himchan looked at the boys before he smiled sadly at them.

Himchan unlocked the door and opened it for the three to enter the house. Youngjae helped the boys to take off their jacket and scarf before taking the boys to the bathroom. Himchan threw himself on the couch and sighed deeply. Seriously, he didn’t know how many times he had been sighing since Jongup and Junhong’s arrival. Some parts of him were relief and some parts of him were sad. He could hear the laughter coming from the bathroom and he smiled at how happy Youngjae sounded. Himchan got up from the couch and went to the bathroom to join them.

He peeked in to see the kids were in the bathtub and Youngjae was sitting outside the tub, playing with them. “Ba~bam~ ba~bam~” Himchan created his own sound effect as he approached the kids in the tub while acting like shark. “I’m gonna eat you~!” The kids were screaming and laughing and splashing the water at him. Youngjae too laughed along and join the act.

The last night was the best night of all nights. Youngjae tucked them into bed and kissed their forehead. “Sweet dreams.” He smiled softly at the fast asleep babies.

Himchan came back hugging Youngjae. “Are you sad?” Youngjae sighed deeply at the question. He turned to face Himchan with his hands on Himchan’s chest. “I guess so?” Himchan smiled sadly as he pulled Youngjae into a hug. “Maybe if you want, we can have our own family.” Youngjae looked up at Himchan and the first thing came out of his mouth was “Are you proposing me, Kim Himchan?” Himchan smirked and whispered in Youngjae’s ear. “What if I say yes, I am proposing you.” Youngjae’s chubby cheeks radiating pink almost to red blush and he quickly pushed Himchan away. “I’m..I’m going to bed!” Youngjae crawled on the bed and covered himself with the blanket. He could hear Himchan’s small giggles and he smiled like a teenage girl when she just got asked to a prom from her dream guy.

 

~=~=~=~

 

Himchan got a day off because his presentation yesterday was good and his boss was very satisfied with him and gave him a day off. He thought on spending the day on his comfortable fluffy bed but Jongup was jumping on the bed with Junhong once they woke up. Youngjae was nowhere to be seen in the room. “Stop jumping.” Himchan groaned. “Uncle Himchan! Morning! Watch cartoon! Hurry!” Jongup pulled Himchan’s blanket and Junhong tickled Himchan’s feet. “Haha..haha! Okay! Okay! Stop!” Junhong stopped and joined his brother by pulling Himchan out of the bed. Youngjae came in to check on the noise. “Wake up you lazy bone.” “But it’s my holiday.” Himchan whined and got out of his bed. “Can you at least be a nice uncle and watch cartoon with them?” Himchan mumbled under his breathe something sounded like ‘I wanna sleep’ ‘youngjae loves them more than me’

Youngjae called for the boys to have their breakfast and Jongup came running into the kitchen with Himchan chasing him and Junhong chasing Himchan. They ate breakfast together and suddenly the doorbell rang. Himchan looked at Youngjae who was looking back at him. “I’ll go check on the door.” Himchan left his seat to open the door while Youngjae continued feeding Junhong.

Youngjae was taken aback when he heard the door was being slammed hard and a frowning Himchan came in view. “Who was that?” “Yongguk.” “Where is he?” “I asked him to come at night.” “Why?” “So you can have the whole day with them.” Himchan smiled as he ruffled Jongup’s hair and the boy smiled back at him. Youngjae mouthed a soft ‘thank you’ with a smile.

The whole day was spent in the living room. They were too comfortable to even move so they ended up lying on the floor together all tangled up with lots of pillows, teddy bears and blankets. Youngjae of course wouldn’t miss the chance he had to take pictures.

By the time Yongguk came ringing Himchan’s door again was 8:30PM. Himchan opened the door with arms folded. “What kind of a brother are you to leave your brothers huh?” “A very nice handsome brother.” Yongguk smirked. Himchan hit him on the shoulder before smiling and inviting his friend to come in. “Hyung!!” Jongup and Junhong both were in their pajamas when they ran to their brother. “Hey! How are my little friends?” Yongguk hugged them both and smiled warmly. Himchan could see from how his best friend acted, he missed his brothers so much. Youngjae came out from the laundry room with the two hand luggage. “I’ve washed their clothes though.” Youngjae smiled as he passed the luggage at Yongguk. “Thank you, I hope they didn’t trouble you.” “Not at all.” Youngjae smiled and he squatted down in front of Jongup and Junhong. “Come visit me again someday, okay?” Jongup nodded and hugged Youngjae tightly. “Uncle Youngjae, visit us.” Jongup beamed.

Himchan’s phone buzzed on the nightstand that night after Jongup and Junhong went back to their Yongguk hyung.

From: Yongguk
To: Himchan

Thanks though hehe and I hope you and Youngjae are making babies xDDDD