Chapter 1

I Am A Monster!

I sat down in front of the piano. I calmly started playing the piano but something keeps bothering me. Three weeks ago, I was just a normal girl, a normal person with a normal life. My parents died when I was 5 and I was adopted by a couple which are both famous scientist. I grown up to admire my parents and always wanted to be a scientist just like them. I was going to university like everyone else. Because of an assignment, I have to come all the way from Seoul to Busan to visit my uncle. He is too, a famous scientist and I'm here to ask him to help me on my assgnment.

"Are you sure you're going?" My mum asked me.

"Mum.. I've told you, I want to go! Besides, I miss Uncle Oh, I haven't seen him for 2 years already!" I said.

"Haera ah, be careful on your way there you understand?" My dad said.

"I will, I promise!" 

But no... I was not okay... I have become a monster and it is all because of him... My own uncle...

"Ajusshi!" I said when I reached his mansion.

"Aigoo! Haera, you've grown so much!" He said, hugging me.

"Thanks for having me here! I really need your help on this assignment!" I said. 

"No problem Haera, you're always welcome here."

"Ah.. Where's Sehun oppa?" I asked.

"He's in Seattle right now, attending a convention. He'll be back in about 2 months." Ajusshi said.

"Ah.. I see." 

The first week was fine... Until....

"Ajusshi! Look at this! This is totally incredible!" I said, looking through the microscope. "What is this?"

"This is the formula that I've found. It is a cure to certain disease, but it will also be a poison to those who are completely healthy." He said, holding the test tube containing green color liquid.

"Ah... So the concept of this is using poison to fight the disease?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied.

Suddenly, an earthquake occured and everything in the lab was broken.

"Ajusshi!"

"Haera, quick go under the table!" Ajusshi said from the other side of the lab. He was trying to save his newly found formula, but it was too late. The test tube fell from the table, pieces of glass flew around, some hit me and cut me. I fell down.

The earthquake stopped. I came out from under the table.

"Haera, are you okay?" He asked

"I'm fine I think. Ouch!" There was a deep cut on my hand, and some of the green color liquid was on it.

"We need to clean that now!" Ajusshi said, he seemed worried.

"It's alright, it's just a cut." I said.

"No Haera! There's some of the formula on your hand, remember that was poison to a completely healthy person!"

I was stunned, I felt dizzy and the next thing I knew, I out. According to ajusshi, I was unconscious for a week, but when I woke up, I was shocked. My skin turned white like a rabbit's fur, my hair turned white too and was growing so long, uncontrollable. My eyes, are green in color. I was shocked.

"Ajusshi.... What happened? What is this?" I asked.

"Haera... Apparently, the liquid entered your bloodstream before I could took it out, causing your DNA to change and now... You're like that.." He said.

"Is this curable?" I asked.

"I'm... I'm not sure."

"What?"

"I need some time Haera, please just listen to me."

"Get out..."

"Haera..."

"I said get out! Get out!" I screamed. I was afraid. I kept myself in the room, refusing to see anybody, refusing to eat, or to drink. Even though I haven't been eating for so long, I still manage to survive. I guess that the change in my DNA is the reason of this.

And now, here I am... Sitting here, not able to see anybody in this state.

"Miss... Your dinner is ready." The old maid said, bringing the tray. 

"Get out, I don't want to eat it." I said, coldly.

"But miss, master will be worried. And you haven't eaten since.."

"I SAID GET OUT!" I shouted.

"Very well miss, I'll leave it here, just in case you wanted to eat it." She said and leave the try on the table.

I stood up, and walk to the mirror. I stared into it. I am a monster. My green eyes, my white skin, and white hair. I got angry and smashed the mirror.

"Haera..." Ajusshi was at the door.

"What do you want?" My hand was bleeding from the smashed mirror. My blood dripping, and it was blue in color. What am I?

"Please Haera, I am still finding a cure. If we don;t give up we..."

"Give up? Cure? How do you cure this monster? Even my blood is blue in color!" I shouted. I walked toward the window and stared out of it. There are children playing down there. In the park opposite the mansion. One of them look up suddenly and saw me, the boy started to cry.

"Omma! I saw a monster! WAAAAAA!" The boy said, pointing towards my window.

I stepped back in quickly. Yes, he's right... I am a monster.

"Haera, please believe me... I can cure you!" 

"Cure? How? Using what method? Huh?" I shouted.

"I just need to find an antidote." He said.

"Hahahahaha..." I started laughing like a mad person. Suddenly, I thought of my parents, both in Seoul and how much I missed them. I shouldn;t give up on life yet. As long as ajusshi said he will cure me, I can't give up.

"Fine, I will believe you. But how do we start?" I asked him.

He smiled. "We can start by filling your stomach Haera." He said.

My tensed up body started to relax, I have forgotten how gentle ajusshi is to me. I have forgotten how kind he was to me, I trust him.

"I'm sorry ajusshi...You're right, I should not give up. I'm sorry..." I said.

"It's alright, now are you gonna eat this or do I have to throw it away?" He asked.

I smiled and sat down and started eating.