fin.

In Act of Jealousy

 

“Good morning Baek Hee-ssi! And hello to you too, Mr. Flower, Mrs. Flower, and kiddie flowers,” Chanyeol continued on jollily greeting every living thing that surrounds him in the school campus.

 

“Oh geez Chanyeol, must you greet everything all the time?” Baek Hee snorts, as she came to wrap an arm around Chanyeol’s. “Yes! The plants are like us human after all,” he rolls his eyes at her, but grins at the plants.

 

“I think you’re scaring them more with your creepy teddy bear stares,” Baek Hee whispered just loud enough for him to hear, and Chanyeol pouts. “You and your brother are no difference,” he crossed his arms angrily at her. “Tch, what can I say? We’re twins after all,” Baek Hee snickers, and Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“Baek Hee-yah, have you done the Chinese homework for Mr. Jiang’s class? I got sidetracked last night, and forgot!” Their baby friend Kyungsoo comes running up, as he pleads with his cute puppy eyes. “I doubt that Miss Thang here did hers. Here, you can copy mine,” Chanyeol answers for Baek Hee, as he hands Kyungsoo his homework.

 

“Who says I don’t do my homework? I always work on them,” Baek Hee defends herself. “Yeah, you work on them in class,” Chanyeol raised both brows at her, and the two broke into a mini laugh.

 

“Ah, dad is going out of town again tonight, and mom will obviously be gossiping with her lady friends. Want to join me later at my house?” Kyungsoo asks, as he stood next to Baek Hee with a wide grin.

 

“Are you asking me out on a date?” Baek Hee acts dramatically, putting a hand over her chest. “You can’t, Kyungsoo. She’s already mine,” Chanyeol pulls Baek Hee behind him, and the two friends burst into a wild laughter.

 

“Oh my god, you’re all so dramatic,” a boastful tone appeared from behind the trio, and Baek Hee rolled her eyes knowing who it was. “B-B-B-Baekhyun,” Chanyeol stumbled over his words, upon seeing the short guy. “What is he, a broken robot?” Baekhyun asked his friends, who stood behind him, and everyone laughed.

 

Chanyeol sheepishly smiled, as he scratched behind his neck. Kyungsoo hid behind the tall guy, as he was feel uneasy with the tanned skin boy Kim Jongin, who everyone calls him as Kai. The young boy always gives Kyungsoo the stare down of death, and Kyungsoo never knows why.

 

“Bug off, Hyun,” Baek Hee told off her twin brother. “I don’t need to if I don’t want to, Hee,” Baekhyun replies back with a smirk. “Well you wouldn’t want me to make you cry in front of your friends now, right?” Baek Hee retorts, and Baekhyun’s friends went ‘oh’ at him.

 

Chanyeol then lightly pulled onto Baek Hee’s sleeve, as soon as he saw Baekhyun’s frown. Baek Hee wasn’t backing away, as she hates how brother picks on Chanyeol. The weird thing is, Chanyeol is the giant one here, but is afraid of the puny Baekhyun.

 

“Let’s go to class! The bell has rung!” Kyungsoo shouted immediately, as he dragged Chanyeol away, who also pulled Baek Hee along with. “We have seven minutes to get to class, chill,” Baek Hee replied, but Kyungsoo wasn’t giving in. “I don’t care. I want to get away,” Kyungsoo responded without looking back at Baekhyun’s crew.

 

 

Lunchtime arrived shortly, and Chanyeol happily skipped over to his locker. Before he reached there, he saw a somewhat heart-shaped lollipop taped onto his locker.

 

“Hurry Channie, I’m starving!” Baek Hee raced out of art class, as she met with Chanyeol at the lockers area. “Baek Hee-yah, I got another love letter,” Chanyeol chimed, as he waved a sealed teal color envelope in her face. “The admirer added a lollipop this time,” Chanyeol added, as he handed her the sweet treat.

 

Baek Hee ripped the envelope top open, and tossed it aside on the ground. Chanyeol sighed at her doing, as he picked it up, and poked her forehead with his finger.

 

“No littering,” he scolded her, and Baek Hee snorted. “It’s still not handwritten, so I can’t tell who can be sending it to you,” Baek Hee spoke up, after skimming over the letter. “You’re like a machine that knows people too much, which is probably why my admirer doesn’t want to write it out,” Chanyeol .

 

“Why are you two still hanging out here? Aren’t you guys starving like me?” Kyungsoo whined from meters away. “Come on, Mr. Owl wants his food,” Baek Hee said, as she slapped Chanyeol’s back, and pulled him out of the lockers area.

 

“Oh, candy!” Kyungsoo cheered at the lollipop in Baek Hee’s hand. “Boy, this belongs to our lucky loved boy, Chanyeol. Only his secret admirer knows how to play sweet these days. Pfft, boys. I need myself a man,” Baek Hee sighed with placing the back of her hand on top of her forehead, and both boys laughed at her dramatic acting.

 

“It’s alright, Baek Hee. But you see, if you were to date me…I can show you the world~” Kyungsoo sang the last sentence, and Baek Hee pretended to gag. “Baek Hee noona,” Kyungsoo froze at the voice he had recognized.

 

“Yes, Kai?” Baek Hee turned her attention to the tanned skin boy. “If you don’t mind me asking, but I heard from Baekhyun that you’re great in math. Is it okay if you help tutor me sometime after school?” Jongin asked with a decent smile.

 

Kyungsoo glanced at the kid, and was shocked at how the boy’s expression changed. He was smiling, and talking to Baek Hee sweetly. Kyungsoo hid behind Chanyeol again as always, and watched as that Kai kid kindly chatted with his Baek Hee.

 

“Sure, I can help you out with Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Is that okay with you?” Baek Hee scheduled out, as she looked at her planner. “Wait, Chanyeol is smarter than you. Why can’t he tutor Kai?” Kyungsoo spoke up, but still hid behind Chanyeol.

 

“Me? I can’t. I have night school, remember?” Chanyeol shook his head. “Help me out here!” Kyungsoo slapped Chanyeol’s arm, as he whispered that loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

 

“Anyways,” Baek Hee coughed, as she glared at the boys behind her, “I’ll see you on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Kai.” Jongin bowed with a smile at Baek Hee, but instead, sent one of those icy glares at Kyungsoo, “Thanks again, noona.”

 

“Hul~ that guy trying to act cool and all,” Kyungsoo says, as he finally pops out front, and links his arm with Baek Hee’s. “Tch, says the guy who hid behind Chanyeol,” Baek Hee . “Because I find him intimidating. I think he’s a dangerous boy. You shouldn’t tutor him,” Kyungsoo said, as he was disallowing this tutor session to happen.

 

“He’s my brother’s friend anyways, so it’s fine. He won’t hurt me,” Baek Hee replied, but Kyungsoo shook his head. “I think he finally found his first rival,” Chanyeol commented, and Kyungsoo glared at the giant. “He’s not my rival! Baek Hee’s my soon-to-be wife!” Kyungsoo yelled out, and Baek Hee laughed at the silly kids bickering back and forth.

 

 

“Look at the nerd with his curly haired and his creepy grin,” Baekhyun pointed out Chanyeol to his friends, as they watched Chanyeol walk over to a table alongside with Baek Hee and Kyungsoo. “I don’t know how you can smile all day like that. My cheeks would’ve died long ago,” Baekhyun’s friend Jongdae, added on an insult, and the group guffawed.

 

Just as Chanyeol was leading Baek Hee and Kyungsoo over to an empty table, Baekhyun purposely stuck his leg out for Chanyeol to trip over on. Baekhyun succeeded, as Chanyeol fell to the tiled cold floor, alongside with his lunch.

 

“Hyun!” Baek Hee shouted at her brother. “Oops, I guess he should’ve been more careful,” Baekhyun shrugged, and then beamed with his friends, high fiving them all. “I’m fine, Baek Hee,” Chanyeol replied with a silly smile, as he stood up tall and brushed the lunch mess off of him.

 

Baek Hee then marched forward to snatch her brother’s lunch, and handed it to Chanyeol. Baekhyun was about to fight back, but Baek Hee pushed him back down onto his seat.

 

“Give me my lunch back, Hee,” Baekhyun whined at his sister. “Maybe if you apologize, I’ll consider about it,” Baek Hee replied, and pulled Chanyeol away with Kyungsoo. “Hmph! That guy ain’t anyways,” Baekhyun huffed angrily, as he stormed out of the canteen.

 

“Can I just eat his lunch?” Chanyeol questioned Baek Hee, as he looked at Baekhyun’s sandwich. “He doesn’t deserve it,” Kyungsoo muttered, and Baek Hee nodded her head along.

 

“My brother is such an ,” Baek Hee snickered. “It’s okay. He’s probably jealous that I stole you to be my friend,” Chanyeol sheepishly smiled at her. “You know, it makes me wonder. Maybe Baekhyun is that ‘secret admirer’ who is probably throwing a prank,” Baek Hee tilted her head to the side, and wondered.

 

“Prank or not, wouldn’t it be cool if he really is my secret admirer?” Chanyeol asked, and Baek Hee raised a brow at her friend. “Channie, this is my brother we’re talking about. He’s been bullying you since grade school. I don’t think he’d be willing to put so much effort in being your actual lover,” Baek Hee answered, and Chanyeol slightly pouted.

 

“But there is a saying, whereas the one who hates you most, actually loves you,” Kyungsoo said, as he grinned at Baek Hee and wiggled his eyebrows. “Kyungsoo, I’m still not going to be your girlfriend,” Baek Hee lightly slapped the young boy’s cheek, and smiled back also.

 

“Is it because of the age difference? Come on! I studied hard back in middle school, just so I can skip a grade level to be with you,” Kyungsoo gave out a fake cry. “Pyscho,” Chanyeol playfully whispered, and Kyungsoo tossed a piece of salad at his buddy. “In another life, Kyungsoo,” Baek Hee said, as she patted his back.

 

 

“Kyungsoo and I’ll be waiting for you outside the back gate,” Baek Hee said, as it was Chanyeol’s week to clean up the class duties. “Yup. I’ll be out soon,” he replied with a smile, and watched as his friends raced out together.

 

Chanyeol started out with wiping the chalkboard clean, and humming to himself. Suddenly, the thought of Baekhyun being his secret admirer came across his head, and Chanyeol blushed slightly.

 

“Geek freak,” Baekhyun’s voice came up from behind him, in which caused Chanyeol to stumble over his own feet. “H-hey,” Chanyeol greeted him with a smile. “Where’s my sister?” Baekhyun asked for Baek Hee, as he checked inside the now empty classroom.

 

“E-eh?“ Chanyeol didn’t quite give Baekhyun the correct answer; as he pushed his glasses that were slowly sliding off, back up. “What are you, deaf? I asked about my sister,” Baekhyun snapped, and Chanyeol jumped at the tone of his voice. “She walked out earlier,” Chanyeol mumbled with his head lowered, and finger pointing out the door.

 

Baekhyun trotted forwards Chanyeol, and lightly tapped the head bowed kid’s head with a book, and cackled.

 

“Pathetic,” Baekhyun muttered. “I don’t see how she’s friend with such a stutter problem weirdo,” he continued mumbling to himself, before exiting the room.

 

Chanyeol looked up to find Baekhyun leaving out of his homeroom, and then reached up to touch his head. He smiled at the excitement building up inside his guts, although he knows how Baekhyun hates him. But Chanyeol didn’t care as long as he can like Baekhyun in secrecy, it’s all good.

 

Chanyeol then walked over to where his locker is, and found another love letter on it. He gleefully pulls the heart shaped envelope off of his locker, and hugged it with love. Chanyeol quickly placed his school belongings inside the locker, and dashed out to greet Baek Hee and Kyungsoo.

 

“Guys, guys. Another one!” Chanyeol panted as he spoke, which barely made any sense at all. “Another what?” Kyungsoo asked, as he jumped up from where he sat. “My secret admirer gave me another letter,” Chanyeol joyfully waved it in the air. “Okay lover boy, what does it say?” Baek Hee questioned with her arms crossed.

 

Chanyeol opened the letter up, and read it aloud to both his friends, as they all walked to their usual café shop to get drinks. Baek Hee couldn’t help it, but laugh at the cheesy pick up lines, but Kyungsoo were taking down notes on how to make Baek Hee is.

 

“Still think it’s your brother pulling a prank?” Chanyeol asked Baek Hee, as he tucked the letter inside his backpack safely. “I’m thinking that it might be Baekhyun’s buddy Kris,” Baek Hee said, as she tapped her chin. “Kris is romantic?” Kyungsoo queried, trying hard not to laugh.

 

“Yes, and it’s sort of weird. He asked me out with having his senior buddy Luhan sing to me, while his other friend Yixing beat boxed, and Kris rapped along. I was crept out. Yuck! Romantic stuff is a huge no,” Baek Hee explained, and Kyungsoo looked at his tiny notepad.

 

“Romantic equals yuck, which means no. Got it,” Kyungsoo muttered nothings to himself, as he did multiple crossing on his notepad. Baek Hee and Chanyeol looked at the kid weirdly, and then snapped back to the realm.

 

“Oh yeah, earlier Baekhyun came to look for you when I was cleaning the homeroom,” Chanyeol remembered, and told Baek Hee. “Did he say why?” Baek Hee asked, and munched on a cookie after.

 

“Nope. I told him you were gone already, and then left with tapping my head lightly with a book,” Chanyeol replied, as he touched his head again with a tint of pink forming on both cheeks.

 

“Yah, Park Chanyeol, are you in love with your bully?” Baek Hee asked, as she pointed at her friend. “Huh? I…uh…well,” Chanyeol played with his fingers shyly, and soon bit his bottom lip. “Oh my god! Our Channie is in love!” Baek Hee threw her arms up in the air proudly, and hugged him.

 

“You’re okay with it?” Chanyeol asked, as Kyungsoo tried squeezing in between the two, to get hugged by Baek Hee too. “Of course! But wait, my brother hates you,” Baek Hee said, and pulled away from the hug for a sec. “But you don’t,” Chanyeol grinned, and Baek Hee laughed.

 

“I love you, Channie! I’ll make my brother love you, and have you become my brother-in-law. Oh my en god!” Baek Hee spazzed some more, as Kyungsoo guffawed at being hugged too, after finally squeezing in between.

 

 

The next few days were like normal usual days. Chanyeol would get pick on by Baekhyun, but never minded it.

 

Even when Baekhyun goes overboard by tying a long chicken feathered tail onto Chanyeol’s hair, putting an opened can honey inside Chanyeol’s backpack, and locking Chanyeol inside the homeroom, since he’s in charge of cleaning duty week.

 

Baek Hee would be there to always protect her friend, as Kyungsoo would be hiding away from the mysterious Jongin. However, Kyungsoo tends to get jealous when Baek Hee greets Jongin with her beautiful blissful smile.

 

“I don’t like him,” Kyungsoo muttered with fury, as he stabs through a piece of salad with his spork. “Who, your rival Jongin?” Chanyeol cheekily teases Kyungsoo. “Don’t speak of him! He can be listening,” Kyungsoo stared throughout the canteen with his eyes wide. “You’re being too silly, Mr. Owl,” Baek Hee giggled, as she pinched Kyungsoo’s cheek.

 

“Chanyeol-ssi,” a cute female classmate with short brown hair walked up to him, as he was still laughing at Baek Hee and Kyungsoo. “Yes?” Chanyeol turned to face the girl. “I was told to give you this,” the female classmate said, and placed a tiny white basket filled with three vanilla flavored wafer bags.

 

His eyes enlightened at his favorite sweet treat, and thanked the girl. Baek Hee stopped the female classmate and questioned about who ordered her, but her answer didn’t help either. The girl replied with the basket being on her desk, and a note telling her to deliver the treats.

 

Baek Hee looked out the window, and saw her brother Baekhyun holding a bag of wafers himself, as he eats it happily with his friends. She snatched Chanyeol’s basket, and stormed out of the canteen. Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were left confused, but followed after.

 

“A-ha! So it is you!” Baek Hee shouted, as she waved the basket of the flavored vanilla wafers in Baekhyun’s face. “It was me, what?” Baekhyun gave his sister a confused expression. “If you’re trying to pull on a funny prank by giving Chanyeol love letters, I suggest that you’d stop now!” Baek Hee said, as she tossed the basket into Baekhyun’s arms.

 

“You think that I have time to decorate something this cheesy, and give it to the nerd? Heck, I’d rather do this for the handsome Chinese exchange student Tao, or possibly the hot English teacher,” Baekhyun bickered, as he tossed the basket down onto the grass, cracking the bottom piece.

 

Chanyeol gasped at his beautiful gift, and bent down to pick it up. Baek Hee huffed in anger at her brother, as Baekhyun scoffed at his sister.

 

“Oh, luckily the basket isn’t very much damaged,” Chanyeol smiled at his gift, and wiped off the dirt around it. “Channie, I’m so sorry,” Baek Hee said, but Chanyeol shook his head. “It’s okay,” he flashed her a silly smile.

 

“You’re apologizing to that guy instead of your brother?” Baekhyun asked his sister. “Because of you eating the same wafers, Chanyeol’s gift is destroyed!” Baek Hee scowled at her brother.

 

“These aren’t mine! They’re Kai’s wafers,” Baekhyun replied, and pointed at Jongin, who have been eyeballing Kyungsoo the entire time. “I bought these to share, but I don’t know who would’ve given those to Chanyeol,” Jongin explained with a smile to Baek Hee, in which Kyungsoo wasn’t happy with.

 

“I’m sorry Baekhyun. Your sister just wants to help me find out who is my secret admirer,” Chanyeol bowed in apology to Baekhyun, and soon dragged Baek Hee and Kyungsoo away with him.

 

“You needn’t apologize to that brother of mine,” Baek Hee angrily crossed her arms. “I love him, remember?” Chanyeol said with a shining smile. “Gosh, you big chunk of booger!” Baek Hee playfully punched his arm.

 

 

Chanyeol giddily fixed his basket, by placing two Doraemon Band-Aids on the open cracked bottom. He smiled at the wafers, and slightly traced over the plastic bag. Even if the present isn’t from Baekhyun, it’s okay to imagine that it is from Baekhyun, right?

 

“La-la-la~” Chanyeol hummed to a random tune, as he walked towards the lockers area. “Oh, Baekhyun-ssi,” Chanyeol was shocked to see Baekhyun in Chanyeol’s locker aisle, and saw a light green envelope in his left hand.

 

“What are you doing here? Don’t you have class duties? Where’s my sister?” Baekhyun bombarded Chanyeol with questions.

 

“One, my locker is on this aisle. B, my class duties are done already, and three, your sister is with Kyungsoo waiting out in the back gate for me,” Chanyeol answered all three questions of Baekhyun’s.

 

“Geez, I didn’t need you to answer all of them,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, as he walked past Chanyeol, purposely bumping into the taller kid.

 

“Wait!” Chanyeol stopped him, as he was eager to know what the envelope in Baekhyun’s was, and why he was here. “What?” Baekhyun turned to look at him with an annoyed expression.

 

“I know that your locker aisle isn’t here, so may I ask what you were doing?” Chanyeol tried not to jump in glee and frighten the short boy, as he was very curious.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I’m not your secret admirer, or heck, will I ever want to be. And this isn’t any love letter, or whatever you and my sister think. I was told to drop off a birthday invitation for a friend, not hand it to a four-eyed giant nerd,” Baekhyun scoffed, and turned his heel, as he continued on his way.

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun’s figure, as it got smaller and smaller, whilst he walks further away. After disappearing by making a turn, Chanyeol sighed in the loss hope of being Baekhyun’s boyfriend.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo was thinking about getting some ice cream. Are you in the mood for it?” Baek Hee asked Chanyeol with a giddy smile. “I…uh…I have to study for my night class’ exams,” it was Chanyeol’s first time making such an excuse, and Baek Hee knew something was up.

 

“Mr. A to the infinity plus, needs to study? I’ve never heard of this before,” Baek Hee raised a brow at him, as she crossed both arms. “Well it’s okay if it’s just you and I,” Kyungsoo smiles cheekily at Baek Hee. “Yeah, you both just go,” Chanyeol ushered the two, as he turned around and walked home.

 

“Baek Hee noona, is it okay if I join with you, since you’re tutoring me later?” Jongin came running towards Baek Hee, and Kyungsoo eyes widened at the boy. “Oh yeah! You can join with us,” Baek Hee smiled at the kid. “No, what are you doing? Chanyeol isn’t here with us!” Kyungsoo was objecting this matter, but too late, Baek Hee soon ignored him when Jongin chimed by her side.

 

“My stomach is cramping. I think I’m going to go home too,” Kyungsoo lied, as he dashed away. “Does he hate me?” Jongin asked, seeing that Kyungsoo was incredibly a dasher, who had disappeared within seconds. “Nah, he’s just weird. Don’t worry about it,” Baek Hee chortled.

 

 

“Baekhyun-ah, turn your ty music down! I can’t tutor Jongin with your ugly songs!” Baek Hee pounded on her brother’s door heavily. “I’m plotting world domination, so put your ear plugs on!” Baekhyun yelled back, and Baek Hee slapped her forehead.

 

“I swear to god, I’ll kick his once his door is unlocked,” Baek Hee muttered, as she came back inside her bedroom, and sat across from Jongin. “Wouldn’t it be wrong to beat up an older sibling?” Jongin questioned. “Baekhyun being seven minutes older than me doesn’t make any difference. I swear to god that I’m the older one here,” Baek Hee answered, and Jongin cackled.

 

“You know, Kai. I don’t see why you need a tutor. Your math is fine,” Baek Hee said, as she overlooked at Jongin’s tests and homework. “But I don’t want fine. I want better,” Jongin answered, which got Baek Hee entirely confused.

 

“Define better,” Baek Hee said, as she placed the boy’s papers down, and looked at him. “Well, I want to get noticed. If I do better, maybe I’ll shine and be seen,” Jongin explained with a bit of joy inside of him.

 

“I don’t get it. You want the school to notice you for being smart? Then stop hanging out with my lame brother,” Baek Hee laughed at her own joke, but Jongin shook his head. “It’s not about the school noticing me, but a person,” he corrected her. “A person?” Baek Hee asked.

 

“Yes, and I want to be seen and noticed by that person. When I see that person do well in everything, I found myself liking them. But I have to say something that is incredibly silly,” Jongin chuckled at his last sentence. “What, what is it?” Baek Hee asked curiously.

 

“I’m jealous of you to be with that person,” Jongin answered. “Me? Tch, there’s nothing to be jealous of, silly. Although I have no idea who this person is that you’re speaking of. However, you don’t need to better yourself for that particular person to notice you. Just be yourself,” Baek Hee gave the kid words of encouragement.

 

“Really? You think that if I’m just myself, the person will notice me?” Jongin asked with eyes lit up in happiness. “I guarantee you that you’ll woo that person by just being yourself,” Baek Hee replied, and Jongin leaned over to hug her. “Thanks,” he thanked her with a genuine smile.

 

“I also want to let you in on one thing,” Jongin said, whilst packing his belongings. “Hm, what is it?” Baek Hee asked, as she cleared her studying table. “It’s not just me, who is jealous of you,” Jongin answered before leaving.

 

“Why is everyone living with jealousy?” Baek Hee mumbled to herself. “Dammit, Baekhyun! I told you to shut off your ty music!” She then yelled next, as her bedroom walls were dancing to the thunderous beats from Baekhyun’s room.

 

 

“Channie-ssi, good morning buddy! How was acing those exams last night?” Baek Hee jollily greeted Chanyeol. “Oh, it went alright,” Chanyeol shrugged, and lightly touched the petals of the flowers whom he usually greets. “Are you getting sick?” Baek Hee asked, as she tried tiptoeing to touch his forehead.

 

“Yah! What are you doing to Baek Hee? Don’t kiss her!” Kyungsoo shouted, as he pulled Baek Hee back. “What the heck, Kyungsoo? I was checking if Chanyeol is sick, you dummy,” Baek Hee rolled her eyes at Kyungsoo. “Oh…” Kyungsoo turned away, and played with his fingers.

 

“Baek Hee-yah, maybe becoming your brother-in-law is just a dream,” Chanyeol pouted, as he said this. “What? Don’t tell me that you’re giving up? Channie,” Baek Hee whined. “He seems to really hate me,” Chanyeol answered, and pushed up his glasses that were sliding off the tip of his nose.

 

“He said something to you, didn’t he? Or did he attack you alone again in the men’s restroom? Speak to me, Chanyeol!” Baek Hee flared her nostrils, and Kyungsoo had to pull her away from the giant kid. “It’s nothing, don’t worry about it,” Chanyeol replied with a mini shrug.

 

As soon as Chanyeol entered inside his homeroom first, a bucket of iced cold water fell toppling on top of him. Students around laughed aloud, and Chanyeol took his precious time wiping his face, and gurgled a little.

 

“Who the did this?” Baek Hee questioned aloud, and the hallway got quiet, except for one of the little laughter in the back. “Hyun,” Baek Hee mumbled furiously, as Baekhyun laughed with his friends at the drenched Chanyeol. “Baek Hee-yah,” Chanyeol tried stopping her.

 

“Enough!” Baek Hee shouted, as she grabbed her brother’s collar. “What?” Baekhyun cocked his head away. “Aren’t you tired of torturing Chanyeol? It’s been going on for so long already. Please, just stop!” Baek Hee yelled at her brother.

 

“Baek Hee-yah,” Chanyeol quietly called to her, as he tried to pull her away. “Let go of me, Chanyeol. Stop being nice to Baekhyun. Can’t you see that he doesn’t care? I am sick of it!” Baek Hee shouted at Chanyeol also.

 

“Hey, I didn’t set that trap up. It was just his bad luck,” Baekhyun said, defending himself. “You think I don’t know your dirty schemes? You’re always plotting world domination in your stupid room, which means that you’re planning on torturing Chanyeol only!” Baek Hee retorts back.

 

“What I plot in my bedroom is none of your concern! Besides, why are you sticking up for him anyways? He’s not your brother, blood, or relative. He’s nothing!” Baekhyun shouted back at Baek Hee, as the drenched Chanyeol stood there in shock.

 

Kyungsoo and his wide eyes looked at the drenched Chanyeol, whose lips quivered in agony. Baek Hee pushed Baekhyun back away, as she turned to face her friend. Chanyeol tightly grips onto his uniform, and then turned his heel around, taking a run.

 

“Chanyeol!” Baek Hee shouted out his name, as she ran after him. “Wait up!” Kyungsoo chased after the two too. “Chanyeol-ah, stop!” Baek Hee kept calling for him, but Chanyeol just ignored her. “Dude!” Baek Hee yells, as she attacks Chanyeol to the ground out on the football field.

 

“What do you want, Baek Hee? Didn’t you hear him? I’m nothing but a geek freak, terd nerd, and lousy loser! And that’s all that I’ll ever be in Baekhyun’s eyes. I…I hate myself!” Chanyeol broke down for the first time, and Baek Hee quickly embraced the kid in her arms.

 

“Sh, no, no. You’re more than those nasty name-callings. You’re my teddy Channie, and Kyungsoo’s shield. Baekhyun is just a tard, so don’t listen to him,” Baek Hee tried comforting the giant, but he pulled away quickly to wipe his tears. “I want to be alone,” was the last thing Chanyeol said, before leaving Baek Hee and Kyungsoo.

 

 

“Chanyeol-yah, your friends are here to visit. Aren’t you going to open the door?” His mother called for him, as this has been going on for three days. “It’s okay, auntie. Maybe he’s still not recovered from being sick yet,” Baek Hee softly said, as she didn’t want to tire out Chanyeol’s mother.

 

“I just don’t get it. I’m not even sure if he really is sick. Last night, when I returned home late from work, I heard him crying. Although they were just light sniffles, I never thought I’d come to hear Chanyeol cry over something that would make him stop going to school. Is it over his grades, social problems with other students, or teachers picking on him? This is my baby Chanyeol, and I’m just—“

 

“Auntie, don’t stress over this anymore. I’ll try to find my ways to help you, and help get Chanyeol going back to school again. If Chanyeol does seem to be in pain again, give me a call,” Baek Hee assured Chanyeol’s mother, and both women hugged before Baek Hee left home.

 

“Hey, how is he doing?” Kyungsoo asked Baek Hee, as soon as she stepped out of Chanyeol’s house. “He’s still not interacting with anyone yet,” Baek Hee answered with a sigh of worry, which got Kyungsoo feeling down also.

 

“Do you want to get some coffee, and brainstorm on what to do next?” Kyungsoo suggested an idea to hangout with Baek Hee longer. “Sorry, but I think I’ll pass on that,” Baek Hee apologized, and crossed the street ahead on the direction of going home.

 

“Hmm…” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head, as he watched Baek Hee walked gloomily away. “Why can’t I be of much help?” He sighed heavily, and lowered his head, as he walked to the coffee shop alone.

 

“Kyungsoo-ssi…” Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up widened, as he cocked his head up to find Jongin standing before him with Baekhyun’s two other friends, Jongdae and Sehun. “Hey, doesn’t he hangout with Chanyeol?” Jongdae asked Jongin, as he points at the owl-eyed kid. “He looks scared,” Sehun whispered at his two older friends.

 

“You guys! It’s your entire fault that Chanyeol doesn’t come to school anymore,” Kyungsoo tried to stand strong, as he points at the three boys in front of him. “What? This dang kid,” Jongdae pushed up his sleeves, but Jongin stopped his hyung. “I’ll talk to him,” Jongin said, as he gave Jongdae and Sehun a smile.

 

Kyungsoo gulped upon hearing this, as he backed away from the taller kid, who is slowly approaching him. Jongin took his hand out, and Kyungsoo looked at it, seeing that the tanned boy was holding a plastic wrapped brownie cake.

 

“Would you like some?” Jongin offered, and Kyungsoo his bottom lip, craving to taste that brownie. “No,” Kyungsoo glanced away, and Jongin shrugged, as he placed the brownie in his jacket pocket.

 

“Hey, I’m Baek Hee’s friend too. If you hurt me like what you guys did to Chanyeol, she wouldn’t forgive you,” Kyungsoo shakily points his finger at Jongin, scared at what the kid might do. “I’m her friend too, and her brother’s friend. Why would I hurt you?” Jongin asked raising a brow. “I don’t know,” Kyungsoo replied scooting further away.

 

“So about Chanyeol…how is he?” Jongin asked Kyungsoo, as the two stood awkwardly meters apart. “Not doing so well, as you can see. The giant hasn’t been out, which is why I’m not hiding away from you,” Kyungsoo pointed out, which got Jongin staring at him confusedly.

 

“Well you see, Baekhyun really didn’t set up that trap for Chanyeol. It was actually a prank from one of the seniors, since they were tired of being bullied by that homeroom teacher. However, your buddy Chanyeol accidentally walked into it,” Jongin explained about the incident.

 

“So Baek Hee wrongly accused Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo asked, and Jongin nodded his head. “Oh my, I’m going to call and tell her. She and Baekhyun have stopped talking ever since Chanyeol skipped school. I felt like such a dumb third wheel for not even knowing how to help,” Kyungsoo replied with rolling his eyes, as he quickly dials Baek Hee’s number.

 

“You really like Baek Hee noona, do you?” Jongin asked curiously, as he watched Kyungsoo sighing in relief. “I’ve liked her for so long, you have no idea. If it wasn’t for her, I don’t think I’d ever study in school so hard to be in the same grade as her,” Kyungsoo answered with a gleeful smile. “Wow, you’re amazing,” Jongin softly said, as he bit his bottom lip and smiled slyly.

 

Kyungsoo paused from calling Baek Hee, and looked up at Jongin, who doesn’t seem to look intimidating, but rather cute. It bothered Kyungsoo in a way, as he can tell that in Jongin’s eyes, they were sad.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo questioned him. “Hm? Ah, I’m fine. It’s just nice to know that you like someone like Baek Hee noona,” Jongin answered with a sincere smile. “Uhmm…you don’t like her too, do you?” Kyungsoo wanted to make sure that Jongin isn’t really his rival. “I don’t like her, I like someone else,” Jongin cackled, as he shook his head.

 

“If you liked someone else, why did you make it seem as if you were into Baek Hee?” Kyungsoo continued on with his questions, and glanced back at his cellphone. “Well, I did it to get your attention,” Jongin answered, and Kyungsoo paused from pressing the call button.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo asked, turning his attention back at Jongin. “I bothered Baek Hee noona, because I wanted you to notice me,” Jongin explained. “Why would you use my Baek Hee for something so silly? Tch. You’re no human at all!” Kyungsoo scolded the boy, as he reached his finger out to poke Jongin’s chest harshly.

 

“I did it because I like you!” Jongin finally confessed out his feeling, in which Kyungsoo didn’t know how to respond to that. “You like me?” Kyungsoo questioned Jongin in shock. “Of course, I mean…who wouldn’t? You’re so smart, super talented, and jolly cute,” Jongin blushed at explaining to Kyungsoo why he likes Kyungsoo. “W-w-what? Pfft! I am not,” Kyungsoo stuttered, as he was beginning to blush also.

 

“Yes you are. Just look at yourself. You studied so hard to jump a grade ahead, and will probably live rich in the future. When I noticed how you were such a hard worker, I wanted to be like you. I tried to be better, as comparing it to good, you wouldn’t notice me,” Jongin continued on spilling more of his inside thoughts.

 

“But you always looked at me like you hated me,” Kyungsoo mumbled, remembering about those icy cold glares. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I was just studying you,” Jongin shrugged, and cackled lightly to himself. “Oh, I see,” Kyungsoo then chuckled too, as he played with his fingers.

 

“But it seems like you’re into Baek Hee noona a lot. I must be too late,” Jongin spoke up, which seemed to have killed Kyungsoo’s happy mood. “Hey, why are you saying that? It’s not like as if Baek Hee and I dated,” Kyungsoo snickered, and nudged Jongin’s arm with his shoulder.

 

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a confused expression at first, and then smiled when Kyungsoo wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

 

“So how about eating the brownie?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin, his bottom lip once more. “Sure,” Jongin nodded his head, and Kyungsoo clapped jollily.

 

 

“Hyun, Hyunnie-yah,” Baek Hee came knocking on her brother’s bedroom door, as she just wanted to talk. “Baekhyun,” Baek Hee twisted the doorknob, and to her surprise, the door was unlocked. “Hyun?” Baek Hee poked her head inside her brother’s room, and gasped loudly in shock.

 

Looking back for a clear coast, Baek Hee immediately dashed inside her brother’s room. Cheekily laughing at some cheesy pictures sprawled across Baekhyun’s desk, and giggled silently at the colorful handmade envelopes.

 

“Oh my god, this is so cheesy! I can’t believe I am reading this,” Baek Hee laughed aloud, covering also, as she had found the culprit. “Darn you Baekhyun. So much for world domination,” she snorted at her brother’s love for Chanyeol, as she saw pictures of Chanyeol posted on Baekhyun’s wall.

 

“Laaa-la-la-laaa~” Baekhyun hummed, as he entered inside his bedroom with a bowl of ice cream in his left hand. “Hee,” Baekhyun stared at his sister in shock. “Caught you red handed,” Baek Hee smirked evilly, and Baekhyun angrily placed his bowl of ice cream down.

 

“Get out of my room! Can’t you tell that this is my room of privacy?” Baekhyun yelled at his sister. “Privacy for world domination, or privacy of trying to win the heart of Park Chanyeol?” Baek Hee , and he furiously pulled her by the arm. “Get out,” Baekhyun repeated.

 

Baek Hee yanked her arm out of her brother’s grasp, and shook her head. Baekhyun huffed irately, as he walked over to pick up the love letters and colorful envelopes. However, Baek Hee wasn’t going to let her brother hide anything this time.

 

“You like Chanyeol, and you should tell him right now!” Baek Hee said, as she hid majority of the love letters behind her back. “Give them to me,” Baekhyun ignored what she said, as he wanted what was rightfully his to be returned. “You know, Chanyeol has been living quite miserably. I suggest you go and talk to him,” Baek Hee ignored him too, as she wouldn’t give anything to her brother.

 

“Bug off and out of my room!” Baekhyun raised his voice with a tone of anger. “No!” Baek Hee finally shouts back, as she pushes Baekhyun aside, and sat down on his computer chair.

 

“What do you want?” Chanyeol furiously answered his nonstop buzzing phone. “Hello?” He heard voices, but they didn’t sound as if it were speaking to him. “Baek Hee?” Chanyeol called out again, but calmly, afraid that Baek Hee must’ve been angry at him for sounding mad.

 

“Hee, get out!” Baekhyun directly points towards his bedroom door. “I won’t get out, until you give me a reason as to why you hid your feelings from Chanyeol!” Baek Hee argued back. “He what? Baek Hee-yah, answer me!” Chanyeol kept yelling inside his receiver.

 

“So what, yeah. I like him. What are you going to do, hate me for that?” Baekhyun finally answers Baek Hee’s question. “Why would I hate you?” Baek Hee asked, as she stared at her brother in confusion. “Because…because…well, don’t you like him too?” Baekhyun questioned his sister back.

 

“Oh my god, Baek Hee will never like me,” Chanyeol scoffed. “Yuck! Why would you ever think that I have feelings for Chanyeol? He’s like another brother to me,” Baek Hee gagged, and Baekhyun shrugged. “I don’t know, you’re both so close, and you kissed him on the cheek once,” Baekhyun replied, and plopped onto his bed.

 

“Baek Hee kissed me on the cheek as a thank you! You’re such a loser, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol was still talking to himself, not aware that the siblings couldn’t hear him. “It was a thank you gift, because he helped me passed the SATs, idiot,” Baek Hee slapped her forehead, as she shook her head.

 

“What about you? Why were you so mean to Chanyeol?” Baek Hee asked the questions this time, and Baekhyun roughly pushed his hair back. “It was because I was jealous of you, okay?” Baekhyun blurted out, which got Baek Hee laughing for a moment before she gasped.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked, and Chanyeol started shouting ‘what’ in the receiver also. “Jongin, he—oh my god. Oh my god,” Baek Hee then started laughing to herself, while Baekhyun stared at her weirdly, and Chanyeol ruffled his hair in frustration. “Damn you, Baek Hee. I’m coming over do you hear me? I’m dropping by for some clarification!” Chanyeol shouted at the receiver before hanging up.

 

“What did Jongin say?” Baekhyun asked his sister, as he was curious to know. “That people are jealous of me. Hehe,” Baek Hee giggled with adding a smirk, and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Oh please! Only a ghost would be jealous of you,” Baekhyun said, sitting up from his bed.

 

“You and Jongin have been talking. Spill everything out right now,” Baek Hee demanded, as she couldn’t believe there were more hidden secrets. “No we haven’t,” Baekhyun hissed with annoyance. “What, you want play big sister, little brother?” Baek Hee asked with high confidence.

 

“Hey, I’m older than you!” Baekhyun retorts. “Give it a break. You’re only older by seven minutes,” Baek Hee snorts, and Baekhyun exhaled tiredly. “Well then, since I’m being a nice seven minutes older brother, please get out of my room,” Baekhyun ordered his sister once more. “Fine, I’ll get out of your room, and run off to Chanyeol’s house and tell him everything,” Baek Hee slyly replies.

 

“You wouldn’t dare,” Baekhyun stared his sister down. “Say I won’t,” Baek Hee smirked back like the cute devil she is. “I hate you,” Baekhyun muttered. “Ah, my heart hurts so much to hear that,” Baek Hee dramatically places both hands over her chest.

 

“Gosh, you’re so annoy—“

 

Before Baekhyun can continue on his sentence, the doorbell rung hastily. Getting annoyed by the several door knockings and loud ding doorbell sounds, Baek Hee raced to open it.

 

“Chanyeol,” Baek Hee’s eyes widened at the sight of her poorly dressed up friend, with shaggy hair. “I heard everything over my cellphone, and none of you replied back. Is it true that Baekhyun likes me?” Was the first thing that Chanyeol said, instead of greeting his best friend with a simple, ‘hi’.

 

“Yeah, uh…Hello to you too, buddy,” Baek Hee laughed a little, as she pulled Chanyeol inside her house. “Who was it?” Baekhyun asked, walking down the stairs. “My future brother-in-law,” Baek Hee grinned happily, as she tugged onto Chanyeol’s arm.

 

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun’s eyes widened next, and Chanyeol gave the shocked boy a silly smile. “Hi,” Chanyeol gave him a quick and shy wave. “I’ll leave you boys alone,” Baek Hee guffawed away, as she couldn’t help squeal at the two lovers.

 

“Uhmm…” Baekhyun dryly swallowed his saliva, as he looked at Chanyeol speechless. “Hi,” Chanyeol repeated his greeting, and Baekhyun shut his eyes tight, as he cackled at the silly boy. “Want to see my room?” Baekhyun questioned, as he balled both his hands into fists. “Sure,” Chanyeol nodded his head, since he always wanted to see Baekhyun’s bedroom.

 

Baekhyun lead Chanyeol up to his bedroom, and shyly cleaned up some of the mess. Chanyeol’s eyes widened at pictures of him posted on Baekhyun’s wall, and the cute colored envelopes scattered on Baekhyun’s bed, plus the desktop screen. Baekhyun then remembered about his bowl of ice cream, which was slowly turning into a bowl of soup, but decided to offer anyways.

 

“Want some ice cream?” Baekhyun held the bowl up closely to Chanyeol. “Thanks,” Chanyeol scooped a spoonful of the soup ice cream, and slurped it up quickly. “I’m sorry if my room looks a bit creepy,” Baekhyun spoke up, with his heart beating so fast, he swore that it would pop out of his chest.

 

“You like me,” Chanyeol said in disbelief, as he walked up to check out the pictures of him on Baekhyun’s wall. “Yeah, it’s been a while since I have,” Baekhyun scratched his left eyebrow slighty. “You really, really like me,” Chanyeol continued on, and Baekhyun chuckled timidly.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help it, but just be filled with joy. His Baekhyun was into him after all, and everything that he’s seeing right now, just makes Chanyeol happier.

 

“Oh my god, you took a photo of me when I was asleep?” Chanyeol chortled at a derp sleeping face picture of him. “You looked cute,” Baekhyun hunched his shoulders, and Chanyeol blushed at the comment.

 

“Why did you cross out Baek Hee and Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol queried on, as he noticed the rest of the other pictures had red huge X marks on both his friends. “Because I’m into you, not them,” Baekhyun honestly answered.

 

Chanyeol turned around to face Baekhyun, and for the first time, Baekhyun felt scared. Chanyeol was now the man standing tall with huge confidence, as Baekhyun wants to hide in a hermit shell.

 

“If you liked me so much, why didn’t you tell me?” The sound of Chanyeol’s deep voice serenade so deeply into Baekhyun’s ears, he thought he could die from it. “I thought you were into my sister,” Baekhyun mumbled lowly, as he played with his fingers with a bit of guilt.

 

Chanyeol then reached out to touch Baekhyun’s hand, and for the first time, Baekhyun’s body felt the electric shock of wave flowing through his blood. Chanyeol’s touch was so gentle, so light; Baekhyun couldn’t help but like the boy even more.

 

Interlocking their fingers together, Chanyeol smiled down at the shorter kid. Baekhyun swore that he couldn’t breathe anymore, as the smell of Chanyeol was slowly roaming inside his bedroom. The sweet baby smell of Chanyeol has caught his breath, and Baekhyun felt like he had just drowned under it.

 

“Is that why you chose to bully me, but loved me secretly?” Chanyeol spoke lowly into Baekhyun’s ear, as he had leaned down to reach Baekhyun’s height. “Yeah,” Baekhyun gulped, feeling guilty as ever for bullying his lover. “Well, I guess that lead us to knowing that you like me, since I like you too,” Chanyeol grinned at Baekhyun, and soon pulled him into a hug.

 

Baekhyun was in shock to be in Chanyeol’s arms, but he didn’t care much for it. He finally got the man he likes, and it was much thanks to his sister Baek Hee.

“I’m sorry for bullying you, and pranking you with all those schemes. I wanted to show you that I didn’t like you, because your secret admirer was really into you,” Baekhyun apologized, hugging Chanyeol tighter. “Pfft, you’re so lame,” Chanyeol replied, and Baekhyun chuckled.

 

 

“Well aren’t we loners?” Jongdae sighed, as he sat with Sehun and Baek Hee, whilst watching the newly couples chat. “Hey, Jongin and I are going to grab ice cream later, want to join?” Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“Let’s do it as a double date, yeah?” Baekhyun suggested. “Oh, I like what you think,” Chanyeol said with a cheesy smile, and Baekhyun blushed. “I think I’m going to hurl,” Baek Hee said, as she watched everyone act lovey dovey.

 

“Do you feel weird hanging out with us now, noona?” Sehun asked Baek Hee. “Nah. I think I’ve found my replacement for Chanyeol and Kyungsoo,” she replied, and laughed. “Hey, we’re nothing like Chanyeol and Kyungsoo,” Jongdae snapped, and Baek Hee stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“I still can’t believe that Kai was jealous of me because of Kyungsoo. Like really?” Baek Hee chortled, as she exited out of the canteen with Jongdae and Sehun. “Well, you are the popular Baekhyun hyung, but girl version,” Sehun replied, and Jongdae cackled.

 

“You know what? You’re right. I am,” Baek Hee purposely brushed her hair back, and both boys laughed. “I think we’re going to enjoy having you around more than Baekhyun,” Jongdae said, and Baek Hee smiled at him. “You definitely will,” she replied with adding a wink.

 

fin.


A/N: I've just had this plot in my head forever, and am glad to have finally released it out. Thank you for reading. :)