Salute!!!

Salute!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was cooking for our dinner that time when someone hugs me from behind. I just curve a smile and hide it from him. I continue on my cooking. Tonight is a special night and I want it to be memorable. At least just this once, I can make it this time.

 

            As we walk to the dinning and dig-in, he reaches for my hand and smile at me. I could see his happy face; his lips curve in a big smile and his eyes are glowing. Even in a candle-lit dinner I can still see him clearly. He holds my hand tight, intertwine it; filling every spaces between our fingers.

 

            "Hon, this is the night that I might say, you are really amazing. I know I am not that vocal about my feelings but you never let me down. Even if I know sometimes you get jealous of what I do, you just shrug it. I am glad I have you." I blush when he traces my nose and then to my lips. He lean forward to kiss me; light and sweet kiss. I caress his left cheek and he reach for it to kiss it.

 

            I just hope this night will never end. But it doesn't mean that I wish for it would come true. Things have its way to work things out. And today, is one of those days that things won't let you have it.

 

            "I don't want tears, you know that." As I saw his eyes swell and ready to leak a tear. He shut his eyes, holding it back again but instead it fell on my hand that is still on his cheek.

 

            "I love  you, ____" then he kiss it again. "I'm afraid." He looks at straight into my eyes and it feels like piercing my heart. I tried not to cry.

 

            "I don't want to go but---"

            "It's your duty. A responsibility for your country and I am proud of you, Hon. My boyfriend will be in service." I salute him and he chuckle a bit. I mess with his hair. How I love missing with his hair and that made him laugh.

 

            "You really know how to mess with my emotions. I am trying to be dramatic here."

 

            "Well... Hahaha" I really at tears and dramas that is why I don't want to see others cry, especially him. I want to make him happy and to assure him that I will fine on the time he is away, so he doesn't need to worry about me. I don't want him distracted that is why I am trying to put up a good aura. I’m giving him positive energy by making him laugh.

 

            "_____, promise me you'll wait for me. 2 years." he did a peace sign. " 2 years is just 2 seconds, right?" he sat beside me and rest his head on my shoulder.

 

       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter