The Trouble With Twitter

The Trouble With Twitter

 

Eunhyuk glared at his laptop screen once more before slamming the top down and angrily tossing it on the bed next to him. About an hour ago, his boyfriend had been the one who told him to check Siwon's “funny” tweet. Never before has he been so pissed off by one of Siwon's attempts to wiggle his way into his and Donghae's relationship.

 

It was all over the Internet. “Super Junior's Choi Siwon introduces girlfriend on Twitter.” And of course, now every single fan out there was going to check their Twitters and search for the ever-so-famous tweet to find out who it was. Maybe it was another singer? An actress he met on set perhaps?

 

No.

 

It was a picture of Lee Donghae smiling his innocent and beautiful smile, photo-shopped so that he had long brown hair: aka “Lee Sunhae.” Siwon had had the nerve to transform Eunhyuk's boyfriend into a girl.

 

Under different circumstances, the blonde-haired dancer may not have been so upset about Donghae dressed up as a female (if those circumstances eventually led to certain bedroom activities), but this was just ridiculous. And as if things couldn't get worse, the others started tweeting in reply. Even Donghae left a cute reply asking if this was what he'd look like as a girl.

 

And on top of all this, it even made the news and had its own video on YouTube. Now anyone unfamiliar with the reality that Eunhae was the truth would think that Siwon and Donghae had some sort of extra-special relationship.

 

Don't my feelings matter? Eunhyuk wondered, still his bedsheets until his knuckles turned white. He didn't know whether or not to be mad at Donghae or Siwon. Wasn't Donghae supposed to defend their relationship? Not once had he heard the latter scold Siwon for his joke, not even in a playful manner. Donghae had simply let it pass and encouraged Siwon, made it seem like he had a chance. Eunhyuk frowned just thinking about it. Finally, he stood up, so confused that he didn't even turn off his precious laptop.

 

Well fine. Donghae can go play 'girlfriend' with Siwon. I don't care.”

 

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Eunhyuk couldn't help but feel hurt as he went to turn on a nice hot shower. A dejected feeling washed over him, and he began to consider the possibility that Donghae could like Siwon more than him. It's been proven that if someone chases after you long enough, you could develop feelings for them.

 

When he came back out of the bathroom in a pair of black sweatpants and a tight-fitting wifebeater, Donghae was sitting on his bed, having come back from his schedule. The younger singer smiled brightly when he saw Eunhyuk, and hardly noticed that he didn't receive the same cheerfulness in return.

 

Hey, Hyukkie! Did you see my picture on Twitter yet? I look so pretty and Siwonnie said he loves me!!” The oblivious brunette laughed and stood up to give his boyfriend a hug. “Are you...jealous...?”

 

But Eunhyuk already had his back to him and was walking towards the kitchen for some much-needed strawberry milk.

 

Oh come on, Hyukkie,” Donghae said, following the latter. “It's just a joke for the fans. I thought it was sweet that Siwon picked me out of all the other members.”

 

Eunhyuk nearly crushed the pink carton he was holding in his hand. “You think its sweet?”

 

Well sure! I mean Siwon is so good-looking, and even the fans are saying that we'd make a great couple.” He was about to add the fact it was all in good fun and that he thought the blonde was the most handsome man in his eyes, but the harsh glare Eunhyuk sent him got the words caught in his throat.

 

Oh really?” was the only reply from the older male.

 

Then he left Donghae standing in the kitchen, alone.

 

Not too long after, it was obvious that something was wrong with the famous Eunhae duo. They weren't talking. Sure, there was fanservice on stage, but behind the scenes and in the dorm, they hardly saw each other. Rather, Eunhyuk refused to speak to Donghae or Siwon.

 

The youngest of the three had no idea that his seemingly-innocent tweet had been the catalyst of the potential split of Eunhyuk and Donghae.

 

But the person who was most distraught over the recent events was Donghae.

 

Hyung,” Sungmin asked. “Have you seen Hae? Hyuk has been sulking all week and I was wondering if he knew anything about it.”

 

Well good luck trying to get it out of him,” Leeteuk replied, shrugging while pointing at his room's door. “I've been locked out of there all night. All I know is that he called Siwon over about something important, and shouted that no one go in.”

 

Do you think he and Hyuk fought about something?”

 

Who knows?” Sighing, Leeteuk started to walk toward the couch where Yesung and Ryeowook were watching a drama.

 

Debating whether or not to break down another door in their dorm, Sungmin settled for knocking. He received a prompt “Don't come in, Teukie hyung!” from inside.

 

Yah~ Donghae ah, it's Sungmin hyung. Open the door.”

 

No!”

 

I'll come in one way or another....” Sungmin stifled a scoff as he heard Leeteuk shout something from the other room about not damaging the dorm again.

 

F-Fine! But don't laugh.”

 

After the lock clicked back into place behind him, Sungmin looked up and clamped a hand over his mouth to keep from gasping, laughing, and choking all at the same time.

 

What the hell are you doing?”

 

Donghae's reflection in the mirror pouted over his shoulder as he tried to get the long brunette wig to stay situated on his head. He was wearing light pink skinny jeans and a yellow and white striped cardigan over a white shirt with ruffles on the front.

 

Why are you dressed like that?”

 

Turning around with teary eyes, the wig slowly slipping over his eyes, Donghae sat down on Leeteuk's bed. “I know Hyukkie thinks that I don't love him anymore because of Siwon's tweet saying that I'm his girlfriend. It was only a joke, but he took it so literally.” He fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. “So, I asked one of the stylist noonas to lend me my wig from the Beyonce stage during SS3 and some of the extra clothes they use for their female groups that I would fit in.”

 

But what does dressing up as a girl have to do with all that?” Sungmin asked, going over to fix the wavy brown locks from coming off the boy's head. He pinned the wig securely on Donghae and sat next to him.

 

I'm Lee Sunhae, and I'm breaking up with Siwon.”

 

Just then, said man was walking through the door that led into the dorm. Siwon looked around, spotting Eunhyuk sulking against the wall in the corner. “Hey hyung, have you seen Donghae?”

 

Glaring at the younger member, the blonde exhaled and said that he didn't know. The last thing he needed now was to witness his Donghae—was he even his anymore?—and the person who was stealing him away have a conversation. It had to be something urgent if Siwon was at the dorms this late.

 

He pushed himself of the wall and was about to go read comics in his room when Sungmin came out of Donghae and Leeteuk's room. Behind him was a very pretty... girl?

 

Eunhyuk's mouth dropped in shock once he got a glimpse of her face. And it wasn't a she at all.

 

It was Donghae.

 

Why the is he dressed up like a girl? And why is Siwon here? Don't tell me that he's serious about that whole Twitter thing! After he snapped out his staring, Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and continued walking down the hall. As upset and a little heartbroken as he was, he had to admit that Donghae all dolled up and wearing that wig that made him look like a princess was kinda hot. But he pushed those thoughts aside.

 

Blushing from the embarrassment, Donghae took a deep breath. “Wait, Hyukkie!” he called down the hall. “Come back!”

 

Why?” The blonde whipped around, a scowl across his face and specks of hurt in his eyes. “So you can humiliate me more? You already made your point that you don't want me anymore, so why rub it in, Hae?”

 

No, I'm not. Just wait.”

 

Still unable to deny Donghae anything, Eunhyuk stayed, arms crossed and eyes narrowed.

 

Gathering up his courage, the brunette bit his lip and turned to Siwon who was gaping at him unashamed. He bowed, long hair falling over his shoulders.

 

I'm sorry, Siwon. I've always loved Hyukkie, so I can't be your girlfriend.”

 

Both Eunhyuk and Siwon were speechless.

 

W-What?” Siwon stuttered. Never had he been so confused in his whole life. Then it clicked. His tweet from earlier. He had only been joking, well mostly. Donghae was kind of irresistible.

 

Sungmin smiled and patted Donghae's shoulder. He glanced over to where Eunhyuk was now entering his room and closing the door. He pushed Donghae, still dressed as Sunhae, in the blonde's direction.

 

Donghae carefully opened the door, relieved that it was unlocked. Eunhyuk had his back to him, his shoulders shaking.

 

Hyukkie?” Donghae took a step toward his boyfriend, who he thought was crying, and hugged him from behind. “I'm sorry if you thought that I didn't love you anymore because I made such a big deal about Siwonnie's message. I actually wanted to make you jealous. But I didn't want you to ignore me.”

 

Muffled noises were coming from Eunhyuk's lips, but they weren't from tears as Donghae had originally thought. A burst of laughter echoed in the room. Eunhyuk turned in Donghae's arms, gingerly caressed his neck behind the curtain of artificial hair, and kissed him hard on the lips. After a moment of ravaging the roof of the brunette's mouth, he pulled back and smiled.

 

You're kinda beautiful, you know,” Eunhyuk whispered. “Even as a girl. I'm sorry I got so upset.”

 

Donghae's cheeks flushed, reaching for the pins Sungmin had put in his wig. “So does that mean I'm forgiven?”

 

Eunhyuk grasped his wrists and kept him from taking the pins out. “I guess you can be forgiven, but you can't take this wig off yet.” He took his phone out of his pocket.

 

Out in the rest of the dorm, several ringtones beeped, signaling that someone had left some sort of message.

 

It was a tweet from @AllRiseSilver that read: Lee Sunhae is now my girlfriend. Sorry Siwonnie~^^

Above it was a picture of Eunhyuk with his arm around Donghae who was still wearing his wig. They were both smiling, Eunhyuk's only a little smug.

 

Sungmin shook his head and mumbled something about how Leeteuk was going to kill them and how they would get scolded by the manager for possibly tainting their idol image. But he too was smiling, glad that his dongsaengs had worked things out.

 

He headed for his room and sent Siwon a reassuring smile. The latter was still slightly in shock as he stared at his phone screen. “Don't worry. You can always find someone else.”

 

Siwon looked up from his screen and smiled back handsomely at Sungmin, his eyes following the other until he disappeared down the hall.

 

Don't get any ideas,” Kyuhyun hissed as he walked past his lonely hyung and into the room he shared with his boyfriend.

 

9/7/11