The Name of Love

The Name of Love (One Shot)

 

The lights start flashing.

The crowd goes wilder than before.

And the music is turned up.

 

Hah-mmmm… Hey, hey, hey!

Hah-mmmm… Hey, hey, hey!

 

Yes, they are Global Icon.

SimTong Entertainment’s rookie group has just debuted with their single Beatles. There was a lot of expectation growing up because of them, mainly from the press and K-Pop fans, due to certain rumors that said that this girl group would break the cute, y, girly stereotype, to come up with something fresh and brand new. And this was true, in fact: Global Icon is a Tomboy-style group.

Global Icon –or GI- is composed of five members. First of all, let’s introduce Ha Yeon, the oldest of them. She is one of the vocalists and also a rapper of the group. Then, we have One Ket, the main rapper and the choreographer of the group. Now it’s Eun Ji’s turn. Her voice, cute and beautiful, has made her part of the vocal line. AI, the next one, it’s also a rapper, even though she also collaborates on the vocals. And last but not least, let’s meet ARam, the main vocalist, the maknae with powerful voice that leaves you with your mouth hanging. Together, they give life to a group that wants to take part on this new generation of K-Pop music.

As they are performing, you can’t help but notice how gorgeous all of them are. Their flawless moves and voices show up the hard work and practice they had been through when preparing this song, just to make of it an awesome, brilliant hit, ready to step on the music charts and become unforgettable. Isn’t that the idea when you release a brand new song?

 

Biteureul jeulgyeo byeongllaeyong eobseo

Geureonikka geunyang I biteureul jeulgyeo

Miteseo wiro biteureul jeulgyeo

Biteul biteul biteul biteureul jeulgyeo…

 

Now, I’ve already introduced to you all the girls. But, can you recognize them at first sight? I guess your answer’s no. Let’s see then!

All of them are wearing the same sparkling outfits, golden or silver color. Even though all of them have short hair due to their style, there’s no problem into recognizing them.

The girl with blond, tied hair is One Ket.

The one with light brown, curly hair is Eun Ji.

The Tomboy with aqua hair is AI.

The one with purple hair is ARam.

And the last one, that’s wearing a cap so you can’t see her hair, is Ha Yeon.

Easy, isn’t it?

 

 Meossorige inneungeol da naege malhae

Ni gaseumsoge sumgingeol moduda kkeonae

Nannoraepara meogeunikka gajjaneun anhae

Anhae nan…

Fa-a-a-a-a-a-ake!

 

ARam’s high note echoes through the walls and vibrates on the loudspeakers, making the audience go crazy. This is the confirmation, after several months of training, that they are just starting a shining career into the music industry. They knew they could make it, because they trusted in themselves and in the things they could do. Now they are setting trends, and when the song finishes, the exciting screaming of the crowd label them as raising superstars.

 

 

 

“OK, Hyung, bye!” One Ket says as she ends the call.

Now they are inside a van, heading towards SimTong Entertainment’s building. ARam, Ha Yeon and One Ket are sitting in front of Eun Ji and AI, and the warm air that comes out of the air-conditioner keeps their foreheads with a thin film of sweat.

“What did he say? Did he see us on stage? What does he think of our performance?” the other members can’t stop shooting questions towards her group mate.

One Ket waits patiently until they stop asking, so she can tell them what is going on.

“I talked to manager hyung, and yeah, he saw us on Music Bank” she smiles. “He thinks we were completely amazing, and he expects us to be as astonishing as today when we perform on Show Champion next week!”

The five of them scream loudly, making the driver jump a little on his seat. They are bursting in happiness.

Well, all except one.

AI fakes a big smile in front of them, but she’s internally scolding herself. She thinks she didn’t leave a good impression on their debut, the day she was supposed prepared for, and that she could even do better if it wasn’t for her nerves. These thoughts disappoint her. Stupid girl, stupid, stupid me, she repeats on her mind. But it wasn’t her fault, after all. It wasn’t her fault to be nervous while singing, it wasn’t her fault to almost forget the lyrics of the song, it wasn’t her fault to feel like running out of the stage when all that pairs of eyes focused on her. Of course it wasn’t.

And also, it wasn’t her fault to be thinking about something else.

About someone else.

Shaving the painful thoughts away, her mind starts to wander about this certain person that was also on stage with her. Dancing, singing along with the music, leaving everyone amazed by her charms. Because, when you’re in love, you can’t help but to think about your crush every day, every hour and every single second.

And AI is so deeply in love…

With one of her label mates.

“Then, tell hyung this: If that day he thinks we didn’t make a good performance, he should search for a new job, ‘cause we will fire him for not knowing what perfection is!” Ha Yeon’s voice snaps AI out of her thoughts.

Everybody laughs at the girl’s statement, even AI does. But more than that, she enjoys one particular laugh, the one that turns to be music to her ears, the most beautiful melody composed ever. From the corner of her eye, she looks at the owner of this voice. She’s covering with the back of her hand while her purple hair sticks on her still sweaty forehead.

ARam.

“OK, girls, hands at the center!” One Ket says a bit too loud.

The five of them put their hands together somewhere in the middle, one above the other.

“Ready?” The blond one looks at each one of them. “1, 2, 3!”

“G-I!” All of them scream, throwing their hands into the air, almost smashing the van’s ceiling.

And the smile that is plastered on AI’s face, now it’s real.

 

 

 

Biteureul jeulgyeo byeongllaeyong eobseo

Geureonikka geunyang I biteureul jeulgyeo

Miteseo wiro biteureul jeulgyeo

Biteureul biteul biteul…

 

“Stop!” One Ket screams all of a sudden.

The rest of the girls groan as she makes her way quickly to the radio system and turns off the music.

“Unnie, please, can we stop for a while?” Eun Ji starts to complain. “We’ve been practicing for almost three hours! We know the song, why do you keep on doing this to us?”

“Because we need to make a good performance, even better than the first one!” exclaims the other. “We don’t want to disappoint our fans, right?”

“I feel like dying” says ARam, placing her hands on her hips while throwing her head back. AI, who’s sitting on the floor, looks at her with tired eyes, her arms supporting her body and her sweat making her way through her forehead.

“Well, you’re too young to die, baby ARam, and right now, dying is not a possibility” One Ket is still crouched next to the radio. “Are you ready for another round?”

All of them let out a heavy sigh as they return to their positions in front of the mirror of their practice room.

“Here we go!” One Ket presses the Play button and runs back to her position, too.

It’s the day before their showcase on Show Champion, and all the girls are excited because of this. Well, to be honest, they were excited. One Ket’s non-stop dancing session has annoyed them to the point of wanting to smash the radio against the wall, and also, smash her choreographer too. But they know she’s doing it with the best of intentions, so they try to keep up with her pace.

When One Ket’s solo part starts, AI starts to feel her head dizzy and her body heavier than before, but she doesn’t pay attention to it. She keeps on dancing like it’s something normal that happens to people. But while Eun Ji is singing her part, she feels a sudden pain on her head, so she stops moving. The air has gone out of her lungs and her vision is blurry. She can’t take it anymore, and neither her body.

“AI? Are yo-?”

She collapses on the ground with a loud noise.

“AI!” Her fellow members approach her immediately, forgetting about the dance completely, the music still going on. They kneel around her while trying to wake her up.

“AI, please, wake up! Please! AI!” All of them are checking on her friend very worried. This has never, ever, happened before.

“Let’s call an ambulance!”

 

 

 

AI doesn’t know why everything has gone black all of a sudden.

And the practice room? The choreography? Her friends? What’s going on?

Scared, she looks around, trying to find a light or something that could help her to find a way to escape, but the darkness is the queen and sovereign of this unknown place. So she starts to lose her hopes and wants to cry out loud. Her head hangs low with no force on its muscles.

And suddenly…

“AI.”

She looks up again.

“AI.”

Now she has no doubt: someone is calling her name. It’s a whisper, a soft, yet very loud in the quietness around, whisper. She turns everywhere, trying to find the source of the voice, trying desperately to get out of the darkness she has been trapped in. The voice keeps on whispering, but eventually, it starts getting louder and louder, and it echoes through her ears without even realizing it. It keeps getting louder, so she covers her ears in pain, trying to avoid the sound of her name, and she closes her eyes, even though all she sees is only black. But the voice has become an ear-piercing scream that makes its way through every inch of her body. It’s so hard for her to endure it so she falls down again, unconscious.

And the next thing she knows is that water is being splashed all over her face.

Choking, she opens her eyes quickly, water entering them immediately. She blinks a lot of times until her vision goes from blurry to normal again, and she gets used to the bright lights above her. When she looks around her, she sees some shadows. These belong to her group mates.

“There she is!” Ha Yeon exclaims happily, a pink bottle of water on her hand, raising her arms above her head. “She’s alive! Thank you, God!”

The others just sigh in relief.

“AI, are you OK? Can you hear me?” One Ket’s face appears in front of her, a worried expression plastered on her face.

The green haired girl smiles weakly.

“Hi there, Unnie.” she simply says.

The older smiles back as she looks up to her friends.

“She’s OK now.” she assures.

“You see, Eun Ji? We didn’t need to call an ambulance like you were saying” Ha Yeon talks to her Dongsaeng.

“But what if she didn’t wake up? Would you just leave her here, without doing anything?” replies the other.

“Girls, please, don't start with it.” One Ket interrupts them. “Yeonnie, Eun Ji just wanted to help, and it’s OK. She was worried, like all of us.” She stops for a moment before she continues. “Well, I think the practice is over. We’re running out of water, also, so I’m going to bring more bottles for all of us.” She stands up.

“I’ll go with you.” Eun Ji says immediately.

“Me too!” Ha Yeon’s voice is full of excitement.

“No, girls, we can’t leave AI alone here.”

“I’ll take care of her.”

Another voice speaks up. AI looks to her left when she hears that angelical voice.

The girl is crouched down next to her, wearing a black hoodie and red, baggy shorts.

The blond one looks at her before nodding.

“OK, ARam. Call us immediately if something happens. Arasso?” She points at her.

ARam simply nods.

Her fellow members make their way out of the practice room, looking for water.

AI keeps on staring at her crush without realizing it.

How can somebody be so perfect even when sweating like crazy and with tiredness showing on her eyes?

The other one looks down at her.

“Hey, you will bore holes in me if you keep your gaze all the time on me.” ARam’s voice brings her back to the real world.

AI laughs, but she ends up coughing. She covers with her arm.

“Whoa, girl, come here.” The younger helps her, sitting her on the floor. She pats her back until the coughs stop.

“Do you feel better?” Asks the purple haired girl to her Unnie. The other nods.

“Maybe you shouldn’t be seated on the floor. Come on, let’s go there.” She points to some chairs lined in the opposite wall to the mirror. Without receiving an answer, she helps her friend to stand up and leads her to one of the seats, where AI sits down heavily. Deep in thoughts, of course.

She’s so embarrassed. She can’t accept the fact that she just went unconscious with her loved one present. Now she must be thinking she’s weak and that she shouldn’t have joined the group if she cannot hold on situations like this one. Could this day get even worse?

“AI, your nose is bleeding!”

She hears this statement and, reflex action, her hand touches her nose and looks at it. Her fingers are covered of a deep red liquid.

Yes, it could.

“Don’t move, girl, I’ll take care of it.” ARam runs over to her bag and searches for something. When she comes back, she’s holding a pack of tissues.

“Put your head back.” She orders to AI.

Without even thinking, the older obeys. Her friend takes a lot of tissues out and starts cleaning her face. She cleans her nose, her chin, and a bit of her neck, where the blood had non-stopped running. But AI’s lips are still dirty. She keeps on cleaning them softly, but with every move she makes she slows her pace. Until she stops her task and removes the tissue of AI’s lips. She tosses it on the floor, her eyes never leaving her sight of the other’s face. She leans forward until her faces are just a few centimeters apart.

“AI…”

On the other side, AI just can’t help but to realize how beautiful ARam’s eyes are. She has seen them before, but she never took a closer look of them until now. She gets lost on that pair of gemstones…

And before she can control her impulses, she closes the gap between them and plants a kiss on the younger’s lips.

Is she feeling heaven right now? She can’t tell exactly. But maybe, just maybe, that’s the best description of it.

The other’s lips are just so soft and sweet and warm, the way she imagined them to be.  But more than that, the kiss sends electric shocks all over her body, and it’s hard for her to control the shivering that wants to dominate her. She is completely ignorant of what happens around her.

But then again, she doesn’t realize something important.

Nobody is returning the kiss.

And soon, she feels someone pulling her, separating their lips.

ARam takes a few steps back, her eyes wide open.

What are you doing, AI? What’s wrong with you?

These words bring back AI to the real world, and then…

Oh, no! What have I done?!

“O-oh, God! ARammie, I’m just… so s-sorry! I-I…!” She can’t find the words to explain what happened, neither for apologizing. She stands up and tries to reach the other, but the younger quickly steps back again, her eyes never leaving AI’s figure.

“ARam, I… I’m so sorry! I, uh, well, um…” Scratching the back of her neck, she tries once more to make work correctly, but without success.

Well done, AI, well done! Her mind shouts sarcastically. Now look what happened! You’ve ruined everything!

And she knows that’s right.

GI’s maknae raises her hand and touches her lips before staring at her fingers for what seems like forever. Then, she looks up, a shocked expression on her face.

“May I know why did you do that?” She asks, her voice surprisingly calm.

Upon hearing this question, the older blushes and looks away, avoiding ARam’s stare.

 “It was nothing.” she murmurs, more like talking to herself that to the other.

The purple haired Tomboy lets out a sigh and crosses her arms in front of her chest.

“AI, I know when you’re lying.” She assures. “So please, don’t make it even harder. Now, tell me.”

With her cheeks getting redder and redder as seconds go by, AI is the one that’s stepping back now.

“I told you, it was nothing!” She replies hysterically.

Letting her arms fall to her sides, ARam steps forward and towards her group mate.

“AI…” Now she sounds annoyed.

The other doesn’t answer and keeps on walking backwards.

“ARam…”

“Tell me.”

“I-I don’t…”

“Tell me.”

“What?”

“Why did you kiss me?”

“I didn’t kiss you!”

“Quit it now, girl, will you?”

“What?”

“AI, you know I’ve always been thoughtful towards you because you’re my favorite Unnie, and you know how I can get when people keeps on playing with me.”

In that moment, AI’s back hits the wall, and fear grows up fast and unmercifully inside of her.

“So, you better take my advice, and tell me.” ARam stops her tracks and leans against the other, very serious.

“Now.”

Without a way to escape this situation, AI knows she doesn’t have any options left but to tell her these feelings she has buried very deeply on her heart, hoping they would never get out. So, giving up her hopes, she looks in her friend’s eyes before speaking.

“I did that because…”

ARam, a bit impatient, leans even closer and puts her hands on the wall, imprisoning her Unnie completely.

“Because…?”

AI takes a deep breath and finishes her sentence.

“Because I like you.”

ARam’s eyes go wide again, and is hanging.

Oh, God, no, AI swallows hard.

“ARam?”

“You, you do?”

The hint of disbelief in the younger’s voice makes the rapper feel worse than ever.

“Y-yeah… I do.”

She can’t stand it anymore, so she looks down to her feet, noticing that the both of them have red Converses on.

Quietness takes over for a little. AI plays with her fingers while waiting nervously for the other’s response. But she doesn’t get one.

What takes her so long? She should just reject me, and it’s over! …Right?

Finally, she looks up.

“So wha-"

She gets interrupted by a pair of lips smashing against her own ones. ARam’s lips.

Surprised, she freezes at first, but immediately kisses back while closing her eyes slowly.

And just like that, her dream has come true.

She visualized a lot of times this scene, repeating it on her mind over and over again, but for her, it was just a fantasy, something unreachable for her, and she learned to live with it thinking it would never be true. But now, here she is, wrapping her arms around the other’s neck while barely noticing a pair of hands on her back and her hair, fingers intertwining on it softly, and moving in perfect synchrony with the other while sharing a long, passionate kiss.

After a minute or two, both of them tear apart, panting hard and their foreheads touching.

Looking into the other’s eyes lovingly.

Then, ARam speaks first.

“I’m so glad you have told me this… because I like you too, AI. A lot. And I didn’t know how to tell you about it. I thought you didn’t have the same feelings towards me, that you didn’t look at me with the same eyes I looked at you, that I wasn’t for you what you are to me.”

“Trust me, I thought the same way as you did.” AI says, smiling shyly.

ARam smiles back.

“I’m also glad to know that.” She giggles. “But now, I want you to know that I’m not planning to let you go. Never. I want you to stay with me like, forever. So, AI…” She lets their noses touch sweetly. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

AI’s heart skips a beat.

How long has she been waiting to hear that question from that certain pair of lips!

“Yes… Yes, I will!” She hugs the other tightly.

“Oh, AI, thank you. Thank you so much.” She hears ARam says happily while hugging her back.

And they share another kiss.

Losing the notion of time.

Not paying attention to anything that happens around them.

Until…

“HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!”

They break the kiss when this scream echoes through the walls of the practice room. The other members have returned and are staring at the couple’s actions. One Ket has a little cooler full of bottles of water under her arm.

“WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!” As usual, Ha Yeon is the one that gets shocked easily with things.

“Um… can’t you see, Unnie?” Eun Ji replies. “They are kissing.”

“I already know that!” the other says. “But what happened here while we were gone? Because, I don’t think people has the urge to kiss the others like it’s nothing.”

“Hm, well, that’s right” One Ket speaks.

ARam and AI look at each other before turning their heads back to their fellow members, without letting go of their embrace.

“Um, you see…” AI starts hesitantly, but ARam cuts her off.

“Now we are together.”

AI looks at her girlfriend surprised.

The others are also very surprised with the news.

“OH, MY GOD!” Again, Ha Yeon screams her lungs out, covering with her hands.

“Yay! Finally!” Eun Ji jumps childishly.

“It was about time!” One Ket smiles widely and puts the cooler on the floor beside her feet.

AI blushes and hides her face on her lover’s chest.

So they knew about her feelings all this time?

“I told you they loved each other, I told you!”

“I was starting to get sick because you weren’t able to tell the other how you feel!”

“That’s right. In fact, I wanted to grab you both by your hairs and shout in front of your faces for being such a pair of cowards and for denying what you felt for each other!”

“Yeah, I wanted to do the same.”

“And does that matter now? They finally did it! They finally are together!”

With her face still hidden, AI can’t help but laugh, and ARam just smiles and kisses her girlfriend on the head while their members are still celebrating between them and for the both of them.

 

 

 

The lights start flashing.

The crowd goes wilder than before.

And the music is turned up.

 

Hah-mmmm… Hey, hey, hey!

Hah-mmmm… Hey, hey, hey!

 

The day has come.

And this is Global Icon’s first performance on Show Champion.

It feels just like the first time.

The same excitement.

The same crazy, loving fans.

The same expectation.

But this time, something has changed.

It’s the union of the girls. It has grown even more and they have put their trusts on the others and in themselves. They can still remember their debut day and how they felt that time. Now they know what to do, how to do it and, the most important thing, they have learned from their mistakes so they are now better artists that before.

And they feel proud of it.

On backstage, Amber and Eun Jung, the MCs, are dancing to the music.

“Na, nana, na…” Amber tries to follow the lyrics.

“Oh, Amber, please!” Eun Jung hits her arm playfully.

“What? I like it!” Amber says laughing.

“You look like a little child, did you know that?”

“I AM a little child, wee!” f(x)’s Tomboy runs in circles around her friend.

“Gosh, what did I do to deserve this?”

 

 

 

Two weeks later, ARam wakes up when the rays of sun hit her face. Groggily, she opens her eyes and yawns, and then she sits on her bed and rubs her eyes. She looks at her clock, standing on her night table.

10:30 a.m.

What? She set up the alarm to ring at nine! Why did she not wake up?

And why were the curtains of her room drawn?

Puzzled, she gets up quickly and grabs her blue dressing gown that she left last night on a chair. She goes to the bathroom and follows her morning routine: she takes a shower, then washes her teeth, cleans her face, and then she dresses up with casual clothes. When she comes out, she notices her bedroom door is opened a bit.

And someone is spying her.

But quickly, this person runs off when she appears.

Eh? What the…?

She rushes to the door, opens it, and runs on the corridor at the same time someone shouts.

“NOW!”

When she appears on the living room, she finds her label mates in the middle of the room, with a big cake and lots of present surrounding them.

And they are singing.

 

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you…

 

In that moment, something inside ARam’s head clicks.

It’s her birthday!

How could she forget about it?

Laughing, she looks at her band mates singing for her, and when the song finishes, they all clap and scream.

“Happy birthday, ARam!”

One Ket approaches the maknae with the cake on her hands.

“Three wishes for you before you blow the candles!” She says.

Hiding a smile, ARam thinks for some seconds.

Three wishes…

And she knows what to wish.

Then, she blows the candles.

“Yay!” Her friends are clapping again.

“Open your presents!” Ha Yeon, hyper as always, hands her a gift wrapped in pink paper. “This is mine!”

So, they spend the next hour giving their presents to ARam and eating pieces of cake while sharing some stories and thoughts.

Once they finish, ARam starts taking pictures with her cell phone to her friends and her presents.

“Hey, save some captures for later!” Eun Ji says. “It’s time to go out!”

“Out?” ARam asks.

“Of course! Today’s your special day and must enjoy it as deserved!” Ha Yeon takes her by her arm and pulls her to their apartment door. “Let’s go!”

So, after arguing a little bit and disguising themselves with caps and sunglasses, they leave Sim Tong Entertainment’s building.

 It’s a sunny day and the breeze that runs around the city makes it even better. There aren’t too much people on the streets and you can hear some birds singing on the trees. It’s like the day has organized specially for ARam’s birthday. She smiles at these thoughts.

They reach the shopping mall, and that’s when ARam face palms herself mentally.

I should have known that.

She doesn’t like that much going shopping, but then again, she tries to find the positive side of it.

Well, at least I will spend a day with my friends.

So, they wander around the mall and enter almost every shop on it, even though they don’t buy anything. At lunch time they make a stop and go to ARam’s favorite restaurant. The maknae, in fact, is happy for it. She spends her time taking more photos of her and her friends, before making a collage of them and uploading it to Twitter.

Global Icon keeps on roaming through the mall until the day ends. They return to their dorm before the sun sets.

Tired, One Ket, Eun Ji and Ha Yeon go directly to her rooms, after wishing ARam she had a wonderful day. The maknae smiles and also heads to her room, but stops when AI stands in front of her, her cheeks of a soft pink color.

ARam circles her lover’s waist with her arms before pulling her closer and giving her a sweet kiss.

“Happy birthday.” AI says simply.

“Well, not that happy, though.” ARam replies.

“Hm, yeah, I know you don’t like shopping.” The other assures. “But we didn’t know what else we could do.”

“You could have asked me what I wanted to do.”

“Yeah, but we didn’t want to risk ourselves by asking you that.”

“Hey!” ARam lets go of AI and pouts.

AI giggles.

“Don’t do that, please.”

The younger just pouts even more.

AI tiptoes a bit and kisses the other’s pout.

“Come on, the day hasn’t ended yet, and, by the way, I have another surprise for you.” She says.

ARam stops pouting and raises her eyebrows.

“Really?”

“Yes, I do.”

“May I know what is it?”

“No.”

“Oh, please! As the birthday girl, I order you to tell me.”

The rapper just rolls her eyes before whispering something on the other’s ear.

And ARam’s eyes go wide.

“You must be kidding me.” That’s the only thing that comes out of after listening to her girlfriend.

“Do I look like I’m kidding?” AI looks at her innocently.

“I didn’t expect that from you.”

“I know.”

ARam looks at her in the eyes before pinning her against a wall.

“Then, give it to me.”

Taking it as her cue, AI kisses ARam with so much passion, her arms resting on the other’s shoulders. ARam lifts her up and places her hands on her thighs, while AI circles her legs around her lover’s waist, without tearing apart from the kiss. Opening one of her eyes to look at the dorm, ARam brings her to her room, shutting the door in the process.

What they didn’t know, is that One Ket has been spying them all the time.

She comes out of her room and knocks softly on Eun Ji’s and Ha Yeon’s door. The two of them come out quickly and follow her friend to ARam’s door, where they stop and start eavesdropping.

“Are you sure this will be something good to hear?” Eun Ji whispers.

“Oh, yeah, definitely, it will.”  One Ket answers softly before putting her index finger over her lips to signal the others to be quiet.

They don’t have to wait for long. Five minutes later, in which they heard some strange sounds coming from inside the bedroom, a scream makes its way through the quietness of the place.

“Oh, !”

The three of them step back clumsily, very shocked.

“OK, I admit I was wrong: that was perturbing.” One Ket speaks up. Ha Yeon and Eun Ji nod in agreement.

“So, what if we go to my room and watch a movie?” The blonde one suggests.

“Yeah!” The others say… in whispers.

They walk quietly back and into One Ket’s room, and the said one closes the door with a very soft click.

 

 

 

Some hours later, the girls are sleeping on their own rooms, since they have practice the next day.

Well, not all of them are sleeping, though.

On her room, ARam is lying on her bed, looking up at the ceiling, completely . Next to her, AI, also , lies her head on her girlfriend's chest, her arms wrapped on the other’s body and her eyes closed. Both of them are covered with the blankets of the bed, and breathing hard. The events of that night are still replaying on their minds, and they know these memories will turn into their most treasured secret.

“AI, I swear…” ARam starts. “…that this has been the best birthday present I have received ever.”

“Well, I wanted it to be special.” AI draws circles on her girlfriend’s stomach with her finger.

“It was more than special, you know?” ARam moves a bit so now she’s facing AI. She takes her hand into hers. “To be honest with you, it was one of my three wishes for today.”

AI raises her eyebrows.

“Really?”

“Well, not exactly.” ARam replies, playing with the other’s hand. “Can you keep a secret?”

AI nods, smiling.

“My three wishes had come true today. The first one was to spend time with my loved ones: my friends. The second one was that you and I are always together.”

AI blushes, and it’s not because of the heated up atmosphere.

“And the last one was to be loved.” ARam says softly, looking into AI’s deep eyes. “To know that you love me the same way as I love you. To be sure that, no matter what happens, you will always stand by my side.”

AI feels like crying when she hears ARam’s words.

“I will always stay next to you. I promise.” She says.

ARam caresses AI’s cheek with her hand, and the touch is so soft, warm and full of sincere love, that AI closes her eyes again and enjoys the feeling. She puts her hand over ARam’s, and intertwines her fingers with hers.

When she feels something moving, she opens her eyes and sees ARam closing the gap between them and pulling her closer to share another kiss.

“I love you, AI.”

“I love you too, ARam.”

They fall asleep into each other’s embrace, not letting the other go. Because, now, they aren’t just two girls in love with each other. They had become one body, one mind, one heart.

And the heart should stay where it belongs.

ARam and AI had become each other’s heart, so they can’t live without the other.

And that feeling has been growing inside them both, imprisoning them with no intentions of making them free. But they don’t want to, though.

Because it goes by the name of Love.

 

 

 

~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*​~*~*

 

Annyeong, my dear readers!

Finally, I could update! :D

It took longer than expected, though.

As I said, sorry for any grammar or vocabulary mistakes in the story. English is not my native language :)

I hope you had enjoyed this One Shot. Please, share it with your friends if you like it :D

And that's all for this time.

 

See you soon!

Saranghae <3

 

Janice Avery.