cherry blossom

That One Spring Day

 

 

 

 

That one spring day, where the petals of the cherry blossom tree fell because of the wind; one of the petals landed on her long, wavy hair. Giggling to herself, she delicately removed the petals from her hair.

And at the moment, without even her knowing, I took out my camera and clicked on the shutter, capturing the figure of an angel in front of me.

Probably because she heard a click, that made her head turned around towards me. Being in a panic situation, I put on an act and started taking random pictures there, hoping that she wouldn’t felt suspicious about me taking a picture of her.

As I was taking some random pictures, I could still felt her gaze on me and I stopped. I took away the camera from me and held it in my hand as I looked at her. She seemed flustered when I looked at her and I raised one of my brows.

“Can I help you?” I asked her. Thank goodness my voice didn’t cracked -.-

She seemed nervous as she played with her fingers and hesitantly to look at me.

“N-Nothing, I was just…wondering what pictures you took…” Her voice was really soft and gentle, almost audible. The way she looked at me with that feared look, made me chuckled. She seemed like an innocent little lamb. Cute.

I came closer to her and she fidgeted back a little. I stopped in front of her and sat on the grass that almost full with some of the fallen petals. She seemed to understand and sat beside me, with a gap of one meter.

I looked at her and gave an are-you-kidding-me look. She looked at me and frowned.

“What?” she said, innocently. I sighed.

“How do you expect to see the pictures with this ridiculous gap?” I said and she finally realized as she came closer a bit.

I took out the camera and showed the pictures one by one, starting from the last summer. Every picture she saw, she will be amazed and in awe.

“Wah! You’re very talented! Every picture you took had a lot of emotions and meaning behind it!”

She commented and it gave me a little blush. God, the way she said excitedly like a little kid, made me embarrassed. I kept on clicking the next button until I stopped at a picture of a cherry blossom, which I just took a while ago.

“Okay, that’s the end of it.” I said as I shut off the camera. She looked at me with disappointment on her face and pouted.

No matter how cute she looked that time, I couldn’t show her the next picture since…well; it was the picture I took of her secretly. If she saw it then, I will be hated by her, probably forever -.-‘

And no, I don’t want that to happen.

I didn’t say anything as I stood up and dust off the petals over me. She followed.

“Well then, I should get going.” I said to her, my heels and started on my track when I heard her shouting.

“Wait! I don’t know your name yet!”

I stopped but didn’t turn around to face her. A playful smirked was on my lips as I made a letter ‘L’ with my fingers and held it high for her to see. I could imagine she’s frowning.

“L…what kind of name is L?” I heard her saying and I smiled. Continued back on my track, I heard her shouted, “Ah, I’m Naeun by the way!”

Naeun… I replay it in my mind, like it was some song stuck in my head.

 

 

__*__

 

 

Say I dumb, stupid or something relevant with it. We only exchanged names and not phone numbers. God, how stupid I am for not asking her numbers! 3 days of not seeing her and I felt like a dog lost its most precious bone -.-

Even when I was working, taking a photo shoot for magazines or something, my heart was not fully in it. Sometimes, an image of her will appeared when I was taking a shoot of a model. It was weird though, this kind of thing, this kind of feeling. Never in my 25 years of living had I felt this kind of feeling. It was a really foreign thing to me.

That night, I decided to go back at the place where I met Naeun. The breeze was strong and cold until all the petals seemed like dancing in the air. It seemed magical and I took out my camera and captured it.

As I immersed myself on clicking the shutter, I was interrupt with a sound of someone crying. Now, I don’t want to think something ridiculous like there’s a ghost or something…it’s not, right?

The crying sound seemed to be near with where I was standing. Slowly, I walked forward to a particular cherry blossom tree and stopped there.

I looked behind the tree to see a girl with a familiar long, wavy black lock that was hiding her face. She was hugging her knees as she cried. I don’t know what to do except to call her name.

“Naeun?” I said, hesitantly.

Slowly, she lifted her head and looked at me. It was her, really her and not my vision this time. My chest tightened seeing her crying and was in pain. She sniffed.

“L…” she said, her voice was shaky.

Without even saying anything, I took off my jacket and put in on her shoulder. She blinked her eyes, innocently and confused.

“It’s cold. You will catch a fever with those thin clothes you’re wearing.” I said, coldly.

It’s not that I don’t want to comfort her, held her, hugged her, I really wanted to but I was afraid she will felt scared and uncomfortable. 

She didn’t say anything as she was staring at the ground.

Feeling that I’m not needed here, I turned my heel and was about to leave but halted when she suddenly tugging the hem of my shirt. I turned around.

“W-Would you keep me accompany?”

 

 

__*__

 

 

I don’t know what I was doing. I brought her back to my small, stuffy apartment. The way she asked, with that fragile, broken voice and with those teary eyes, made me couldn’t say no. Well, it’s not like I was planning to say no since it would seem like I decline a pot of gold. 

I went back to the sofa where she was sitting with two mugs of hot chocolate. I gave her one of the mug and she smiled while thanking me. I sat beside her since there’s only a sofa in my apartment -.-

We were silent the whole time and just sipping on the hot chocolate. It was such an awkward moment.

“Why your name is L?” she broke the silent with a rather obvious question. Of course, everyone will ask that kind of question.

“Well, it was exactly a name I use for working.” I told her but she seemed rather confused with all the frowning she had.

“You see, I’m working as a photographer, as you may know. Since I want people to remember me easily, I use the letter ‘L’.” I explained to her in more details. The frown on her face seemed to be disappeared as she was lost in thought.

“But why ‘L’?” she asked again, this time tilting her head a little.

I shrugged. “I don’t know. It just came to me, maybe because I love the letter ‘L’? Who knows.”

She nodded her head as she made an ‘O’ shape with .

“So, what’s your real name then?” she questioned me again.

“Myungsoo.” I told her.

“Myungsoo…then, nice to meet you,” She said while grinning childishly. A gaggle of laughter escaped her lips, I was too.

We stopped laughing and our eyes met accidentally. The silent came again but it was not that awkward silent anymore. It was a rather comfortable one.

I felt that my heart will burst since it was beating too fast. She looked away and broke the contact. Her cheeks were glowing in red. I cleared my throat awkwardly.

“So…why are you crying?” I asked her, suddenly. She seemed a little bit surprised. At first, she looked a little confused but soon understood what it was.

“I-It was nothing. Just a little argument with my father, that’s all.” She said as her mind was preoccupied.

Maybe she felt suffocated with hiding her emotions when she suddenly told me her problem.

“My father…he wants me to be a doctor and said that I should get into the medical department but, I don’t want to. I have always like art, or drawing to be precise so, obviously I want to be in the art department. Besides, I have never like dealing with people live and organ. It’s…scary.”

I was listening to all of her confession while looking at her. I could see she felt guilty and in burden at the same time.

The end of my lips slightly curved upwards as I’m saying: “You know you could show him how passionate you are in art.”

She turned her gaze to me with a frown. “What did you mean?”

“I mean, you could like ask him to hear you for once and show every work you have done.” I told her.

I don’t know if it’s convincing or not since…I’m not that good with words and inspiring people.

The frown on her had changed to a smiling, happy Naeun. She clasped her hands as she said to me: “That would probably work! I should try it tomorrow!”

I smiled, seeing her happy mood back.

After that, we talked for a while and sometimes, the silent came; a pleasant, comfortable silent.

Maybe because of we were in our own world, we both didn’t realized it was past midnight already and at that time, I was talking about something photography related, not to be surprised.

“And there’s this one guy, his name is –“

I stopped when I felt a sudden weight on my shoulder. I glanced at my right and saw that she was already sleeping. I smiled. Her energy must be drained from all the crying and emotions she had today.

Gently, I brushed away the hair that covered her face. If I had my camera, I would capture this perfect angel sleeping.

My heart was beating fast. Weird, it’s the second time today and it felt like I was running in a marathon or something. I stared at her face and took notice of her small button nose, long eyelashes and the pink, thin lips; the perfect definition of an angel.

Slowly, I brought my face closer to her and kissed her lips, gently.

 

__*__

 

 

So, almost two weeks had passed since the last time I saw her. That morning, she had already gone home without even saying anything except for a note saying thank you. How cruel she was, leaving without saying anything but a note -.- And the fact that she didn’t wrote her phone number…

Lately, I have been going to the cherry blossom place, every night, wondering if she will come or not. But no, she never came.

It was 3 p.m. and I was lying on the sofa, lazily as I was holding the camera, browsing through the pictures I had captured. I stopped at one particular special picture. It was the only picture of Naeun I had.

I stared at it for a moment as I reminiscing that memorable day. I put the camera on the coffee table and draped my hand over my eyes. I miss the way she laughed, the way she frowned, the way she talked; I miss all the things about her.

The train of memories was interrupted with a knock on the door. Lazily, I got up and dragged my feet to open door.

My heart stopped when I saw a figure, the person whom I missed the most. She was smiling, showing her pearly white teeth.

“Long times no see, Myungsoo!” she said, cheerfully.

I chuckled, even though it was a bit stiff. Oh god, you never know how badly I wanted to hug her and told her that I had been missing her.

I told her to come in. She was sitting on the sofa as I brought two glasses of apple juice. I gave one to her.

“So, what’s make you come here today? An argument with your father again?” I asked her. She shook her head as she put her glass on the coffee table and looked at me with a happy grin.

“I am now a part of the student in the art department!” she squealed. I looked at her with my mouth slightly ajar.

“Really?” I said as I put the glass on the table as well. She nodded her head, enthusiastically.

“I followed what you said and boom! He agreed!”

Wow, I have never thought that that kind of way would work.

“Congratulation Na –“

My words were cut because of the sudden hug by her. “Thank you so much for helping me.” I heard her said to me. My body felt numb by the sudden touched but soon at ease as I return her hug.

“You’re welcome.” I replied with a smile.

We stayed like that for a few seconds until she pulled away, awkwardly. I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck, feeling a slight embarrassed of what happened a while ago.

“Oh, you must have some new pictures by now!” she suddenly said, grabbing the camera that was on the coffee table.  I soon realized that I haven’t turn off the camera yet and the fact that it was showing that picture!

“W-Wait!” I tried to stop her but it was too late, really late.

Her eyes were widened and was a slight agape as she looked at the picture, in shocked and probably horror?

I’m dead.

I snatched the camera from her and sighed. She was staring at me with one of that how-what-why kind of look.

“Don’t get the wrong idea. I wasn’t stalking you it’s just, you looked so beautiful that time, like an angel,” carefully, I arranged the words so she wouldn’t be misunderstanding. “It was such a waste to not capture that moment so, I did. I know it’s wrong to take someone picture without permission. I’m sorry.” I apologized to her.

She didn’t say anything besides kept staring at me and so, I continued. “If you feel uncomfortable and want me to delete it, I will. Even though I don’t want to since it was such a beautiful picture and the most precious one for me too.” I finally confessed to her. Well, not literally but…kinda.

Again, she didn’t respond and kept on staring at me. I was wondering if there was something on my face ._.

I sighed. Since she didn’t say anything, I assumed she wanted me to delete.  As I was about to click the delete button, a sudden soft lips came in contact with mine.

I froze, my body felt numb. We stayed like that for a few seconds until she pulled away. Her eyes immediately landed on the sofa. I tried to interpret what just happened and looked at her, confused and in dazed. Her cheeks were glowing with red.

“I-I don’t mind though… To be honest, that day when I saw you taking pictures, I had fallen for you. It was love on first sight, no doubt. I don’t know why I’m attracted to you…” The way her voice sounded when she was confessed to me was smooth and delicate like a silk. A gaggle of laughter escaped from my lips as I put the camera on the coffee table.

I grabbed her hand, making her came closer to me and put her on my lap. I heard her shrieking when I did that. She wanted to get away but I didn’t let her as I s my hand around her waist. Only that time, she stayed quiet.

“So, you want to know why you are attracted to me?” I said with a smirk, in her ear. The burning red of her cheeks clearly could be seen. Slowly, she nodded.

“Well, one thing for sure because of my handsome look.” I said, full of confident.

She was laughing when I said that but nether less, she still nodded in agreement.

“How about the next one?” She asked as she turned her head towards me, with a tinted of rosy pink on her cheeks and a smile plastered on her face.

“Hmm, how about you tell me,” I said as I poked her nose, which made her giggled.

She scrunched her nose as she was in deep thought. God, she’s cute.

“Hmm, the way you’re capturing the picture?” she said as she tilted her head a little and then she continued. “Because, there would be an aura around you when you’re in photographing mood, like a mysterious aura? Yeah, that’s it!”

I chuckled hearing her answer. “Mysterious aura, huh? Okay then, acceptable.”

She then, clapped her hands like a five years old getting a balloon. Since she looked so cute that time, I couldn’t resist myself as I took the opportunity to kiss her lips and she stopped…or froze.

 Pulled away from the kiss, while smirking I said, “Make that our third kiss.”

She was still in dazed with the blush she had on her cheeks. It took her for a while before she could interpret what I said. She was frowning and said: “Third? Isn’t it the second?”

“Well…I secretly kissed you when you’re sleeping,” I told her, smirking. She gasped.

“I thought it was a dream!” she shouted, in disbelief.

I chuckled and shook my head. “Nope, it’s not a dream.”

She pouted and I heard her murmured: “I thought I was crazy for dreaming that that night…”

I smiled. “Well, you’re not but you are crazily in love with me.” I replied as I’m leaning closer to her for another kiss.

The fourth one and the longest one...yet

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

A/N:

orz, this is....longer that I expected tbh -.-' It's my first time doing this...fluff thingy so...sorry if it's bad ;~~~;

lol, Anyway, I hope you enjoy it :3 Tell me what you think~

 

and for PinkFinite especially MyungEun shippers! Let's stay strong together and being positive always! \(^O^)/