Right or Wrong Choice

Sequel: When Everything's Regretful

As soon as I reach home, I run into my bedroom, lock the door and cry my eyes out. The moment I walk away from Dylan, I know I have done something wrong. I know that I will regret my decision.

My phone vibrates and I look to see who is calling. It is Onew. I take a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hello?" I say, trying to sound normal.
"Hey babe. I'm outside. Let me in." Onew requests.
"Okay." We hang up and before I let him in, I stop myself from crying further.

I open the door and see Onew standing with a smile. It is not the normal, everyday smile but rather a comforting one. I wonder about whether he knows about my break up. We enter my bedroom and I close the door.

"So..." I start.
"So....." He continues.
"What's up?" I sit on my chair while he sits on the edge of my bed.
"Minho's not talking to you, huh?"
"He told you?"
"No. I just know. It's kinda obvious, I guess. What happened?"

I sigh and stand up to sit beside Onew. I face him and start to speak.
"Jonghyun and I....."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Jonghyun? That Jonghyun?"
"Yeah?"
"Ooookay. Continue."
"See, Minho got mad because he thought I wanted to get back with Jonghyun."
"Do you?" 
"I..... think so. I mean, it's hard with Dylan and all."
"You're not planning to break up with Dylan for Jonghyun, are you? That'd be such a mistake."
"Argh. Onew, don't make me feel worse!"
"What? You really broke up with Dylan for Jonghyun? Damn, girl. What were you thinking?"

This time, I get a little agitated. Why don't they want to give Jonghyun another chance?

"I was thinking that I could go back to Jonghyun and start anew."
"After he cheated on you?"
"Onew, please. He deserves another chance."
"Who? Dylan or Jonghyun?"
"Jonghyun!"
"Sorry, babe. Even if I try my hardest, I can't accept someone who hurt you and made you cry." Onew shrugged.

I lay on my back and Onew followed. The two of us lay on my bed side by side, not speaking a word.

"I really did make a mistake, huh?"
"Ice cream?"

I laugh at his suggestion and suddenly, my phone rings. I look at the screen and see Dylan's name and a picture of us together. I am shocked because of his call but I am hoping that he calls me to take me back and forget about whatever happened. Onew gestures me to answer the call and I nervously press the answer button.

"Hello?"
"Babe? Hi! How are you doing?" He sounds drunk.
"Dylan? Are you okay? Are you drinking?"
"Oh come on. It's just a few drinks. I'm on my way home now, don't worry!"
"Wait, Dylan. Are you on the bus or are you driving??" I start to panic. Is he drink driving and talking to me on the phone at the same time?
"I'm driving. I hate the bus. Anyway, baby, I've missed you so much. You know, the second you walked away from me, I thought you were gonna turn around and say that you were just playing a prank on me but hey, you didn't!"

My heart aches when I hear those words. I should have done that. I should have turned around and said, "You got pranked, Dy! Why would I ever wanna break up with someone as perfect as you?"

"D! Stop driving. You're gonna get into an accident!"
"Let's meet at your house, kay? I want you back, baby. I really do. I love you so..... SH*T."

And I hear unexplainable loud sounds. It can be heard from my bedroom and I quickly look out of the window. I cannot believe what I am seeing. I do not want to but right in front of my eyes is Dylan's badly damaged car. He drove right into a big tree in front of my house. Onew gasps and runs out to see Dylan. Onew calls the ambulance and calms the crowd that is forming around the crash scene.

My eyes start to tear.
Is Dylan okay? He should be, right? Nothing will happen to him.

I run out too and see Dylan's face being covered in blood. His lower body is trapped in the car while his upper body is on the road. He smiles when he sees me. I go to him and gently lift his head to my lap.

"D.... You're not gonna leave me, are you? Please don't. I'm sorry." Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I cup his face his my hand. He just lay there, giving me his bright smile.
"Babe, I'm never gonna leave you. Why would I when I love you so much?" He says, gritting his teeth in pain.
"D, don't talk. Please. Just hang in there. Please. I love you, D. I really do."
"Here...." I see something sparkling in his bloody hand. I take two rings out and realise that they are our couple rings. That makes me cry even more. I hold on to them tightly in my other hand.
"Keep mine for me, kay? As long as you.... have that, I'll always be with you..." Dylan starts to speak slower and I know what that means.
"Dylan, baby. Hang in there. The ambulance will come soon and you'll be fi-"

He gives me another smile before he closes his eyes slowly and his body suddenly becomes lifeless. I try to shake him to wake him up but nothing happens.

No, it cannot be.
Dylan cannot be dead.

"I'm sorry, babe." Onew whispers into my ear and my arm gently.
I begin to let out a loud cry and as I hold him close to me;

I wish I did not make the wrong choice.