End

[ONE SHOT] Rabbits

AJ lied down flat on his bed, pulling his blanket up to his face. His whole body was totally exhausted.

-Yah! Kissipie! Are you gonna sleep or what? -AJ nagged

As fast as a lightning, Kiseop gathered all of his stuff neatly, turned off the lights and cuddled into the blanket with AJ.

-Jae ah! -Kiseop whispered. -I'm going to raise rabbits!

Without paying any attention to the matter, AJ roughly said 'uh huh', pulled Kiseop closer then dozed off.

*****

The next morning, because something had cropped up, AJ arrived at the hair salon later than the members. As he entered the salon, he immediately saw Kiseop, Kevin, Dongho and Hoon examining something excitedly. AJ didn't seem to care and walked to where Soohyun was sitting, who was filled with boredom, letting the stylist do whatever she wanted on his hair.

-Jae! -Although Soohyun was bored, his voice was a lot louder than AJ wanted it to be.

AJ answered sluggishly:

-Hyung!

-Rabbits...- Soohyun sighed, pointed his hand toward the others.

-Rabbits? -AJ looked at Soohyun's finger direction.

-RABBITS! -Soohyun answered, obviously annoyed.

-Rabbits!!!! How the hell are rabbits involved this early morning?

AJ decided to ignore the problem, sat down on his chair, put his legs on the table, waited for the hair stylist to come. Suddenly, he felt warmth at the back of his neck. Turning around, he saw the examining-group earlier staring at him like he had just terrorized the minds of innocent people. 'What the hell are they looking at? Did i do something wrong?'-He thought.

*****

Late at night, the members had just finished their schedule and were about to go back home and have dinner. The food battle between Dongho and Eli was starting to intensify when the doorbell rang. Normally, they'd do "Rock Paper Scissors" to decide which one of them had to open the door, but that night, Kiseop jumped straight up, ran over to the door.

A while later, he came back with a cage in his hand, super excited. Kevin squeaked happily, Eli and Dongho automatically stopped the lame fight. Quickly- except for AJ and Soohyun, who were still focused on their dish-they gathered around the two rabbits that Kiseop just brought home, mouthedly gossiping about it.

-Ah! Dongho likes the white one!!!! This one has black ears. -Dongho yelped.

-In your dreams! The black one is cuter. -Hoon stated.- It looks more fascinating and unique. White ones can be found almost anywhere.

-Who says? -Kevin argued- I saw a black rabbit on a commercial before.

-Commercials are not trust-worthy -Hoon muttered.

Meanwhile, Soohyun had just finished his dish, stretching his arms and legs like a kitten under the sun.

-See that? Rabbits! -Soohyun exclaimed.

-Rabbits... -AJ nodded, seemed to have not taken his eyes away from Kiseop's extremely happy face- RABBITS!!!! -then screamed.

-Rabbits...?! -Soohyun inched away from AJ and stared at him.

Without saying anything to explain the terrifying scream he had just made, AJ left his dish unfinished then went straight to his room, covered himself with the blanket and pretended to sleep.

An hour later, when AJ was playing his goddamn boring games on his phone, Kiseop crawled up next to him, cuddled with him under the blanket.

-Jae ah~ You haven't seen the rabbits... -Kiseop smiled innocently.

-Go sleep with your rabbits! -AJ turned to the wall, didn't even look at Kiseop.

-No way! -Kiseop was still giggling- But they're really cute! Hehe, I'll let you raise them with me, no need to be jealous or anything.

-Who said i was jealous of the rabbits? -AJ's voice had a little bit of annoyance.

-Huh? So you were jealous of the rabbits, not me? -Kiseop smirked.

-Just sleep!! -AJ pulled the whole blanket over himself and pushed Kiseop out of bed.

Kiseop is a virtuous person, but when it comes to matters like that, he's the king of stubborness. He let AJ be and went to get his own blanket, then lied next to AJ again. He believed that AJ wouldn't nag anymore if each person had his own blanket.

And he was right.

*****

AJ's phone ringing non-stop made it difficult for him to sleep. He reached for his phone, which was on he ground, read through the messages with half-closed eyes. They were from Kiseop:

"Jae ah wake up! Take the food for the RABBITS in the cupboard and feed them for me. Kissipie"

At first, AJ thought it was just a regular wake up call. But when he saw the cappital word RABBITS, he just wanted to beat the hell out of Kiseop. He then called Kiseop to nag him. Within just 3 seconds, he picked up:

-What's wrong? It's in the second...

-Your rabbits? Go feed them yourself. -AJ said, then hung up.

Leaving his phone in his bedroom, AJ went to brush his teeth. Even in the bathroom, he could hear the phone ringing. He knew it was Kiseop. He didn't care. Kiseop must have been on the verge of tears because of AJ's attitude. But served him right. He couldn't even take care of himself, let alone 2 rabbits. Rabbits, not dogs or cats, are the hardest pets to raise in the whole world.

*****

Kiseop totally freaked out. His pets hadn't eaten for too long. They just stared at the dish with no interest whatsoever. Kiseop looked at them helplessly. Unfortunately, he was at home, all alone. When he needed the others, they just disapeared without saying anything.

-Please... Eat... -Kiseop sighed.

-...

-You two must behave, or i'll tell your daddy.

-...

-Are you gonna eat or what!!!? -Kiseop threatened -Where's my phone? I'm calling your daddy.

-...

He was about to dial AJ's number, but suddenly stopped.

-Oh! I forgot! AJ's mad because of you two. He hasn't picked up since morning...

-...

-What should i do??

In the end, it was impossible to reach AJ so he started texting. He sent the messages to six people, but he was sure, Dongho wouldn't be the first one to answer.

''Help me! I'm dying..."

-Aish! Pressed 'send' by accident. I haven't finished yet. -Kiseop blamed himself for being too impatient.

"Don't misunderstand, it was just..."

The phone vibrated like crazy. Kiseop answered immediately. He hadn't even opened his mouth yet when AJ asked accumulately:

-Rabbits? Stay where you are! Don't move.

Then he hung up. Kiseop didn't dare to budge. He thought he would be totally donefor when AJ got there. He would be like "You're too clumsy to raise rabbits" etc.

Three minutes later, AJ stormed into the room at Kiseop's surprise.

-How did you arrive so quickly?

AJ didn't answer, he just rushed to the cage, put the rabbits in and locked it carefully. He came into the bedroom and brought out with him a jacket, a woolen hat and sunglasses then gave them to Kiseop.

-Put them on. Then come with me.

Kiseop did what AJ told him. He was about to ask AJ where they were going, but having looked at AJ's furious face, he decided it was best not to.

Actually, AJ didn't understand why he was so tensed up about Kiseop's annoying rabbits. Maybe it was because after reading Kiseop's messages, AJ felt like he was sitting on fire, like litterally.

Now that he had felt more assured, the rabbits were the ones to be worried about, not Kiseop. All they had to do is to bring the rabbits to the vet. Fortunately, AJ had thought of this beforehand, so he had done a survey on different nearby vetting places. He thought it would be safer if he himself was the one doing the work, as nothing that came into Kiseop's hands could come out right.

Having brought Kiseop and the pets to the place, AJ let Kiseop talk to the vet while he waited. After reading all of the lame magazines with posters and stories about them, he saw Kiseop walk out, a part of him seemed relieved.

-Jae ah! -Kiseop stuck out his hands -I forgot my wallet!

AJ stood up with the cage in his hand:

-I already paid. -Then he walked straight to the door.

Kiseop chased after, yelling:

-Jae! Wait for me!

He shouted the hell out of himself, but AJ kept on walking, didn't even turn around or likely to stop.

-Kim Jae Seop!!!

Without response, Kiseop sat helplessly on the pavement.

AJ stopped, turned around and saw him sit there doing weird things with his hands. He didn't even care about the passerbies who were staring and pointing at him.

He then lifted his head and looked at AJ:

-Do you hate rabbits?

-I don't... -AJ was looking for a genius excuse.

-You should say it. Don't be like that. -Kiseop started to play with his own shoe laces.

AJ sighed, silently went over and sat next to Kiseop. 'He obviously knew', AJ thought. So Kiseop wasn't too dumb to notice after all.

-So what? -AJ patted Kiseop's back.

-What if i give up raising them?

-You love rabbits. -AJ didn't seem to be surprised. Kiseop had always been afraid that he was annoying other people.

-But you clearly hate them. -Kiseop pouted.

As if Kiseop was reading through AJ's mind.

-Who said i hate them? -AJ scolded -Was it that mean Dongho? Or Eli? Hoon Min? Don't tell me it was Soohyun hyung.

Kiseop stood there, stupefied at AJ's reaction. A second later, he put on a broad smile:

-You not hating rabbit is all i need to hear. I already let you raise them with me. You take the black one and the white one is mine. Don't be jealous.

-I wasn't jealous -AJ was half pouting half smiling.

-Fine. I'll let you name it too. Okay?

-What name? It's just a rabbit. -AJ really didn't know what to think of Kiseop.

-It calls you daddy. -Kiseop innocently stated.

-Daddy? -AJ glanced at the cage -Then the mommy... -He stared at Kiseop.

-Huh?

-Never mind. -AJ figured something out.

'If you love someone, love even their toothbrush.'

*****

A few days later...

Eli was struggling in the kitchen for a long time, finally finished his cupcakes. Holding the cupcakes while his mouth was chewing open, he came into the living room, ready to watch some TV.

-Wait. Don't. It's our kids' Pororo time.

AJ flew to Eli, snatched the remote control from him.

-What kids? -Eli scanned around the house.

-Your mommy shouldn't have let you guys watch this. Daddy thinks this cartoon too, but the OST is good...

-Yah! -Eli almost choked himself up when he saw 2 rabbits sitting comfortably on AJ's lap. -RABBITS!!!!!!!!

-Shut up please! -AJ flicked his hand.

They're just rabbits, not monsters.

~End~