The Gift

The Gift (100 Words) (Edited)

 

-- Pet

In the club, with low lights, a mellow music was being played by the live band with the soft sweet voice of singer Baek Ji Young can be heard so clearly throughout the place.  The place was unusually quiet for a Saturday night. Sleeping peacefully in his own corner booth was the reason. 

The rarest among the rare creatures, and maybe the only one in the world, the most loved, cherished precious pet of the family who owned the club. He had been with them for many generations.

A gift  the family had treasured, and would do anything to keep. 

-- Closed Door

There was a closed sign at the front of the club, but there was soft music that can be heard coming through the closed door.They knew this happened from time to time, when the place was closed for private occasions or celebrations. The usual Saturday crowd who wanted to go in was a little peeved by it. It was the place to be in with the in-crowd, the best club in the whole city, and it had the best bands, best DJs, best singers, best food, and great drinks. 

They looked at the door with scorn, and walked away.

-- Phone Call

The private phone under the counter rang and the bartender answered it at the second ring, knowing it could be anyone of the owners. 

"Hello, good evening. Kai speaking."

"Kai, is he there, what is he doing?"

The familiar voice of Se Hun on the other end.

"He is sleeping, sir."

"You closed the club, I'd assume." 

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Let the band play only his favorite songs. Are his bodyguards with him there?"

"Yes, sir, they are here."

"They are not drinking, are they?"

"They are only having water, juices, and soda, sir."

"Call me when he wakes up."

-- Woke Up

A few hours had past, the one every one's waiting for finally woke up drowsily to the beautiful warm voice of Ali singing in the background.  Still half-awake in a comfortable position,  Lu Han slowly opened his eyes and listened to the song. After a few minutes, he then unhurriedly sat up and trained his eyes towards the stage. With an instinctive reflex, he yawned several times, while blinking a couple of times, and while rubbing his stomach. He can feel it growling. People noticed him, but did not approach to enable him to fully wake up on his own. 

-- A Call

It's already midnight,  and most of the staff were already there by late afternoon preparing for the Saturday crowd that they expected will come.  In the midst of their preparations he walked in with his bodyguards.  A staff led them in, while the others continued with their work.

After a few minutes, Kai picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

Kai spoke, "Sir, I called to inform you, he just woke up."

"Good." Silent for a minute,  "He's probably hungry, order some take-out, what ever he would like to have, and as well as his bodyguards, just keep the receipts." 

"Yes, sir."