Kim Kibum (Key)

Will You Marry Me?

Disclaimer: I wish I could marry all of them but sadly, I cannot even marry one. :( Proposals are mine, I only check Google the way any man or woman would if they plan to propose to someone they love.

 

I knock on her door at 9 in the morning, ring box hidden inside my bag, underneath everything I brought for today. I hope this all works out. I don’t know what I’d do if it doesn’t.

 

“Good morning, beautiful! How’s your day so far?” I asked her.

 

“Well oppa, it’s just a little bit greater now that you’re here.” She said.

 

“Well it better be!” I answered. “So are you ready for what I have planned today?”

 

“Yup! Are we really not going anywhere?”

 

“Yes. Everything were going to need today is inside my bag. Let me just put it down so I can show you.”

 

“Okay.” She answered with a smile on her face. “I’m excited.”

 

I stepped into her living room and put down my bag. I opened it and started taking out things. I brought out a tin box, a Polaroid camera, and a wooden box.

 

“What’s all that for?” She asked me.

 

“I was thinking we should make a time capsule filled with things from our relationship. In this wooden box, I have movie tickets, notes that you’ve left me over the years, and of course pictures. Do you have anything you might want to add? Unless you want to just lie around and watch a movie, that’s okay too I guess.”

 

“No, no, I think this is a cute idea! I have a few dried flowers, movie tickets too. Of course I have pictures but I have a feeling you have that all covered.” She said while chuckling a little. “They don’t call you Key-mera for nothing.”

 

“So I was thinking we can maybe look at everything together to decide what to put in. It’ll also let us take a trip down memory lane.” I said, a little nervously. If she ends up deciding not to do this and to watch a movie instead, all my plans will be ruined.

 

“Hmm, okay. So where do we start?”

 

“Oh how about this picture?” I said, holding up one of us sitting on the beach looking at the sunset. “I think one of my members took this one. Do you remember? This was our first vacation together as a couple. If I remember right, everyone took their girlfriends along. This was one of the best nights of my life. I had my friends, a little soju and the girl of my dreams by my side.”

 

“Aw, that was a great memory for me too. I’ll always remember just how much crazier SHINee turned out to be away from all the cameras. Who knew? Oh how about this one?” She said, pulling out a picture of us with wide grins underneath a Christmas tree. “This was when I couldn’t go home for Christmas because it was snowing too heavily and you decided to make it the best Christmas I could ever hope for. I’ll always remember that Christmas as the one when I realized you were the one.”

 

“Really? I never knew that.”

 

“Yup. I realized anyone who was willing to sacrifice his own Christmas time for someone who he’s only known for a few months was a keeper.”

 

“Well I’m glad you thought that. But it was honestly no big deal. I was willing to do anything to make you happy.”

 

“I love you so much Kibum. More than you can ever imagine.” She said as she snuggled into my chest.

 

“Well if it’s half as much as I love you, I’m sure I can figure some sort of equivalent.” I said, kissing the top of her head.

 

“Oh look at this!” She exclaimed, holding 2 concert tickets and 2 backstage passes. “I remember you gave me a pair of tickets and my friend was so excited.” She chuckled. “When I first saw you on that stage I honestly thought you were too good for me. I still think like that sometimes. I mean why settle for me when you can do so much better? What have I done to deserve the Almighty Key?”

 

“You didn’t need to do anything. I am the one not worthy of you. You always think so kindly of others, helping people out without looking for anything in return. The fact that you can handle my nagging so well is a sign that you must have come straight from God. Only a saint would be able to take in my scolding and still manage to smile so sincerely.” I said in earnest. She can’t possibly think she’s not good enough for me. “I could spend the rest of my life trying to be worthy of you and it still wouldn’t be enough.”

 

“Oh hey look! We both still have the headbands we bought that time we went to Lotte World!” She suddenly said, trying to change the subject. It was so obvious, it was almost funny. I guess I could let it go for now. Hopefully if this all works out I’ll have all the time in the world to change her mind about not being worthy of me.

 

“Yeah, we had so much fun that day. I remember freaking out about the rollercoaster.”

 

“I still can’t believe you’re afraid of heights.” She says, laughing.

 

“I’m not afraid of heights! It’s just falling I’m afraid of.” I protested.

 

“Okay Key, whatever you say.”

 

“Hey why don’t we add our couple rings into the time capsule too? We can always get new ones. What do you say?” I asked her, trying to pretend like I just got the idea. In all honesty, I was hoping that ring would be replaced with something more permanent soon.

 

“Sure. But you owe me a new ring okay?”

 

Oh don’t worry, I thought. I have more permanent plans for that ring finger of yours. “Okay, whatever you say. We can make a date of it. You know what? Let’s make it a full on shopping spree as well. I have a feeling we’ll have something to celebrate soon anyway.” I said casually.

 

“Great! I’m going to hold you to that okay?”

 

~*.*~

 

“Well I think that’s enough stuff already. We don’t want the box to explode. Who knew we had so much stuff anyway?”

 

“Yeah, if I had known, I would have gotten a bigger box.”

 

“Yeah, I guess. But if you got a bigger box, it probably wouldn’t fit where you planned to bury it right?”

 

“Oh no, I’m not burying it yet. Right now I just plan to seal it and bury it when we have a more permanent place to live.”

 

“So I guess that’s everything, huh? I’ll just grab the wax and start melting it so we can seal the edges.”

 

“Wait!”

 

“Why? I thought we put everything in already. Did we forget something?”

 

“No, not really but I get the feeling like something is still missing.” I said, trying to sound as normal as possible.

 

“Like what? We have movie, carnival, and concert tickets. We have souvenirs, merchandise and even our couple rings. What could be missing?”

 

“Oh I know!” I said, hopefully sounding natural. “I think we’re lacking a picture.”

 

“A picture of what? I think we have a lot of pictures here already…”

 

“Well actually I was thinking we lacked a picture of a specific event.”

 

“What event? Our first date? Our first kiss? Our first trip together? What? I think we covered all the basics.”

 

“No, not our first date. I was thinking more along the lines of our engagement.” I said, reaching into my bag.

 

“Our engagement? What are you talking about Key?”

 

“I’m talking about this.” I said, showing her the ring. “We just spent the day talking about our whole relationship. I hope it’s had the same effect on you as it has on me. Every single moment of our relationship, good or bad has had a significant effect on my life. This next step might just be the most life-changing one. Just like the couple rings we put into this capsule, all of these memories that we’re going to bury are just the beginning. We have the rest of our lives to make so many more of those pictures filled with laughter and love. I’m asking you to take this next step with me. This picture, this memory, will be the last of this chapter of our separate lives. When we dig this time capsule up, 10 maybe 20 years in the future, I hope to do it with you and hopefully our kids in the house where we’ll grow old together as well. I want to be able to look back on this day not only as the day we remembered our past but also the day we started writing our future. I can’t promise that we won’t have bad times but I know that if we live our lives remembering our good memories and learning from our bad ones, our love will last more than a lifetime. So why don’t you say yes already so we can get this show on the road beautiful?”

 

Okay so I had to add in that bit of diva-ish attitude we all know and love. What Key story would be complete without it? Oh and this chapter is exactly 1,500 words. (OCD kicking in again.) 

 

What are the chances that I witnessed a proposal when I went to Korea? It was sweet and it gave me so much inspiration. Not saying that this was the proposal though. In fact, this chapter has nothing to do with it. I will definitely make it somone's proposal though. I'm just not yet sure who. Please do comment on who you want to propose to you and how. I love hearing dream proposals. :)

 

Minho's next. ;)