II. It's Complicated

Hotel Room 2J

The same day, in a nightclub, 

11:35p.m.

"One more shot!" Jiyong shouted to the bartender. It was his tenth shot of vodka for the night and he was getting drunk. He was not hitting with the y ladies as usual. Instead he began to think about the mysterious girl at the balcony. He sighed deeply while playing with his fingers.

"Here's your glass, sir." The bartender put a glass of vodka on the counter. Jiyong just bowed his head and drank the vodka in just one gulp. He sighed again - even deeper than last time. His best friend, Seunghyun approached him then sat beside him, turning his chair to face Jiyong.

"Ji, why aren't you hitting with the ladies? The ladies are really hot tonight."

Jiyong just pursed his lips. He was not in the mood. He wanted to check up on the mysterious girl at the balcony.

"Bro?" Seunghyun waved his hand in front of Jiyong. "Wake up, buddy."

Jiyong just kept being silent for awhile while tapping his fingers on the counter. He then stood up quickly from his seat. "Seunghyun, tell the boys that I'm going home."

"Wait, what?! Why?!" Seunghyun began to panic. Is Jiyong sick or something?

"I'm just not in the mood to party tonight. Bye." Jiyong quickly left the nightclub, leaving Seunghyun speechless. Jiyong's other friends, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri approached Seunghyun.

"Seunghyun, where's Ji?" Daesung asked Seunghyun and looked around. There was no sign of Jiyong.

"He left just now," Seunghyun replied, shrugging lightly. Seungri's panda-like eyes began to widen.

"Seriously?! I thought he would stay here until the sunrise."

"He was not in the mood," Seunghyun explained.

"It's weird to see Jiyong like that. What's up with him?" Youngbae asked all of them. Seunghyun, Daesung and Seungri just shrugged.

"Let's go to his mansion tomorrow morning. Don't ever tell him that we're coming, understand?"

Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri's heads nodded and obeyed Seunghyun.

-

The next day, in Marvellous Hotel,

7:30a.m.

Yoona's alarm clock buzzed loudly, which stopped the morning silence. Yoona quickly opened her eyes then reached for her alarm clock, turning it off. She was half awake. She couldn't sleep last night due to her mind was filled with Jiyong's face.

Yoona then rubbed her swallow eyes. She jumped off her bed and opened the curtains, smiling widely. The sun was shining. "What a lovely morning," Yoona muttered softly. Her smile began to get wider than usual.

Yoona scretched her arms and legs - that has been her daily routine since she was thirteen. Her father wanted her to be independent when her mother was missing. Yoona sighed deeply. How she missed her mother.

Yoona quickly took her pink towel from a towel rack near a make-up table. She then walked to the bathroom to have a nice, fresh shower. After finishing her shower, she wrapped the towel around her waist. She put on some clothes - which is a plain T-shirt and a pair of jeans.

She then began to take some bread which she bought yesterday morning from the cabinets. Yoona also took a toaster and a plate then put a few pieces of bread into the toaster. She put a plate next to the toaster.

Yoona just waited for the bread to toast. She played with her fingers while waiting. Suddenly, Jiyong's face began to appear in her mind. Yoona giggled quietly then blushed a little.

"Am I in love with him? Um.." She paused her words when she saw that the bread already 'landed' on the plate. Yoona then took a jar of peanut butter jam from the cabinets. She spreaded the jam on the bread with a knife after opening it.

Yoona took a bite of the bread after folding the bread into two. "Delicious!" Her smile on that morning began to get even more wider as she began to think about last night. Am I falling in love with that guy? Um.. it's complicated.

-

At the same time,

in Jiyong's mansion.

Jiyong was still.. sleeping in the master bedroom. He was not an early bird since he was little. He liked to sleep a lot. The longest time he slept was like nearly a day - twelve hours, that was all he can remember. Suddenly, the doorbell was ringing from outside. 

Jiyong groaned softly as he hid his face with a pillow, pretending not to hear the sound from the doorbell. Who the heck is outside right now? The person is ruining my freaking beauty sleep!

As promised, Seunghyun, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri gathered at Jiyong's mansion. It was Seunghyun who rang the doorbell then he sighed deeply after there was nobody opening the door.

"I think he's still on his bed." Seunghyun shrugged lightly. "What can we do?"

"I don't know.. But if we call him, he'll know why are we here," Youngbae said.

"Just ring the doorbell. He'll wake up." Daesung nodded. Seungri then rang the doorbell mutiple times but there was no use. Jiyong was not opening the door for them.

"Looks like we have to cancel our.." Before Seungri can finish his sentence, Jiyong was standing - with the doors opened widely. The four friends grinned widely.

"Good morning, bro! How was your sleep?" Seunghyun greeted Jiyong as he kept on grinning.

"Good morning.. You guys ruined my beauty sleep! But never mind, come in." 

Jiyong leaded Seunghyun, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri into his mansion. All of them gathered at the living room while watching the morning news on television.

"So, what are your intentions for coming to my house, hm?" Jiyong questioned his friends, eyeing them from top to bottom.

"Why did you leave the nightclub so early last night? Were you sick or something?" Seunghyun asked Jiyong with a few questions. Jiyong felt there was a lightning struck on his head. Oh god, my secret will be broken.. They'll laugh at me, I'm serious..

"Oh yeah, I just remembered something. You told me that you were going to tell us the story when you stopped at the hotel during our phone call last night. Now, tell us the story and the reasons." Youngbae looked straightly at Jiyong.

"Well, if I tell you this, don't laugh, alright?" Jiyong took a few deep breaths and began to tell the story, 

"I was driving to the nightclub then I saw this gorgeous lady at the balcony of her hotel room so I stopped in front of the hotel and admired the lady. After that, Youngbae called me and I rushed to the nightclub. Okay, why did I leave early last night? It was because I was thinking of that lady. There, that was the end of my story."

Seunghyun, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri's eyes began to widen slowly.

"Are you in love with that mysterious lady?!" Daesung and Seungri asked Jiyong at the same time.

"Maybe. It's just.. I don't know." Jiyong shrugged, looking down at the floor.

Seunghyun lifted Jiyong's chin up. "Tell us more about that lady. We'll help you to get that lady."

"But.." Jiyong's protest was cut off by Seunghyun.

"No buts. I know you like her. So just shut your mouth about all of your protests and tell us about that one heck of a gorgeous lady."

"Fine." Jiyong grinned widely. He had to agree with Seunghyun. Am I falling in love with that mysterious lady? No, yes, no, yes, ugh. It's complicated.


Author's Note: Hello guys! Sorry for the very late update! I was very busy with my roleplays these days but luckily, in Malaysia (maybe Singapore too), the two-week school holidays are here! So I have a chance to update frequently since maybe, I'm not going anywhere.

Anyway, sorry for the very crappy chapter. Yeah, I was running out of ideas for this story. But I hope you guys enjoy it though. I'll update again tonight or tomorrow. Alright, it's time for me to sign off! Do comment, subscribe and upvote for this story. Thanks a lot! ^_^ Goodbye!

Love from the author,

soshibang-ism.