Unofficially His'

A Goddess in Disguise

Chapter 23 Unofficially His’

Upon reaching the mall, I felt Hyunwoo ‘s hand clasping mine but I didn’t care.

We walked silently scanning from store to store looking for the types of dresses I like. It took us 30 minutes to find a boutique; it’s full of trendy dresses, shoes, bags, and accessories. We entered the store and I picked up every single item I liked and fit them later on the fitting room.

“Isn’t that too much?” Hyunwoo spoke out of the silence

“No” I said without looking at him

“Oh” that was the last thing he said before being quite again

“Let’s go to the fitting room” I said more like commanding

He said nothing and followed me to the fitting room.

I removed my shirt and my pants and set them aside before fitting the clothes I picked up. I grabbed the floral oversized sweater, the very short distressed denim shorts, the white high socks, and the semi boots pump ups with studs and wore them one by one, they are perfect fit and I love the high socks, they make me feel ier. I opened the door of the fitting room fiercely, and turned around slowly to give Hyunwoo a better view of my outfit. When I finished turning, I saw Hyunwoo gulped and I smiled at him.

“Y..You look different?” he said stuttering

“It’s still me, but a different personality” I said, my voice has a little bitterness in it

 “Why are you so cold?” Hyunwoo asked out of the blue, his voice is soft but has a trace of confusedness

“Cold? Yeah right” I said giving him a smirk

“You’re not the same Chae Mi I knew”

“That old self of mine is dead, she’s frozen dead, and the new one is here standing in front of you, stronger and fiercer”

“Huh, what happened in the prom night that made you like that?”

“It’s a long ty story that needs to be buried or thrown away to hell” I said giving him a serious face

“But I think I can understand”

“I just want to forget about that thing and your brother!” I said almost shouting out of anger upon remembering what happened that night

“I guess…you should really forget it” he said looking away from me, his reaction changed, unreadable

“Yes, and make me”

“How?” he said, he looks confused

“Be my boyfriend” I said straight to the point, giving nothing away

“Are you serious?!” he said hissing trying to hold his voice down

Without thinking of it, I sat on his lap and kissed him…hard, but that kiss feels nothing, it has no feelings on it, not like when L kissed me, there were no electricity flowing from him into me. I pulled away from the kiss stood up straight.

“So you’re my girlfriend now?” He said still confused

“I don’t kiss my parents or my friends on the lips” I said giving him a hint of my answer to his question

He blushed for a short time and gave me a warm smile

“So what do you think of my outfit?” I said changing the topic

“Uhmm, you look y…. and pretty as usual”

“Thanks, let me fit the other outfit then let’s have our dinner after” I said trying to give a smile but I just can’t. I forgot how to smile, to laugh, to think of happy thoughts since that night happened.

“Ok” he said beaming

I tried all of the dresses, accessories, and bags then proceed to the counter to pay for them, when I was about to fish my wallet from my pocket, Hyunwoo grabbed my hand gave his credit card to the cashier.

“Let me” he said smiling

Oh boy, will he ever get tired of smiling? I sighed and nodded at him.

 

He carried all of the bags for me and he brought me to a classy restaurant. He pulled a chair for me and I sat as elegant as I can, showing my social graces. Hyunwoo sat in front me and gave me a smile, it wasn’t different from other smiles but then I realized that he is not wearing his eye glasses, he looks handsome, he’s way cuter than L, he looks like a puppy. I immediately looked away after realizing that I had been staring at him.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, of course” I said, my voice is cold once again

“Let’s take our order, shall we?”

“Okay”

Hyunwoo raised his right hand slightly signaling for the waitress to come.

“One seafood pasta with extra pepper and a..?” Hyunwoo looked at me

“I’ll take what you have ordered”

“Make it two then” he said to the waitress

“Would you like some drinks sir?” The waitress asked with her voice soft, she’s obviously trying to be cute, she looks pathetic instead

“We’ll have the red tea and oh, one Caesar salad please”

“Anything else sir?” she said smiling, big time

“That’s all” Hyunwoo replied giving the waitress a small smile

The waitress looked like she’s gonna fall anytime, she’s really head over heels, she makes me sick ughhh. She left our table slowly walking without taking her eyes off Hyunwoo.

“So what are your plans for summer?” He suddenly asked, trying to break the silence

“Actually I don’t do much every summer vacation. I just stay at home and bond with my dad”

“Ah okay, but will you go with us in case we’ll go for a vacation?”

“Uhm, I’ll ask my dad first”

“Do you want me to ask him for you?”

“Aniya, I can do it myself”

“Okay” he said smiling once again

Maybe I’ll get used to him, smiling all the time

 

 

After we finished eating, Hyunwoo took me to the mall’s rooftop, we sat there for a while and the sky started lighting up with fireworks. It looks romantic but it doesn’t feel like romantic. Huh! Romance? Love? That’s only for fools!  And I will never be one of them again, not, not anymore. The fireworks ended without me neither enjoying nor appreciating it.

“Let’s go?” Hyunwoo asked

I nodded at him and he clasped my hand with his once again and we walked out of the mall to grab a cab.

 

We reached home fast then he exited the car opened the door for me. 

"Thanks" 

He just smiled then gave me a smack on the lips, which made me lose my defense for seconds but I recovered after he pulled from the kiss. 

"Tomorrow baby" he said while smiling

I just nodded at him and entered our house.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait guys, but here's a short update for you. Hope you guys would enjoy this chapter even though it's short. 

Don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment. I would appreciate it if you would hit that button ;) 

Feel free to comment so that I would know what's on your mind, what do you feel, and so that I would know if you like my story :)

xoxo