When I was your man

When I was your man


I opened my eyes when a cold air hit my body, though my eyelids wanted to remain closed so I could keep on dreaming. I shivered lightly at the new feeling of the air on me and hugged the nearest pillow I had on bed. It was soaked in tears just like the rest of the fluffy bags. I inhaled the scent that was impregnated on it, that only God knew how that sweet scent was still there. Or maybe it was just my imagination. I couldn’t help the sobs that came right after the scent just entered my nose. How long had it been? 8 months… maybe more… but those moths had felt like an eternity without him by my side.

 

 I let go a little of the pillow so I could look away from it and gazed the empty space that was in bed. I let out a few more tears, remembering just not-so-long ago, that beautiful, wonderful boy was still sleeping next to me. I stretched my arm so I could grab the picture frame that was on the bedside table and look at it.

 

Sitting on the bed, I took the wood frame in my both hands and admired the picture. Those were all the pictures we had taken on each of our anniversaries. 6 pictures in total. Today a 7th one would’ve been added… but he wasn’t there anymore. He was gone…

 

I couldn’t control my loud sobs as I gaze our smile in the picture. We were happy… And I’ve been so stupid… I ran my index finger through each of his factions; his hair, his eyes, his smile, those high cheek bones, his jawline. God, how much I missed him…

 

I held the frame so it could rest on my chest, right on my broken heart.

 

Why did I let this happen? Why did I make him leave? Really, there are no words to explain how much of an idiot I was.

 

I should’ve bought him every little thing he wanted. I should’ve kissed him, hugged him like there was no tomorrow. I should’ve showed him and prove him how much I loved him, and that I couldn’t leave without him…

 

“Don’t touch me!”

 

I remembered his words oh so well…

 

 

 

“Wookie, babe, please don’t do this to me” I pleaded on my knees, as thick tears rolled down my cheeks. He glared at me.

 

“Don’t do this to /you/?!” he yelled “and what about /me/?! You did a lot of things to me Cho Kyuhyun! I can’t…” now it was his turn to cry “I just can’t do this anymore…”

 

“P –please,” I begged, “I’ll do anything…” I tried to grab his hand, but he slapped it away.

 

“You did /nothing/ for the past few years! I was just a random guy that lived with you!”

 

“Don’t say that! I lo-” slap

 

“Don’t you dare to say that! You don’t love me!” He said and walked to the door, where his bag was waiting for him.

 

“n –no!” I got on my feet and ran after him. Once I was behind him, I hugged him tightly, not letting go, not even for a second. He struggled and kicked me in an attempt of breaking free, but he couldn’t.

 

“Let me go!” he yelled

 

“No if you’re going to leave me!” I begged, sobbing uncontrollably

 

“Let. Me. Go!” he yelled again, this time, somehow managing to get free from my grip. He immediately opened the front door of our house and ran outside. It was flooding outside, but he couldn’t care less. He ran towards a car, where a guy with black hair and cat-like eyes was waiting for him. I saw him getting in the car with that guy and the car started driving away from there…

 

I just stood there, unable to do something about it, unable to process the previous events.

 

He was gone…

 

 

 

I didn’t see him again for 6 months… Until I saw him…. And I really wish I didn’t.

 

I had decided to take a walk around the city, since I wanted to clear my mind for a while and stop thinking about Ryeowook again. But it seemed like fate wanted to make me feel even more miserable that I already felt.

 

I saw him… and the guy with cat-like eyes walking out of a church, holding hands as everyone cheered for them. They were… married…

 

H –how could this happen? They… It had been only 6 months! We were together for 6 years and then he marries someone in 6 months?! Unless… no, no! Ryeowook would never do that to me… not /cheating/!

 

I just remember wiping my tears and running away from that place.

 

 

I sighed before I put back the frame on the bed-side table and got off bed.

 

When nighttime arrived, right after sunset, I walked through the bridge of the city, where Wookie and I always walked in, holding hands, as we admired the fireworks that were always presented there. I rested my arm on the fence of it and just waited until the show started.

 

I sighed softly and felt tears coming to my eyes again. I didn’t really think in a billion years that I would be here, admiring those beautiful fireworks, all alone.

 

“Ryeowook… God I miss you /so/ much” I muttered looking at the flashing lights. I lowered my head, and that’s when I heard a silent sob next to me. I lifted my head and turned to look at my right side, right where I had heard the sob. And in there… I saw the person I loved the most on this Earth.

 

“R –Ryeowook?” I mumbled, making him turn around and look at me His red, swollen eyes went wide at the moment his eyes set on mines. So he was the one who was crying… Why?

 

“H –hello Kyuhyun” he said with a shaky voice. I got closer to him and he didn’t take any step back, not even one.

 

“I… I found out t –that… you’re married now” I said, feeling my heart break once again when I remembered that unpleasant scene. He gasped silently, but I guess he couldn’t help but lower his head and nod.

 

“h –how”

 

“I saw you guys walking out of church the day you got married” I answered before he could even ask the question. That was a quality that had always existed between us; we could read each other’s thoughts.

 

Then again… how the hell we end up like this?

 

I think he remembered that quality, because I started hearing silent sobs again. I grabbed his chin and made him look up at me. Shiny little tears were running down his cheek. With my thumb, I carefully wiped them away.

 

“K –Kyu… I-”

 

“Shh… Don’t say a word” I shushed him as I placed my index finger on his soft lips. He blinked, sniffing and looking at me directly in the eye.

 

“Look, I’m sorry” I said and sighed softly, kissing his cheek “I’m sorry for all the crap I put you through, for not showing you how much I loved you, for not making you think and feel it”

 

“I did fee it… at first” he said with a string of voice.

 

“But I changed!” I complained “I was an idiot and changed…” I said now lowering my face and letting out a few tears

 

“I… I hope he treats you well” I started, finally looking up once again “I hope he buys you everything you want, I hope he kisses you, hugs you, makes you feel loved” I said and caressed his cheek. That beautiful cheek. I could feel him shiver softly at my touch; he would always do that whenever I touched him “I hope he does everything I didn’t do, everything I should’ve done when you were mine. I hope he never lets you go”

 

By now, his cheeks were soaked in tears, while he looked at me with a hurt expression, with a hint of guilt and regret.

 

“Kyuhyunnie…” he said sadly before he hugged me tightly, clinging onto me for dare life “I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have left you!” he sobbed uncontrollably, and I felt how my heart broke even more; I hated seeing him crying.

 

But, as much as I wanted to hug him, hold him, kiss him and get him back, I knew I couldn’t do that. He now belonged to someone else; I had lost him for good…

 

“Wookie, no” I said softly, making him let go of me carefully. “I can’t… /we/ can’t” I said sadly and kissed his cheek softly, feeling my body tense up at the contact.

 

“b –but… I” I made him silence again with my finger

 

“Don’t Ryeowook. Don’t make this harder” I said sadly, looking how that hurt expression came back to his beautiful ace.

 

“I know I was wrong, and that I was an idiot, but… we just can’t. I just want you to be happy Wookie” I said bitterly. I couldn’t believe I was saying that; I was letting him go.

 

“I love you… deathly, but I can’t see you unhappy with me” I continued as I cried so as him. I leaned down and kissed those lovely, sweet lips for the last time. Oh, how much I had missed those lips, that sweet taste…

I parted away a few seconds ago and let his chin go as I smiled softly.

 

I kissed his cheek and whispered, “Good bye Ryeowook,” before I turned around and started walking away from him. My heart was telling me to turn around and go with him, but my head was yelling at me, telling me that he would be better off without me… even if I couldn’t /quite/ accept it.

 

 

He broke in tears and fell on his knees, sobbing hardly.

 

“I still love you… And always will… Good Bye Kyu…”

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

yep

that's it xDD

kkk~~~

I hope you guys like it! :DD