Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata

“Grandmother, may I go outside and play?”

 

“Look outside. What time of day is it?”

 

“Uh, late evening.”

 

“And what is it doing?”

 

“It's raining.”

 

“Exactly. What have I told you all these years?”

 

“That I must always stay inside and away from windows if it rains at night...”

 

“That's right. Why don't you go practice piano or guitar? Oh, your violin! You haven't touched it in months. Why don't you play your violin?”

 

“Yes, Grandmother.”

 

“Good boy.”

 

Jonghyun, defeated, went back to his bedroom and closed the door. Ever since his parents died in that horrible accident, he had lived with his music-loving grandmother. She was sweet and caring, but held belief in many strange superstitions. He never knew why she thought these things, for she never told him.

 

A rush of warm, musky air swirled about him, leaving him with the spine-trembling realization that his balcony door was open. Jonghyun scrambled to it, slamming it with a rattle of glass, and pulled the large, heavy curtains closed.

 

“That was close,” the boy exclaimed as he tried to calm his heart rate. What am I even doing? He thought with a cynical chuckle. It's just another one of her insane superstitions. I doubt anything will happen.

 

Even so, Jonghyun grew up locking his doors and shutting his blinds before going to bed if there was a storm, even after his old grandmother died the day preceding his nineteenth birthday.

 

 

“It looks like it's going to rain,” a twenty-two-year-old Jonghyun sighed. Due to force of habit, the jumpy male locked the front door of the mansion he inherited from his Grandmother. The power was out due to the furious storm's wrath, so there was nothing much to do, save for playing one of his instruments.

 

As the storm continued to rage outside, Jonghyun sat down at his grand piano onlooking the courtyard and plucked a few notes at random. The beautiful scene in front of him compelled him to grow deeply aware of his music and completely unaware of his own body. The mysterious and lovely piece he played matched the rain's low hum perfectly. The intensity of his playing grew as his eyes scanned the keys in the faint candlelight.

 

Right as he struck the last chord, he realized that he had been in front of the open balcony door the whole time.

 

Nearly knocking over his chair, Jonghyun shot up and moved to the door, planning on closing it. His plans never seemed to work in his favor, though, for he found himself unable to close it. Not that the door was stuck, but more so his own body was. In the courtyard was the most graceful and divine human being he had ever laid his eyes upon.

 

The angelic man was tall and lean, slightly feminine yet still holding masculinity in his features. His perfectly-sculpted limbs seemed to move in time with the beat of the rain and he boldly dance across the soaked grass. A pirouette and a leap took him into the air, liquid drops bouncing off his pale, breathtaking face that seemed to nearly glow.

 

The astonishing male turned into his ending pose, left hand extended towards Jonghyun and gesturing for him to come. The young man blinked in shock, not realizing the other knew how he watched him. The man outside looked up and smirked, once again motioning for Jonghyun to come out. All words of warning from his late grandmother escaped him as he stepped onto the balcony, sliding down the slippery ladder, never once taking his eyes off the mysterious boy.

 

“Hello,” he purred with a smooth voice that coincided with his striking appearances.

 

“Uh... hello.”

 

“No need to be shy.”

 

“S-sorry, I just... um...”

 

A giggle escaped the stranger's full lips. “You're cute.” Jonghyun scratched the back of his head, fully aware of the heat spreading across his cheeks. “What's you're name? How old are you?”

 

“Jonghyun. I'll be twenty-two tomorrow,” he said solemnly, remembering that it was the date of his grandmother's death three years ago. This fact picked and prodded at the guilt he felt for going outside at this time, but his feet were glued to one spot as the captivating creature slowly came closer.

 

“I'm Key.”

 

“A-and how old are you... Key?” Just the name on his tongue made his body shiver in arousal.

 

“Eternally twenty,” Key answered with a certain amount of playfulness in his cat-like eyes.

 

“That's not a real answer.”

 

“It's the most you're getting. You make me feel old, Jonghyun.”

 

“You make me feel ugly.”

 

Key tilted his head to the side slightly. “Are you calling me not-ugly?”

 

“No, I'm calling you beautiful.”

 

“Why, Jonghyun, are you flirting with me now?” Before the younger could respond, Key had already come millimeters from his face, his hot breath teasing him and making his heart pound heavily. A graceful hand moved onto Jonghyun's neck and toyed with the skin, sending him near to a heart attack.

 

“What if I am?” he managed to say with the same amount of passion and coolness that Key possessed, causing the elder to bite his lower lip shyly.

 

“Why don't we get out of the rain first?”

 

Without a second thought, Jonghyun led his new acquaintance through the back door, up the staircase, and into his bedroom. He knew it was reckless and dangerous, but that was probably what made him do it. The introvert rarely got to speak with others, especially ones that were as enticing as Key, so the thought of being alone with him made him grin inwardly.

 

“Wow, you have such a big house,” said man declared. “I wish I lived here.”

 

“You can live here for the rest of the night,” Jonghyun offered carelessly.

 

“Only if I get to sleep here,” was the flirtatious reply as Key pointed to the bed.

 

“I wouldn't have it any other way.”

 

“Perfect! Do you mind if I borrow some clothes? Leather skinny jeans and rain don't mix well.”

 

“Sure.” Jonghyun rummaged through his closet, finding an over-sized white shirt and a pair of black boxers. He himself entered the walk-in closet and put on similar attire. He used these fleeting moments to reflect on what he was doing. He went outside at the one time he knew he shouldn't and brought back a stranger whose intentions were clearly impure. “I'm going to hell,” he muttered to himself.

 

“Jonghyun, are you ready?”

 

“Yeah, coming.”

 

When he opened the door, he found Key looking gorgeous as ever, sprawled across the white sheets on his stomach. “Do you like the rain?”

 

“Huh? Uh, well, I guess so. It used to freak me out as a kid, but I guess I got over it.”

 

“I see... Jonghyun?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Come to bed, sweetie.”

 

The sudden pet name caused the younger of the two to follow his directives. As soon as he was on the bed, Key climbed onto his lap, straddling him and kissing his lip playfully. Jonghyun immediately pulled the man back to him, taking in his sweet taste. How it was humanly possible for someone to be so addicting was beyond him. All he could do was press harder into his lips and savor the drug. The other set of lips pressed back just as hard, giving out small gasps and moans. The warning bells were ringing in Jonghyun's head. You shouldn't be doing this, he reminded himself. No matter what he did, however, he couldn't stop himself from deepening the kiss.

 

Key pushed him onto the bed forcefully, holding his wrists down and sticking his tongue into the boy's mouth. Jonghyun fought back for dominance, struggling yet succeeding. Key was slammed against the bed harshly as the two pairs of lips broke apart due to lack of breath.

 

“You know, Jongie, you're better than you make yourself out to be,” Key told him.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You act all shy and innocent, but then it turns out you're a true beast. Like me.”

 

“Well, I'm flattered.” The moment away from the angel's lips gave him enough self control to sit up, releasing Key.

 

“You know, I haven't come across someone like you before.”

 

“I could say the same for you.”

 

“Yeah, I know. I'm one in a million.”

 

Jonghyun chuckled. “What are you?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You can't be human.”

 

“What gave you the slightest idea that I was human?” Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows at the older man in his bed. “Of course I'm not. I just like humans, that's all. Especially the men. I'm not one of them or anything.” Key looked up from the nails he was admiring on his own silken hand to meet Jonghyun's gaze. “What, are you confused? I thought that you would be used to the supernatural. I mean, you live in this mansion and all. Didn't your parents ever tell you about how it's a portal to the other worlds whenever it rains at night?”

 

“...Well, my grandmother always told me all these weird superstitions, but I never heard about some... portal. You're just kidding with me, right?”

 

“Nope. I'm serious.”

 

Jonghyun heaved a frustrated sigh. He was stupid to let this stranger into his home. Not because he thought he was crazy, but because he knew he was telling the truth. That meant that his grandmother's warnings were for real.

 

“Hey, Jongie,” Key purred. “Do you want to go to my world? I bet you'd like it. Nobody ever dies, and nobody ever works. It's all fun and games, and you could be my mate. Oh, wait, what do you humans call it? Boyfriend, right? Then you can be my boyfriend. How does that sound?”

 

“First, you need to answer my question. What are you?”

 

“I'm a vampire, of course.”

 

Jonghyun slapped a hand to his neck, his eyes wide and scared.

 

“Oh, don't be like that! I don't drink blood. I think that's disgusting. I absorb the energy of humans through what we were about to do just a minute ago. My whole existence has been full of one-night-stands. But you know what? I want to see a lot more of you,” the demon said with a sly grin. “Why don't you come with me?”

 

“I...” To be honest, the human of the two really did like the sound of that. His body and heart were screaming yes. His mind somehow took over with it's stern no, causing Jonghyun to shake his head. “I can't. I really like you, as cheesy as that sounds, but I can't do that. I promised Grandmother that I would look after the house after she passed away. I can't just leave this world.”

 

Key appeared to be angry at first, but his face slowly softened, replacing it with sadness. “Fine. Do what you will.” He rose from the bed and stretched his arms. “You don't mind if I come to visit some other time, though, do you?”

 

Jonghyun gave a warm smile. “Do what you will.”

 

Key nodded and smiled back. “Good. I'll come whenever I get thirsty, okay?”

 

“Okay. Goodbye, Key.” With one last kiss, the vampire went swiftly to the balcony and jumped down. When Jonghyun went to look, he was already gone.

 

 

Even as the years went by, Jonghyun couldn't forget the boy he met on that fateful rainy night. Whenever the thunder boomed outside when the moon was high, he couldn't help but go to the balcony. Sometimes, the courtyard would be empty. Other nights, there would be an elegant dancer. When the latter occured, Jonghyun sliped down the metal railing and took him up to his room to fulfill the angelic demon's thirst.

 

“Hey,” the vampire cooed sweetly as the rain soaked his hair.

 

“Hey.”

 

“I want to do something tonight.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I want to turn you into one of my kind.”

 

“...Why?”

 

“You said you wanted to protect the house for your grandmother, correct? If you live forever, you can be assured that it will always be safe. Plus, you won't ever leave me boyfriendless.”

 

“Key, I'm only twenty-six.”

 

“Exactly! You should be transformed early, while you're still this y!”

 

Jonghyun chuckled. “Come on, let's go.”

 

“Does... does that mean you'll let me change you?”

 

The human gave a smirk that signified he wouldn't be such for much longer. Key gave a little squeal and followed his lover through the door.

 

Jonghyun knew his grandmother would frown upon him if she knew what he was up to. For some reason, though, he pushed that thought away, letting it melt in the rain as he closed the bedroom door behind him and prepared to kiss his mortal life goodbye.

 

 

Sooo, how was it? I can't write anything sensual, obviously xD I know I should be updating one of my many other fics, but this idea wouldn't get out of my head, so I had to write it keke... Give me some constructive criticism? What you liked, what could be improved, things like that.

Thank you for reading ^^