Why is this happening to me?

Protect In Execlsis

 

What was that?

You laid in your bed with an arm across your eyes.

You ran home after what happened early that day. By the time you reached your aunt’s house the rain had stopped and it was bright and warm. You had locked yourself in your room as soon as you entered the house. When it was dinner time, you refuse to join the rest at the dinner table and apologized.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. You tried calming yourself, but every time you’d start to feel safe, the image of the mouth popped up in your mind. After a couple of attempts at calming your nerves, you finally fell asleep.

 

~

After hours of restless sleep, you awoke in the middle of the night. You made your way through the dark house and entered the kitchen. You grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and returned to the living area. You couldn’t see anything, so you tried to flip on the light switch.

‘Click. Click. Click. Click.’

Great the light bulbs went out

You made your way around the assorted toys and furniture lying in the living room and sat yourself in front of the window. This was your favourite place to be, watching the small glimmers of the city light in the darkness of the night. You pulled your knees close and rested your head on them. You finally felt relaxed, after a horrible day.

You thought back to the man at the bridge again.

Just what was he? He didn’t look... human.

The image played in your head over and over again. His jagged teeth nearing your neck. Your voiceless scream and the crazed look in his eyes. Before you knew it tears were streaming down your face. Your shoulders jerked as you cried into your knees.

“Noona?”

You wiped your tears and turned around. Jaehyun, your cousin was standing in the doorway of his room. He had awoke to the sound of your crying.

“What’s wrong, noona?” He asked, as he walked towards you.

“Come here.” You called him over and crossed your legs. He ran over and took a seat comfortably between your legs. You hugged him and smiled. Jaehyun was like a real little brother to you. 8 years ago when he was born was one of the happiest moments of your life. Jaehyun was very mature for his age, but he was an incredibly shy child, so he would always stick close to you.

“Noona, why were you crying?” Jaehyun looked up at you.

“It’s nothing Jaehyun-ah.” You gave him a smile to assure him.

The two of you sat and watched the night scenery. After an hour or so, the small glimmer of the sun filled the violet sky and Jaehyun was sound asleep in your lap. You smiled at his sleeping face, he looked just like a baby in your mind. You slouched him over your back and carried him off to bed. You set him down in his room and tucked him in.

Since when did you grow so much?

You thought staring at his feet poking out of the now-short blanket. It had only been a year since he got the blankets and he had already outgrown them.

You’re going to be taller than noona, sooner or later.

You his hair and rose. You looked over to the clock in his room. ‘6:00AM’.

I guess I’ll have to start getting ready.

 

~

“Did you guys find her?” The silver haired leader asked.

“It’s hopeless hyung. We won’t be able to find her with this many humans around.” The one with bright orange hair said slightly annoyed.

“We have no other choice but to find her though.” The purple haired maknae sighed.

“Guys, come on. We have no time to be moping around. The sooner we find her, the sooner we get back.” The leader pulled the group together. “See, look at Leo over there.  He’s that determined on finding her.” The leader pointed over to the fiery red haired one, who was jumping from one rooftop to another.

“Once we find her, we best be going back.” The auburn haired one said before jumping off the top of the 63 building.

The maknae and the orange haired members both jumped off to other buildings.

“Hyung...” The brown haired member called to his leader.

“What is it Ken?”

“Can we get some food?” He asked his leader.

“Are you seriously asking me this at a time like this?” The leader scoffed and jumped off the building.

“But.... I’m really hungry right now...” Ken huffed and jumped off like the rest of them.

 

~

You felt horrible. Even worse than the day before. You stumbled across the hallways with beads of sweat collecting under your bangs.

I should have taken those 30 minutes to rest up

To make things worse you could feel your throat start to ache. You had caught a cold from walking home in the rain the day previous.

As you wobbled from 3rd period to 4th, Minae stepped in front of you in the busy hallways. Every Time you’d step to the side, she’d mimic your actions and move to the same side, blocking you from proceeding past her.

You raised your head to face her, but her face was blurry. You felt exhausted, you didn’t want to deal with Minae and her childish games today.

“...Move out of the way...” You let out faintly, too tired to raise your voice.

“What did you say loser?” Minae crossed her arms.

“...I said.... “ You felt your head going light, you could no longer keep yourself awake. “... move...”

THUD

Everything was dark again.

 

~

Squeak. Squeak.

God... Can’t a person get some rest?

Your eyes fluttered open to the sound of squeaking. You were lying on the bed in the nurse’s office. You had fainted due to exhaustion, and been carried to the nurse’s office. Yor head was pounding, but you felt much better than before.

You rose up in the bed and pulled at the opening of the curtains. You looked around the nurse’s office, but there was no one there.

“Mrs. Kim?” You called out to the school nurse.

You got up from the bed and straightened your uniform skirt.

“Mrs. Kim?” You called again.

This time you heard the rustling of blankets from the bed next to yours. You approached the shut curtains slowly. Extending your arm and grabbing the end of the curtain you called out again, “Mrs. Kim?” You pulled open the white curtains.

You were greeted the back of a man in a lab coat slouched over the empty bed.

“Excuse me?” You asked him

He turned around slowly. His posture was horrible, he had a hunched back and his arms were pulled in close to his chest. He wore thick round glasses and a surgeon's mouth mask. He held scalpels in both hands.

“Who are you?” You asked the stranger. You had never seen this man in your two years at the school.

He let out a small wheeze and held the two scalpels up close to one another. He started to rub the blades of the two together. It created an annoying squeaking sound, identical to the ones you awoke to before.

“What are you doing? Stop.” You told him as you covered your ears.

He stopped for a moment and stared at you. You saw his eyes turn in crescent moons through his thick glasses. He started to scrape the scalpels faster.

“Please, stop!” You begged him, but this only made him go faster.

You watched him as he scraped the scalpels. Your eyes went to the pocket of his lab coat, there was a large red spot on it, right under the name tag.

Mrs. Kim - Nurse

Your heart pounded fast. You didn’t have anytime to think, you bolted straight out of the curtained areas and the nurse’s office. You ran as fast as you could through the hallways. You could see from the windows, the sun was starting to set. You ran to the nearest exit you could find, but they were locked. You pounded on them with both hands, but to no avail you were locked in. School was over already and all the exits - except one, the back doors - were all closed.

You kneeled by the door and took deep breaths.

WHAT IS GOING ON? W-W-WAS THAT B-B-BLOOD? WAS IT MRS. KIM’S BLOOD?
IS THAT THE SAME THING AS THE GUY FROM THE BRIDGE?

Thoughts quickly went through your mind. Loud thudding footsteps could be heard from down the hallway. Your heart started to palpitate, you knew the footsteps were from him. You rose and ran away from the footsteps. You had to get out, quickly.

You ran all through out the school, every time you tried to get near the back doors, you could hear the footsteps nearing closer. Too scared to face that fiend again, you hid yourself in the supply closet of the 2nd floor.

What do I, do? What do I, do?

You panicked. Your mind started to think of every worst-case scenario, it could possibly imagine.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

You pulled your knees to your chest and buried your face into them. Tears flowed out of your eyes, uncontrollably. You didn’t know why these things were happening to you. You were confused and scared.

Please... Someone, anyone! Help me! Please tell me what is going on! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?!?!

-----

omg. So okay sorry for the super late update. I kind of... broke my computer... and lost all my writing (OMFG I WANT TO DIE. SOMEONE KILL ME PLS), but I'm good... I'll survive /starts crying in a super ugly fashion.

I will try my hardest to re-write them all and update sooner! Anyways, hope you enjoyed the update (IT WAS ORIGINALLY BETTER I SWEAR TO GOD, BUT I LOST EVERYTHING ADHSFGUOBASKVJUOGABV LJF).