Chapter Six

(Not a) Dirty Old Man

Chapter 6

 

Darkness flooded the room of the sleepover goers. Sunggyu and Sungjong had fallen asleep midway through the DVD they had decided upon and lie spread out, upon Sunggyu’s bed.

 

For lack of space they had no choice but to huddle together. Their legs tangled along with Sunggyu’s dark colored duvet, and Sungjong’s soft pretty face rested against Sunggyu’s shoulder. If the older had been awake surely he’d be hyper aware of the way the maknae’s ever exhale tickled gently against his bare skin, lightly teasing and of the wiggle of Sungjong’s cute toes against his inner calf.

 

But our old foolish grandpa was fast asleep, and deeply so that he didn’t hear the birdlike chime of his cellphone, indicating the arrival of a Kakao message. Sungjong stirred only slightly, groaning slightly in protest, turning his face so that his nose buried further into his leader.

 

The phone, however, chimed again and therefore would not remain ignored. Sungjong groggily lifted his head, noting briefly how his leader still slept soundly as if not hearing a thing. A slight sleepy smile spread across his lips before he reached over and took Sunggyu’s phone into his hand.

 

Looking down at the display though it only took a fraction of a second for the smile to disappear, instead being replaced by an expression of rage, disgust, and horror!

 

--SUNGGYU POV—

 

Good morning beautiful world!

 

I felt so well rested when I woke up. Maybe it was because I had such a good night with Sungjong even if I did end up falling asleep during the middle of a movie. I suppose that after I fell asleep Sungjong must have just went back to his bed because when I woke up in the morning he wasn’t there.

 

Or that’s what I thought… until…

 

“Good morning,” I greeted as I shuffled into the kitchen.

 

I received replies in various shades of enthusiasm ranging from groggy (Dongwoo) to super peppy (Sungyeol). But then there was nothing from Sungjong but the biggest scariest most evil glare from him straight at me digging all the way right into my very soul! It was intense, accusatory. I could feel his rage, I could taste it. It was so tangible.

 

Before I could say anything Sungjong got up loudly and threw his dishes into the sink and ran out the room, going out of his way to go around me as if I were radioactive scum.

 

“Sungjong,” I turned to call out to him but he was long gone and the sound of our bedroom door slamming indicated he really didn’t want me to follow him.

 

WHAT HAPPENED!? What did I do that was so wrong!? My heart… my poor heart can’t take it. I swear last night we ended on such good terms. What could possibly have happened in the time I was sleep until now that made him even more angry than he was in the first place?

 

I was so confused and in my confusion I went to work. But nothing helped. Each moment the day got worse and worse. We had to go to a bunch of schedules and Sungjong wasn’t acting like I existed at all. Apart from that glare in the morning I wasn’t acknowledged once not even in passing.

 

It was lunch and I just had to make this right. The staff laid out all of our lunch boxes so I ran up first and grabbed my lunch box and the box with Sungjong’s name on it. If I handed it to him he’d have to acknowledge me, right?

 

I was so nervous, my heart was slamming in my heart when I turned holding both our lunches.

 

“Sungjongie,” I called, seeing him walk into the room.

 

But he didn’t even look at me and just went straight past me to the lunches. Dongwoo was there too and grabbed his lunch.

 

“I don’t see my lunch,” Sungjong pouted.

 

“Sungjongie,” I said, trying again. “I have your lunch here.”

 

“Aish, it’s really not here,” Sungjong pouted looking around the table frantically.

 

“Sungjong-ah,” I took a step closer to the table.

 

Dongwoo looked at the lunch in my hand.

 

“Sungjong, Sunggyu hyung has your lunch,” he informed.

 

I sent the rapper a thankful look but Sungjong still didn’t acknowledge me.

 

“I found it!” Sungjong greeted and reached for the lunch that said “Sung Yeol.”

 

He tore off the “Yeol” part so the name tag only said “Sung” and threw the “Yeol” to the table and walked away.

 

I was stunned. What was that!? Sungjong was so mad at me that he even stole Sungyeol’s lunch so he wouldn’t have to talk or even look at me!? I was so shocked I couldn’t even react.

 

“Woah that’s harsh,” Dongwoo said. “What happened to him?!”

 

“Nothing happened!” I snapped, only knowing how to react angrily, since I didn’t want to show my sadness.

 

I threw Sungjong and my lunch on the floor and stormed out the room. I was so angry! I pushed past Sungyeol and Myungsoo as they were coming in. I didn’t care that I knocked Myungsoo into the wall when I did it!

 

I was so angry I ran to the bathroom and started kicking the doors inside.

 

What happened!? What did I do that was so wrong!?

 

---MYUNGSOO POV—

 

Today is so weird. Even though the sleepover last night was supposed to make Sunggyu and Sungjong get closer together it seems to have the opposite effect. Sungjong seems to want to erase the memory of our leader right from his mind. He won’t talk to him at all and even worse yet he won’t even talk to me!

 

Sungjong usually tells me everything! The fact he won’t even tell me this it’s just crazy! I got chills up my spine remembering what he said in the van when I asked him about Sunggyu. He looked at me with his dark eyes glittering and a smile on his face, but his words and eyes reflected pure evil.

 

“Kim Sunggyu?” Sungjong said. “He’s dead to me.”

 

Just remembering that I still have chills. I don’t want to be on Sungjong’s bad side ever. I can’t help but feel bad for Sunggyu. If his feelings for Sungjong are indeed sincere he really messed things up now.

 

I followed my Sungyeollie to the place where our lunch boxes are and it’s at that moment Sunggyu storms out. He’s so upset that he pushed me into the wall. Sungyeol was by my side and rubbed my back.


“Wah, baby are you ok?” he asked me.

 

I blushed and nodded looking up at him, “Yeah, but Sunggyu hyung is really mad. I think this is really serious.”

 

Sungyeol just rolled his eyes.

 

“No. He’s just being a moody old man,” Sungyeol said. He then walked over to the table with our lunches.

 

I followed not believing that Sungjong can be so casual about it. He really messed up our leader and maknae relationship. Those two are obviously not on good terms. How can he not even feel guilty about it?

 

I walked to the table and saw Sungyeol was looking at a paper that only said “Yeol” and there were two lunches smashed all over the ground.

 

“What the hell?” I said.

 

“Sunggyu hyung just threw these lunches down before storming off,” Dongwoo explained.


“Why?” I asked.

 

“Well, he picked up the lunches for him and Sungjong but Sungjong refused to take the lunch from him and Leader got mad and threw the lunches down and ran out.”

 

“What in the hell!?” I thought. I looked at SungYeol with a glare.

 

“You have to clean up this mess!” I said, pointing my finger at him.

 

“What!?” he protested. “I didn’t throw this food everywhere.”

 

“No you idiot. I mean the mess you made of this situation.”

 

Sungyeol for once actually looked a little guilty and his shoulders sagged.

 

“I just wanted to help them,” he said.

 

“I know…” I said and hugged him. “Here you can have half of my lunch since yours disappeared.”

 

I picked up my lunch box and gave it to him.

 

“I’m going to talk to Sungjong and find out what really happened. You have to talk to Sunggyu, ok?”

 

Sungyeol nodded and I walked away to go find Sungjong. It’s times like this when I really can’t help but wonder how it is that he’s the hyung between us. Even Sungjong has more sense than him sometimes. But I guess that’s partly why I like him so much in the end. Foolish me. I can’t help but smile thinking of Sungyeol’s cute guilty face as I go into the hall to find our maknae.

 

-to be continued-

 

AN- haha well! What do you think got Sungjong so mad!? also sorry for all the OOC. THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COMMENTING!

 

Who is excited for infinite world tour? i'm so nervous just thinking of it.