I.

A Ballerina's Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For one last time, Seohee, an aspiring ballerina decided to visit her old dance school. She missed this place so much, she was gone for almost four months and there weren’t any changes aside from those new pictures in the hallway. She walked slowly and noticed something; her picture that was once placed in the center was removed and was changed to her biggest rival, Bae Suzy. She couldn’t do anything about it; she knew Suzy was a lot better than her. They weren’t close but they are friends though they were rivals. She continued walking with the help of her crutches and watched the students perform from a far.

A few moments later, she found herself in front of their old practice room. Staring at the door knob whether to open it or leave, she couldn’t choose. That’s when she realized; she hated that cast around her ankle, the crutches and most of that entire big mistake she did that made her lost everything. She lost her parents, ability to walk properly and to dance. If she didn’t insist driving drunk and injured, this would not happen.

“Miss, do you need something?” Seohee was startled; she knows that voice very well. Seohee turned around and saw her best friend, Hyosung looking at her.

“Seohee?” Hyosung immediately hugged Seohee, she let go of her crutches and hugged her friend.

“I’m so worried, you didn’t answer any of my calls, messages or emails for the past four months,” Hyosung whined.

“I’m sorry, I’m too busy,” Seohee forced a smile.

“Where have you been?”

“Away,”

“Yeah, I heard about the accident, I’m sorry about that,”

“It’s okay, Hyosung unnie,” Seohee smiled. She slowly bent to get her crutches.

“Seohee, what is this?” Hyosung pointed at her crutches.

“Ah this, I injured myself,” Seohee smiled softly to avoid any further questions.

“Is this because of the contest or the accident?” Seohee shook her head.

“I fell down the stairs last month,” She lied and fortunately, Hyosung believed her. It was actually from that accident, she permanently damaged her ankle and it will never ever recover.

“Would you want to see the others?” Hyosung asked.

“Is Daehyun here?” She asked. Ever since she lost in that contest, Daehyun blamed himself for everything but Seohee actually knew it was her fault, her stubbornness.

“I think so,” Hyosung replied.

Seohee bit her lip, unable to speak. She couldn’t face Daehyun, not in this condition.

“I think, I should just go,” Seohee suggested.

“No, you won’t go without greeting them,” Hyosung held Seohee’s hands.

“I just,” There was a short pause.

“I couldn’t face them, not in this condition,” Seohee explained, she pities herself and even regrets coming back to their school. She was only planning to get some of her things and go to Jeju but everything became complicated.

“Hyosung, who is that?”

Seohee froze on her place, she knew that deep voice. She wanted to hide, or even disappear immediately.

“Hyosung noona!”

‘NO!’ Seohee thought. There’s no using hiding or even running, she’s been caught by B.A.P, by Daehyun’s group. Tears were about to escape Seohee’s eyes, Hyosung could only look at her and gave her a mask.

“Wear that,” She said. Seohee could only agree, there’s nothing to lose, if she tries.

“Who is she?” Himchan asked Hyosung.

“My cousin, Seri,”

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Seohee spoke in Busan dialect.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seri,” Youngjae shook her hand.

Seohee looked around and saw Daehyun staring at her. Daehyun on the other hand was suspicious, he knew, he saw those eyes before. He could only think of one person.

“Seohee?” He blurted out, B.A.P members looked at him.

“She couldn’t be, Seohee noona doesn’t use crutches,” Zelo defended but he looked back at Seohee who was removing her mask.

“I guess, I couldn’t hide from you guys,” She forced a smile.

“Since when did you start using this?” Jong Up asked.

“Last month, I fell from the stairs, it was painful,” She pouted.

“Will you recover noona?” Zelo asked.

“Of course,” She lied                        

“Noona, let’s go to the practice room! I’ve learned a lot of new steps,” Zelo said excitedly. Seohee chuckled.

“Okay, show noona then,” Zelo grabbed Seohee’s hands.

“CHOI JUNHONG!” Daehyun forcefully removed Zelo’s hand from Seohee. If Zelo continued pulling Seohee, she could’ve fall.

“Why?”

“Why did you grab her hand as if she’s not using crutches?” Daehyun exclaimed. The last time they saw Daehyun angry was long ago.

“Sorry noona,”

“It’s okay Zelo,”

“Why are you yelling, Daehyun? You’re scaring Zelo,” Seohee said as calm as possible.

“Maybe Seohee’s hungry, let’s all go to the cafeteria,” Yongguk suggested. Daehyun stayed behind Seohee, looking at how she walks. He took the initiative to just carry her.

“Seohee, stop,” Seohee stopped on her track and Daehyun immediately removed her crutches and gave it to Youngjae who was beside Seohee. She was shocked as she could not do anything. Daehyun would always be the one taking care of her and yet, she managed to lie to him. Seohee misses the times when they were still together, the times when everything seems so fine.

After a few minutes, they arrived at the cafeteria. Daehyun managed to find a comfortable seat for Seohee. For Daehyun, he didn’t stop loving her and he couldn’t let her go, not in this situation.

“Thank you, Dae,” Seohee smiled.

"What are you planning to do while recovering?” Youngjae asked.

“I am planning to go to Busan and stay with my cousins,” She smiled. She actually don’t have any cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter