More Information

Royalty Pains

Mythical Creatures

Dark Elves:

            Like elves, they have pointed ears and are highly intelligent creatures capable of performing magic. Dark elves, however, have a light grey-blue skin tone and their hair color is naturally silver. Dark elves are found in the dark forests of Vlascu and are feared for their ability to perform dark magic. Like their elf counterpart, dark elves are master craftsmen and their works are prized throughout the entire continent. Unlike regular elves, however, their numbers are small and they are capable of lacing their weaponry with dark spells. Dark elves live in clans and are rather exclusive species, humans being the last species they would ever want to interact with.

Centaurs:

            Centaurs are known as the most intelligent and fastest species on land due to their human upper half and horse like lower half respectively. Centaurs are a proud and courageous group, known for their strength and loyalty. Since there aren’t a large number of them, they tend to live with other centaurs, or herds of around 10 to 20. Centaurs are capable of living anywhere on the continent, from Tynassey to Boriice but they tend to prefer places like Aria and Henencia.

Mermaids:

            Mermaids are beautiful half human, half dolphin creatures who take great pride in their beauty, grace and mastery in the arts. Although limited to the sea, they have been able to build underwater tunnels that can take them to the inner lakes of the continent. Along with dark elves and elves, they are also capable of performing magic to the point that they were able to concoct a potion that, once consumed, will allow mermaids to walk on land with two feet however their webbed fingers and toes refrain them from blending in with humans. Since they come from the waters, they tend to migrate with the whales but it is capable to tell which waters a school of mermaids come from due to the pigmentation of their tails. For example, Northern water mermaids have a more blue toned tail that shines a magnificent silver in the sun while mermaids from the South tend to have a more green tone tail that resembles the rainbow when under light. Because the beauty of their tails, their scales are highly prized and although they once used to be hunted in the ancient past, it is now illegal to touch a mermaid by law of the King.

Elves:

            The light counterparts to the dark elves, elves tend to have ivory colored skin and auburn hair. Along with the pointed ears and high intelligence, elves are also capable of performing magic, or light magic as they call it. Although they are capable craftsmen, they do not spend majority of their time creating weapons or armor unless asked by Grand Duke Cross or the King. Elves live in a single large community in the Eastern forests of Aria in the heads of trees. They are one of the more accepted non-H (non human) species and are very fond of the Cross family.

Lamia:

            Human torsos and serpent like lower halves, Lamia are very secretive and tend to always keep to themselves.  They prefer to live in more swamp, jungle type areas but thanks to their upper human halves, they are capable of regulating their body temperature and thus can live in places like Vlascu and Boriice (although rare to find them in Boriice). Lamias normally live in packs and are matriarchal in their form of government. Although secretive, lamia show to be highly loyal and protective of family.

Forest Nymphs:

            Creatures that are eternally connected to the Earth, these species are literally rooted to the Earth, large up grown roots substituting their legs. Since they are rooted to the Earth and resemble trees, they are capable of living to become as old as the oldest tree. And like a tree, they can only be killed when uprooted and torn away from the Earth. Forest nymphs can either be loving or cold depending on their location. They are capable of living anywhere on the continent and although their living conditions may vary from group to group, there is one thing all forest nymphs have in common and that is their distaste towards the human race.

Harpies:

            Harpies are isolationist creatures by nature, refusing to make contact with anyone outside of their species. They take the appearance of a human with bird like features: talons in place of hands and feet and large feathered wings growing out from their shoulder blades. Harpies tend to not show themselves to humans and if they were to, they are a very intimidating and daunting species. Harpies tend to stay in darker, gloomier areas and like birds, migrate when the cold starts to pick in up North. However, unlike birds, they can withstand cooler temperatures thanks to their human like body that allows them to regulate their body temperature.

Gargoyles:

            Gargoyles are one of the most feared non-H species in the continent for their demon like features: clawed feet, sharp claws, outgrown canines, bat-like wings, leather like skin and the fact that they reside in the darkest province in the continent (Vlascu) doesn’t help their case. Because they are so highly feared, Gargoyles would rather prefer not to associate with humans and sometimes even other non-H species. Although their numbers are small, they are proud of what they have and honor aspects of bravery, selflessness, and family.

Fairies:

            Fairies are small sprites that are a friend of nature and the most accepted non-H species. They enjoy creating mischief and having fun but also specialize in different fields to keep their community going. Fairies are the most sociable of the non-H species, willing to confront humans easily. They are normally located in the deep forests of Aria and although they may seem small and harmless, fairies are no pushovers when tested.

Golems:

            Golems are calm and collected, just trying to get by type of speices. They take the form of rocks and so they are capable of camouflaging easily all around the world. They are normally very family orientated and thus tend to stay together. And although they are capable of living anywhere, they prefer remote locations away from humans and possibly other non-H species if able.

Phoenix:

            A phoenix is a mythical flamed bird that travels around the world. Since there is only one, they are very rare to see. Reborn from their ashes, it’s impossible to see the same phoenix twice. They are believed to be signs of good fortune and prosperity. Although many people have chased after the phoenix in hopes of capturing it, it has proven to be impossible.

Note: All creatures listed on this list are of equal intelligence to humans. Elves and Dark elves are the smartest of them all though.

 

Laws of the Estania
(made by the king)

  1. Violence of any kind, human and non human, shall not be tolerated
  2. It is illegal to hunt any non human creature for financial or material gain.
  3. A Duke, Arch, or Grand Duke title can only be given and taken away by the King himself.
  4. Each Duke, Arch Duke, or Grand Duke of the province is allowed to decree laws onto their provinces so long as it does not coincide with the laws of the King
  5. The King’s judgment is law.
  6. Offenses breaking these terms will be tried at the court of the King. Offenses breaking the laws of the province shall be tried by the Duke, Arch, or Grand Duke.

(There’s more but these are the ones that apply to the story)