Chapter 25. Matchmaking Melody?

The Lion's Lioness

Chapter 25

 

Angel waited for the elevator while picturing the surprised expressions the girls would have when she knocked on their door.

As the door opened a man coming out bumped into her and as she looked up to apologize and tell him it was her fault for not moving aside she stared in shock.

Her eyes scanned his red hair and darker skin and when he smiled at her, his teeth a brilliant white she knew who he was.

She had done research after talking with Trina, Summer, and Yhinny and there was no hesitancy in her voice when she spoke to him.

“I know you.”

The man smiled again. “You are a fan?”

“No.” She said softly and watched confusion cross his face.

“You are N aren’t you? The Korean singer?”

He nodded his puzzlement obvious.

Seeing the doors starting to close Angel apologized again for causing the collision and hurried onto the elevator. She saw he was still looking at her when the doors closed and she took a deep breath. N was here…which meant that Leo probably was too…

Oh dear, this could be a problem she thought as she got out on the floor the girls were staying on.

Reaching their door she knocked lightly and waited.

Melody opened the door and when she realized who stood in front of her she shrieked in joy. Pouncing Angel she hugged her tightly. Summer, Trina, and Yhinny also spilled out into the hall, laughing and hugging her excitedly all the while asking her questions.

 

 

Melody and the others were laughing when the door to the pizza parlor opened up and she saw a familiar face walk in.

Excusing herself she hurried up to him. “Hello Oppa.”

“Hello Melody, did you enjoy finding out who your partner was?”

Blushing she nodded,  “Will you please join us?”

At his nod she smiled and linked her arm through his, escorting him back to the table as the others caught sight of him and greeted him.

“Oppa I’d like you to meet a very good friend of mine, this is Angel.”

“Angel this is Ji Hoon but he’s better known as his stage name Rain. He and Trina are going to be singing together tomorrow.”

 

Rain’s eyes opened wide as he stared at the tiny woman with a dazed expression.

When she got to her feet to greet him he realized she didn’t even quite reach his shoulder. He had teased Melody for being so short, but he realized as the two women stood side by side that she was even a couple inches shorter then Melody.

Reaching out to shake her extended hand he was amazed at how tiny it was, almost like a child’s hand. Pulling up a chair he sat next to Melody, and across from Angel. While they chatted his eyes occasionally caught hers before she would duck her head.

 

Melody watched the sparks flying between the two and leaned back in her chair feeling very satisfied with herself for introducing them.

She looked over at Trina who was also watching them and when Trina saw her watching she smiled crookedly and shrugged a shoulder.

Melody smiled slowly and mouthed thank you to Trina.

She had wondered if she would be upset with how besotted the girl had been earlier with Rain, but she seemed to be okay with the interest he was showing in Angel.

 

Walking back into the hotel later Melody hid a smile when Angel told her that she would be up in a few moments.

Stopping at the little gift shop to grab an energy drink she thought she heard her name.

Looking around she didn’t see anyone so she made her way to the elevator, her limp a little more noticeable from all the dancing she and the others had done earlier…