Hot Issue [I]

taengled's TaeNy Oneshot Collection!

 

Ping. It’s another e-mail of crap from her editor. And another e-mail means another extra job. Nice. Tired or not, this is a must for Stephanie.

The e-mail came with another task for other news. Kim Taeyeon, the famous soloist, is in town. Stephanie acts mostly “so-so”, because she never heard any of her songs, and Stephanie likes American culture more than Korean culture; which made her apart from the country’s newest trends. (Even actually, the soloist itself debuted in 2007, and Stephanie started to like western culture at the same year.)

When she read the e-mail, it had no words more than one paragraph, but this:

Find Kim Taeyeon tomorrow.

Her editor could be so bossy sometimes. It’s clear that the task is hard to do for Stephanie. Of course it is hard if you have nothing to drive around the town except a pink, slow Vespa. What a poor women here.

She replied the e-mail (almost hitting the keyboards with her fist), trying to be as patient as she could:

But Miss Editor, I can’t go anywhere. My Vespa is slow and its bright pinkish color will bother anyone’s eyes.

Unsurprisingly, her editor replies with an incredible speed; and a sharp answer also.

Miss Hwang, stop saying damned stuff in your reply. We’re going to send a car for you (Jinki will drive it to your apartment) tomorrow at 6 a.m., and you can use it like crazy. Thank you.

Jinki is Stephanie’s friend, but even Jinki is her friend, she’s not hoping anyone to deliver the car to her apartment. She doesn’t even want to do her editor’s instruction.

And unfortunately, it’s the only way to feed her body (and, her little cute cat.). So she must do it, in any ways.

 

 

“Good morning, Tiffany,” Jinki greeted when he saw Stephanie standing in front of the apartment entrance. “Here’s your car.”

“Good morning, Jinki.” She nodded as a response. “Thank you,” she added, as Jinki dropped the car key on her hand.

“I envy you,” said Jinki. “This Kim Taeyeon is really amazing, you know. The editor should’ve sent me to do that.”

Stephanie, actually, finds nothing really “interesting” in Kim Taeyeon. Last night, she browsed (at Wikipedia, Naver, Google, anywhere) and she’s just a soloist born in March 9, 1989 with some awesome awards. There’s nothing’s more from the girl for Stephanie.

Stephanie turns on the car and drives to the park (“Good luck!” Jinki shouted). Before looking for Kim Taeyeon (editor’s newest e-mail: ask her 50 questions below!), she decided to sit on the bench in the park to write stories: Stephanie is a girl with a head full with fresh ideas.

She hates when she sent her chaptered stories to the editor as a weekly column but the editor refused to add it to the magazine.

When she arrived, she’s ready with her laptop and the question list.

And it’s when she saw her. She’s more flawless than her appearances in newspapers, tabloids, magazines, articles: Kim Taeyeon.