Chapter 5

Ice Princess' Barrier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal opened her eyes slowly, feeling a bit tired and dizzy. She reached for her phone beside her and turned it on. There were more than ten missed calls and some voicemail, she bet it was mostly from Jongin. She listened to it one by one.

“Stal, why you turned off your phone?” Jongin’s voice spoke. “Are you at home? Call me when you can.”

She clicked the second one. It was Jongin again. “Cousin, still sleeping? Turn your phone on and call me soon.”

The third one was still Jongin, but now he sounded annoyed. “Yah, Jung Soojung! I’ll give up on calling you, just don’t forget to eat okay? I’ll come over after classes.”

When she was about to click the fourth one, someone knocked her door. It must be Jongin. She forced herself to wake and heading to the mirror first. Her hair was messy, dark circle still appeared under her eyes but the rest was okay. There was no trace that she had cried. She combed her hair and opened her door. She couldn’t be more shocked than this.

“Myungsoo?” she stared at the man in front of her. How the hell he knew my address? No one knows where I live, except-

“Jongin didn’t tell me anything. He keep his promise, if that’s what you’re wondering,” Myungsoo said to her, keeping his smile. “Obviously you haven’t checked my voicemail. Can I come in?”

 Krystal stood still for a second, then leading him in to the living room. Her apartment was small, nothing like her house. From the living room you can see her works. There was a table and a sewing machine at the corner near the window and she used one side of wall to hang her sketches and designs. Myungsoo couldn’t be more amazed as he sit on the long couch, with Krystal across him.

“I got your address from your faculty. I had no other way because Jongin didn’t want to tell me or Minho anything,” he explained. “We’re really worried about you. This morning was overboard. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, Myungsoo, You don’t have anything to sorry about,” Krystal finally spoke. “As you see, I’m okay already.”

“I’m not here to say sorry about this morning. It’s more than that. I’m sorry for not really paying attention to your problem. I always knew that you had a thing, people talked about it all the time. But since you always good on hiding it, I thought it was nothing big. We knew each other since eight years ago but I realized I know nothing about you.”

“We may not that close during our school days, but now it’s different,” he spoke again while Krystal kept her silence. “I felt like we’re closer than ever, you can count on me on anything, aren’t we friends?”

Krystal still in dazed. She felt weird because everyone suddenly cared for her. She was confused yet she nodded.

“Really?” Myungsoo made sure. “Then can you do me a favor?”
­­­­­­­_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

As expected, Choi’s parties never failed to appear grandly. Even though it was just a homecoming party, Minho could tell how many and how important these people who got invited, because it wasn’t his first time to come. It was too much for a homecoming. He bet Sooyoung didn’t even know who those people were. He sit at the table alone, waiting for Jongin and Myungsoo to come, and hopefully Krystall too. After Jongin refused to give him her address, he couldn’t reach her at all because she didn’t answered her phone. He was worried, everyone was. He met Sulli earlier and she told him that she invited Krytal through Jongin because she couldn’t reach Krystal too. Then she left him alone because she had to greet another guest.

“What are you looking at, Minho?” Jongin pull a chair and sit beside him. “A date?”

“Nothing,” he shrugged. “Where is Myungsoo? You guys didn’t come together?”

“Nope, he got a date,” Jongin told him, then pointed a couple that just came to the hall. “There they are.”

Minho saw Myungsoo came inside, greeted some people near the entrance. He looked handsome in his black suite, neat as always. Minho then took a look at the girl beside him, the black tube dress fell stunningly to her knees. Her wavy hair covered her bare shoulder gorgeously. She looked angelic and flawless. She was Krystal, coming hand-in hand with Myungsoo, not to mention they looked good together. If there’s a thing he didn’t want to see at that moment was that couple. Even so, he was worried for her badly, so just seeing her being okay was enough for now. He would deal with the jealousy later.

“He looked for her address by himself, I didn’t tell him either,” he told Minho when Minho shot him a glare. “I’m just trying to keep my promise to her, okay? The last thing she need is me being a betrayer. I don’t want to make her shut herself.”

“I know,” Minho nodded, taking a sip of his champagne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter