Ok, let's talk about your crush.

Not Your Ordinary Boyfriend

H A N A

The four of them went out of my apartment already. It's only Jonghyun and I left in this room. 

"Aren't you gonna ride with Key?" I asked him. 

He closed the door and turned around, "Nope. I'm gonna help you clean up all this mess." He demonstrated where. 

I raised my eyebrow, "So you're finally becoming a gentleman, eh?" 

He squinted his eyes, "Maybe." He rubbed the back of his neck. 

Picking up the trashes and cups, it wasn't like him at all. My heartbeat started to beat faster and I found it hard to breathe. It was so silent in here, like this moment is meant to be a romantic scene for the both of us. Which is totally ridiculous because I'm not his type at all. 

I helped him pick up some of the trashes then he started talking while we were cleaning. 

"Hana." 

"Yeah?" 

"Is there any possible way that two bestfriends can be lovers but not be emotionally attached?" 

"Huh?" I chuckled, "No. If they're lovers, they have this sort of emotional attachment. Are you talking about Friends With Benefits?"

"Hell no. It's just that you're lovers and friends at the same time. Something like that."

"I'm confused. I really have no idea what you're talking about. Ask Key about these things." 

"Why can't I ask you?" 

"Because I never had a boyfriend." I sighed. Great, now my mood's kinda ruined. 

"You never told me that before." He looks confused. 

"You never asked." 

"Well do you want a boyfriend?" 

"Like now?"

"Yeah."

"Umm, not really. I don't know. I'm not thinking about it in the moment." 

He nodded. 

For me, there was a bit of an awkward silence but for him, I don't know. Maybe he doesn't consider this awkward. After all, we're close friends. 

His phone rang. 

"Okay, I'll be back there soon. Alright? Sleep tight!" he said and hung up the phone. "It's Mi Young." 

"You should go. I appreciate the help." I smiled at him. 

He smiled back and turned around towards the door. A few seconds passed and why on earth am I still not hearing the door open. 

I looked back and he was walking towards me. He hugged me real tight. My face was buried onto his chest. I can feel his chin above my head. He gave a gentle kiss on my head. "Happy birthday Hana." He left an item into my hand walked out the door. 

I opened my hand and it was a piece of earring. Where's the other pair? 

 

 

It was 3:44 a.m and I still can't sleep. I don't know what's with Jonghyun. Not that I think he likes me or anything but why would he be so close to me. I mean, he has a girlfriend, Mi Young. And the earring, what was that. It didn't even look like an accesory. It kinda looked plain and classy. 

3:52 a.m. Still can't sleep. That's it. I give up. I'm calling Key. 

Come on, please answer. I thought. 

"Wae?" his sleepy voice answered.

"I know. I know I'm a for calling at 3 in the morning. Can we talk?" 

"On the phone or outside?"

"Uhh.. whatever you prefer." 

"Okay. Fine. Let's meet at the coffee shop in your apartment building." 

"I love you. You're the bestest friend ever."

"Love you too." he said it in a very sloppy manner. Aww. 

Key and I were this close. 

 

We were the only ones in the cafe and we were eating some cheesecake. I observed his face, seems like he's really tire. He was stirring his espresso with his other hand supporting his cheek. 

"So what's this about? If it's about your crazy crush about Jonghyun, consider me as the best listener to go all the way here in 3am to listen to your fangirl stories." he smiled. 

I laughed and patted his shoulder. "I love you so much then. Pinky promise." I smiled.

"Well, I do know that he stayed after your birthday party a while ago since he didn't ride with us." 

"Yeah, weird thing was he umm." I pulled the earring from my pocket, "he gave me this."

He looked closely to the earring. "Wow. What a move. Maybe it's some kind of friendship earring, I guess?" 

"Does Jonghyun normally flirt with girls?" 

He grinned, "that kinda depends. He's really bored with his lovelife, as of now. I can tell you that he doesn't really like Mi Young anymore."

"Then why would he stick with her?"

"Because, he doesn't have a reason to break up. He'd be a douchebag if he breaks up with her just because there's no fun or lack or entertainment, . Anything like that. He respects women." 

"Oh." 

"Well, I feel bad for him. It's like he's tied against that lady forever. Mi Young didn't do anything wrong though but she's been busy with work and she's always tired. She doesn't get to spend much time with Jjong and she is really concerned about money right now." He took a sip with his coffee. "We both know Jjong isn't a serious adult, right?"

I laughed, "Yeah, he still acts like he's still in high school."

"He isn't irresponsible. He just doesn't take life to seriously like how Mi Young does." 

I just nodded since I had nothing else left to say. 

"So, you got any plans on hooking up with Jonghyun?" 

"It's impossible." 

"Why not? He'd be better off with you than that boring lady." 

 

 

Well here's chapter one, guys! :D It's already 3:19 AM in my watch and I'm not planning to sleep. Haha. Hope you like this chapter and don't forget to comment your thoughts on this chapter! :D 

Joline xoxo