Our Story

The One For Me
It was Febuary 14, 2010 when I first met him. Valentines day to be exact, I was just sitting on a bench beside a fountain on the park when I suddenly noticed someone sit beside me. At first, I didn't dare to acknowledge his presence, for all I know he could just be an old cranky man wanting to be left alone in silence, so I just sat there trying to shrug off the awkwardness I was feeling. And then after a few minutes of silence, that was when I heard his voice and I swear to God the moment he opened his mouth the world suddenly stopped. "Annyeong! My name is Nichkhun", he introduced himself to me. I spun on my seat and looked at the man beside me, he looked like a god, and before I could respond, he asked again "What is your name?". "Yuri, Kwon Yuri", I answered him still a bit fazed. He asked me more questions and our friendship went on from there. April 19, 2010 We still kept in contact. He called me from time to time and before we knew it, our friendship blossomed into something bigger but both of us were too oblivious about it. It was just an ordinary day for me. I woke up, took a bath, and went to work but during lunch, that's when I received a message. From: Khun Oppa Yuri-ah, can you meet me for dinner later ? To: Khun Oppa Sure!, but why? From: Khun Oppa Can't I just have dinner with my bestfriend?? Pick you up at 7. ;) byee. - ------ And here I am right now, in my house waiting for Nichkhun to arrive. I heard my doorbell ring and immediately went and open the door, and that was when I saw him, standing there with that same angelic smile he always wear, and that was when I have realized. I have fallen for this man. - ------ After eating dinner, he asked if we could go for a walk on the park and who was I to disagree? We sat on the very same bench that we sat on the day that we first met. We sat in comfortable silence for a while before he decided to speak. "Remember the first time we were here Yuri-ah?", he asked and I just smiled in response. "Do you know why out of all the available benches here at the park that day I still chose to sit next to you?". "Why?", I asked with him with confusion visible on my face. He breathed in deeply before answering me. "Because when I saw you here sitting here alone on this very bench, my world suddenly started moving into slow-motion. Sounds corny right?, but that's the truth. I had trouble contemplating if I should approach you or not, but then I thought, if I would walk away then this might be my last only time to see you, that maybe I would never get the chance to meet you again, so I took the chance and sat beside you. It took me minutes to find my courage and by the time I was sure that I had it, I introduced myself to you. It took you a few moments to answer and that's why I asked you another question to lessen the awkwardness that I was starting to feel. And that was when I heard your voice and the very first thing that came into my mind was 'She might be the one'. Days past and our friendship grew bigger. I was slowly falling for your charms but I was afraid to tell you the truth because I was afraid of ruining our friendship. But right now, I am willing to take the risk and ask you this because maybe, just maybe, you are feeling the same way.. Have you fallen for me?, because I certainly have." I was left speechless about what you confessed. It took me a few moments to moments to find my voice and when I have regained it back I said "Yes", and I swear, the smile that crept on your face was the biggest one I have seen you wear. You started leaning in and when I realized what you wear doing, I slowly closed my eyes and started leaning in too. And that was when it happened, our lips touched and I felt my heart skip a beat. You are certainly the one for me. January 15, 2013 (Present Time) Days, months, and years passed and our love is now stronger than ever. Sure, we had little misunderstandings now and then, but that's what made us even stronger. And now here we are, standing side by side, on top of the aisle in a local church saying our I Do's. And I knew then, that I was gonna spend the rest of my life with you.