Safe and Sound

Late At Night [Mingyu OneShot]

'Safe and Sound'
 


 

You sighed and closed your eyes, holding your phone closer to your ear, hearing Mingyu's breathing softly.

"Mingyu, you are going to stay on the phone with me?"
"Yes, i will" He answered shortly, but he was smiling, you could tell by the sound of his voice.
"All night?"
"Yes baby, now sleep."

[15minutes of silence]

"Mingyu?" You called his name through the phone
"Yes?"
"And if the connection falls?"
"You'll be sleeping already"
"But what if I am awake?"
"You call me back. Now close your beautiful eyes" Mingyu answered in a whisper, still having patience with you.
"Neh, I will."

[10minutes later]

"Mingyu, you're still there?"
"Yes baby, and i'm not going to leave until you fall asleep."
"And if the batery dies?"
"It's full baby! You worry too much."
"I'm sorry, i'm being a burden!"
"No, you're not. Just try to sleep, or tomorrow you won't be able to get up to go to school." Mingyu answered in a sleepy tone and eyes closed while talking with you."
"Those nightmares cameback."
"They are not real! Think about unicorns, beautiful unicorns and those bad feelings will fade away soon."

[1hour later, you are still awake, completely awake]

"Are you still awake?" Mingyu whispered, while looking at his ceiling, eyes closed and his chest rising and falling.
"Yes." You answered shortly.
"Dear God, you're not going to sleep?"
"I'm afraid of..."
"Sleeping alone, I know, I know you too well." He answered with a small chuckle. "Look, i'm going to teach you something, listen carefully. Grab four pillows and place them around you."
"Done" You answered, looking around with doubt written all over your face."
"Now grab your blanket and lay down, placing it on top of your body."
"Okay, what about now?"
"Now stay there! You are inside of the magic castle of princesses, inside of that castle you are protected, no one can hurt you. Now close your eyes! Imagine myself next to you, hugging your body closer to mine, kissing your neck and your lips like we always do when we are together. Better now?" Mingyu asked, with love in his voice, trying to make you go to sleep.
"Much better."

"I keep imagining when we are going to be able to sleep like that, my body closer to yours. My body will be your sheet, and i'll be able to protect you, protect what is mine. I now i'm a little bit rough sometimes, but you are so little and fragile, I just want to protect you from this bad world where we live. I can't sleep while you are still awake, you know? What if I sleep and something happens to you? I would die. I can't stand the idea of something or someone hurting my little princess. That's what you are a little princess." Mingyu said through the phone, biting his lip, smiling from time to time, remembering everything you guys had together, the ups and downs, the kisses , the hugs, the fights, the jokes!

But all that he heard was silence and you, breathing slowly and peacefully.
He smiled to himself, proud of what he did, proud that he helped you to fall asleep.

"She fell asleep." He whispered hanging up the phone, and keeping talking to himself. "Mission acomplished. The princess is safe now."