1.

Patiently Waiting
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Bongcha woke up on Wednesday morning with her head pounding and stinging with pain. She let out a frustrated groan as she sat up in her king bed with white bedding. She immediately wanted to lay back down and sink down into the mattress. Ignoring the voice in her head, she got out of bed. Her bare feet touched the cold floor sending shiver up along her body.

Another groan escaped her lips as she came to the conclusion that she didn’t have any aspirins in the house. No matter where she looked she couldn’t find any.

Picking up her phone, she dialed in the number she’d dialed so many times that she knew it by heart.

“Hello?” the voice on the other line answered.

“Hanbyul” Bongcha’s raspy voice said, surprising herself with how sick she sounded.

“Who’s this?”

“Bongcha. I’m sick”

“Oh no!” Hanbyul gasped on the other line “That ”

“Yeah, I know. I think we have to cancel our plans for today”

“It’s okay” Bongcha could tell that Hanbyul was smiling by the tone in her voice “We’ll just meet up a day when you feel better”

“Thanks” Bongcha smiled.

 

Her head was spinning as she walked into the kitchen. Her stomach had made a complaining sound during her and Hanbyul’s conversation. She searched the cabinets, the freezer and refrigerator but couldn’t find anything that looked appealing.

It was with heavy steps she returned to her room. All she wanted to do was to sleep until she felt better but she didn’t want to ruin her circadian so she decided to watch a movie. It wasn’t hard at all finding one that she wanted to watch. Howl’s Moving Castle, her favorite.

 

“Why can’t I meet Howl?” Bongcha sighed as the ending of the movie was coming to an end. “Can you tell me that, Changmin?” she looked down at the cuddly rabbit she had gotten from Hanbyul and Byuntae. She played with his ear, the soft fur made her fingers tingle.

Bongcha was startled when she heard a knock on the door. She didn’t expect anyone to come over so she tipped toed through the apartment to the front door. She peeked through the peeking hole and let out a sigh when she saw who was standing outside.

“Onew” she smiled as she opened the door “What are you doing here?”

Onew was standing outside with his hands buried in his jeans pockets. His bangs were messily draped over his forehead, ending right above his dark brown eyes, which were looking straight into her eyes. He was biting his bottom lip and was swaying back and forth on his feet.

“Hanbyul called” he shyly smiled “She said that you were sick”

“Yeah, I am” Bongcha had to look away for a second to calm herself down. There was something about Onew

Please log in to read the full chapter