The Last Voicemail; 잘가요 내사랑

[One-Shot] The Last Voicemail; 잘가요 내사랑

-


[A/N: The music is actually really important! So listen to it if you can!!]

 

Listen to this! --> CLICK!



“Is it that difficult to forget him…?”


“I’ve told you, never to mention him again!”


“Forget him.”


“…”

Junsu left her on the day of their 4th year anniversary. His lifeless body, on the ground, a ring tightly held in his hand. He wanted to propose, but he didn’t get a chance to.

Since that day, she lost her heart and soul. She spent her life locking up her heart; she tried really hard to be strong in front of everyone, except for Yoochun.

--

“Ri In…”

“Yoochun oppa! What brings you here?” She smiled at him.

Her smile isn’t something he wanted to see now… He stared at her as she looked away and continued wiping the violins in the store.

“Ri In, cry if you want to.”

“Oppa, why would I cry?” She turned her back on him and placed the violin back up, and took another one.

“Ri In…”

“Oppa, I’m fine.” She forced out a small laugh and continued wiping.

It’s been 2 days since Junsu left this world, and Ri In hasn’t shed a tear. It worries Yoochun even more when she’s like that; he’d rather she cry her eyes out instead of keeping everything inside her. Frustrated, Yoochun snatched the violin out of her hands, placed it on the table and held Ri In’s shoulder.

“Look at me, Ri. Junsu already left this world. He’s never coming back.” Making a point to make Ri In look at him.

Ri In frowned, it’s not as if she doesn’t know, she just wants to forget about it, forget about how Junsu died in front of her, forget about how she fought with Junsu, forget about how she didn’t get a chance to say sorry and also… Forget about how she didn’t get a chance to say goodbye too.

Ri In swallowed hard, forced a smile and lightly pushed Yoochun’s hands away.

“Oppa, I know.” She picked up the violin and continued wiping.

Yoochun sighed. Unable to control his anger, he snatched the violin out of her hands, “RI IN. STOP! I’d rather you cry now! You’re being too calm about everything!”

Ri In looked down and said with a weak smile, “You know… I never got to say sorry.”



-Flashback-


“Ri In, how many times have I told you, there’s nothing going on between me and her!” Junsu pulled Ri In back.

“Oppa, you always say that! You’ve been lying too many times; I don’t know what’s true and what’s false anymore…”

“Don’t you have faith in your boyfriend? A guy you’ve been with for 3 years, a few days more to 4 years!”

“You didn’t have faith in me either. I’ve told you many times, there’s nothing going on between Yoochun and I!”

Guilty, Junsu sighed, “Ri In…”

“Oppa, I think we need a break… It’s been 3 years, every time we fight; it’s always about the same problems over and over again.”

“Ri In, please…”

Junsu and Ri In, the perfect match, everything about them matches. Junsu had always been a jealous boyfriend; Ri In had always been a strong-headed girlfriend. But still, these 2 still tightly hold onto each other, every time they fought, they made up.

However, this time was a little different.

“Oppa, please. A few days…” Ri In withdrew her hand out of Junsu’s grasp.

A few days later, she went to Ri In’s music school to look for her.


“Ri In.”

“What are you doing here?” Ri In turned to look at her.

“I’m here to say sorry. I’ve decided to give up on Junsu. I’ve tried many times to change his mind about being together with you, it didn’t really work.” She smiled bitterly.

“Oh…” That was all Ri In could say.

“He really loves you a lot.” She said

Ri In knows. For god’s sake, everyone knows. Junsu never stayed with a girl for more than 3 months, moreover, 3 years?

Ri In felt guilty, she was just throwing tantrum the other day, to get back at him for punching Yoochun before making things clear.

When she left, Ri In bit her lips and took out her phone from her handbag, she stared at it and decided to give Junsu a call, but her phone battery went flat instead.

“Damn it.” She cursed and realized her phone charger wasn’t at her music school.


-


“Ri In… He knows and he forgave you.” Yoochun said it softer this time.

“You know… If I could turn back the time, I’d hope we never fought, I’d hope I was the one who went to find him with a ring; I’d hope I am the one who’s not in this world now.” She said softly, her hands balled into fists.


-

“Sir, how can I help you?” A sales assistant at Cartier approached Junsu.

“Could you give me ring size 9 for this? Wrap it up. Thanks.” Junsu smiled and passed her his credit card.

The moment Junsu stepped into the store, he knew exactly what to buy, Ri In and he came here before to browse around, this particular ring attracted Ri In’s attention and Junsu saw it. He made a promise to himself, if he were to propose, he would get her this ring.

“Good luck on your proposal.” The sales assistant said.

“Thank you.” Junsu signed the receipt and took the ring box. He smiled and stuffed the ring box into his pocket before making his way to his car.

 

Listen to this --> CLICK!



Junsu pulled out his phone and dialed Ri In’s phone, he got directed to her mailbox.

“Ri, this is Junsu. I’m really sorry for raising my voice at you the other day. Could we meet and talk? I’ll go pick you up now; I’ve something important to tell you. Love you.”

Junsu left a message and drove off, ready to apologise and propose to her. As usual, Junsu stopped his car opposite the shop; it has always been a hassle to make a big u-turn to go to the other side.

He stepped out of his car and waited at the traffic light. While waiting, he took out the ring box and opened it, taking the ring out; he looked at it, thinking about how happy Ri In would be upon seeing it.

He was going to propose to her, he wants her to be his, only his. He wants her to be his bride; he wants her to be the mother of his children. He saw the green man and started crossing the road, everything happened so suddenly, he heard screams, he heard the screeching sound of breaking tires, a car slide on the road as it snowed previously, the next moment, Junsu was on the ground. His head was bleeding, his vision blurred, he couldn’t hear anything except for screams for help to call the ambulance, he held on the ring tight in his palm. He couldn’t see anything except for smiling faces of Ri In, memories of the happy moments they spent together.

He was hurting so badly, until he heard her voice, “Oppa, oppa. I’m Ri In. I’m here, hang on, the ambulance is coming, please Oppa, hang on, you promised not to leave me… Remember?”

His body felt warmer when she hugged him, that was all he needed, her warmth.

“Ri In?” Junsu said quietly.

“Yes Oppa, it’s me, Ri In. I’m here for you.” She hugged him tighter as she sobbed.

“Silly… Don’t… cry… You know… Oppa loves… you… right…?” Junsu tried his best to say those words.

“Shsss, Oppa. Everything will be alright… The ambulance is coming.” Ri In said as her voice trembled.

“Do you… love… this… bad Oppa…?” He asked with a weak smile.

“Of course… I do… I love you Junsu. I love you, Kim Junsu, don’t you dare leave me.” She said as she choked between sobs.

The ambulance came as medics pulled Junsu out of Ri In’s arms, immediately, Junsu felt so much colder. The moment Junsu’s hand was free from Ri In’s grasp, his world went black, as well as Jang Ri In’s.



-

Yoochun slowly held Ri In’s hands, “Ri In… Don’t say that.”

He felt a cold hard object on Ri In’s left hand 4th finger.

-

“I’m sorry, we’ve done all we could, the impact was too strong that his internal organs were bleeding.” The doctor said.

The moment Ri In heard the world “Sorry”, she knows, she just lost the guy she loves the most. Slowly, she sat on the ground, in a daze.

“This is something we've found in his hand.” A nurse came up to Ri In and placed a ring in her hand.

The ring… the ring she said she wanted, the ring that she wanted as a wedding ring.

He was planning on proposing to her... planning on asking for her hand in marriage.

He never got a chance.

The moment Yoochun got there, he found Ri In sitting by Junsu’s body, calm and pale, not shedding a tear.


-


“Do you know how much Junsu hates me to cry? He says, whenever I cry, he wouldn’t know what to do. I must be silly to think that if I don’t cry, he will come back to me right?” She smiled again and sat on the sofa.

“Ri In... –

“I forgot to switch on my phone for 2 days after charging it; my parents must be worried sick huh?” Ri In said nervously, refusing to listen to what Yoochun have to say.

She switched on her phone and found that she had 15 voicemail and 20 text messages.

She listened to the 1st one, putting it onto speaker mode as she continued to wipe the violin.

“Date, 2nd January 2010, Number 010-xxxx-xxxx, Time 6.30pm. –

Her eyes widened as she heard the familiar phone number.

“Ri, this is Junsu. I’m really sorry for raising my voice at you the other day. Could we meet and talk? I’ll go pick you up now; I’ve something important to tell you. Love you.”

The moment she heard his voice, she dropped the violin.

“Press 1 to repeat, Press 2 to –

Ri In quickly grabbed her phone and pressed 1.

“Ri, this is Junsu. I’m really sorry for raising my voice at you the other day. Could we meet and talk? I’ll go pick you up now; I’ve something important to tell you. Love you.”

With her shivering hands, she pressed 1 again.

“Ri, this is Junsu. I’m really sorry for raising my voice at you the other day. Could we meet and talk? I’ll go pick you up now; I’ve something important to tell you. Love you.”

Tears travelled down her cheeks, “Did you hear it? It’s Junsu’s voice. I haven’t heard his voice for 2 days, it’s him.”

Again, she pressed 1.

“Ri, this is Junsu. I’m really sorry for raising my voice at you the other day. Could we meet and talk? I’ll go pick you up now; I’ve something important to tell you. Love you.”

Yoochun, looking at how disheveled Ri In is now, his heart ached badly, so badly that it was suffocating him.

“Ri In, stop, stop listening to it.”

Yoochun snatched the phone out of Ri In’s grip, and shut it.

“I miss him. I miss Oppa. I miss him so badly. That’s his voice…. That’s him…”

Ri In cried, tears that were threatening to fall for the past 2 days starting flowing uncontrollably.

Yoochun kneeled down beside her and hugged her tight; he could feel her whole body shivering.

“We shouldn’t have fought. Shouldn’t… I shouldn’t have thrown my tantrum… It’s my entire fault… All mine. Mine…” Her voice quivering.

“It’s not your fault. Not yours… not yours…”

That was all Yoochun could say… there was nothing else he could do except for hugging Ri In as tight as his could, making sure she doesn’t fall apart… If she does, he would too.


A/N: For a sad ending, you can stop reading here. Cause I was craving for a little YooYin, for my own satisfactory, I continued, but it is not good cause my inspiration stopped here. =)



-

After 3 years…

“Ri Innie! Let’s go for dinner!” Yoochun walked in happily, he stopped immediately when he saw Ri In hitting a guy playfully on his arm.

That bas tard, always here to snatch his Ri In.

“Yoochun oppa!” Ri In smiled.

Yoochun glared at the guy in front of him, Lee Donghae.

“I’m sorry, but Ri In has already agreed to have dinner with me.” Donghae smirked, putting his arms around Ri In’s shoulder.

Yoochun frowned as anger in him built up.


Listen to this! --> CLICK!


These 3 years after Junsu left, he stayed by Ri In’s side.

His strong feelings for her grew stronger and stronger. He knew it was unhealthy for himself, he knew it, but he couldn’t help it, he just hopes he could stay by her side. He loves her. During her most tiring period, he was there for her, always there.


-

Yoochun and Ri In met each other at University, that time; he had a little crush on her. He was always there for her during the times when she was clumsy and forgetful. Ri In was always there for him when he needed her; his family wasn’t exactly a happy one.

They would study together, eat together and go on friendly dates, just as friends. Yoochun like it that way, no responsibility, but he could still be with her. He thought his feelings for her was just a small crush, until Junsu came into their life.

Yoochun was in the Basketball Team, whereas Ri In was in the Music Club. Junsu was a transferred student from another University, and he too, joined the Music Club.

Ri In slowly spent lesser time with Yoochun. Yoochun would usually wait for Ri In at the school gate, but Junsu would walk Ri In to school.

Yoochun would wait for Ri In to ask what he would like to eat, but Junsu would ask what Ri In would like to eat.

Yoochun would tease Ri In about everything and he would laugh, but Junsu would tell jokes to Ri In and she would laugh.

Ri In was always bad at Piano but good at Violin, she would always whine to Yoochun to play her favourite song, it’s not because Yoochun is unwilling to play that piece for her, it’s because he enjoyed the attention she gives him, he likes how she would whine and pout.

But Junsu, he plays whenever she wants to listen to it, and he would write her songs.

Yoochun isn’t exactly good at singing, Ri In loves to sing. Junsu sings with her.

Slowly, Yoochun started avoiding Ri In, as he couldn’t accept the fact that he was feeling jealous. He didn’t like the anger he felt whenever he saw Junsu with her.

And slowly, the guy walking beside Ri In at the corridors was no longer Park Yoochun, but Kim Junsu.

Finally, one day… Yoochun was able to face his feelings towards Ri In, but everything was too late.

He stood outside the Music room, to see Junsu and Ri In sitting by the piano, kissing.


-


Things only gotten better 1 and a half years after Junsu left. She started to smile a little more, laugh a little more.

She doesn’t understand why Yoochun always gets unhappy when she tried to introduce girls to him. She always thought Yoochun was there for her as a brother, since University, they have always been close friends.

Yoochun was slowly getting tired of it. He pulled Ri In with him and said, “Yeon Hee, you will close the school today, Ri In have something on.”

He pulled her out of her music school leaving a pissed off Donghae behind.

Ri In kept quiet as she continued letting him pull her, she knows the best thing to do now is to shut until Yoochun stop.

Finally, Yoochun stopped and turned around.

“Ri In… I’m…” He sighed and looked away.

“I’m tired of it… Don’t you know?” He continued.

She doesn’t know. She really don’t, she only realized she was really attracted to Yoochun a few months ago; she just didn’t want to admit. She didn’t want to lose a friendship.

“I don’t.” She said.

“That night…” Yoochun said quietly.

“We were drunk.”


-

Ri In was waiting outside Yoochun’s apartment with bottles of soju and wine.

Yoochun just ended a meeting and he went back home to find Ri In waiting outside his house.

“What are you doing here?”

Ri In smiled sheepishly and lifted up the bags, revealing the alcohols.

“You’re here to drink?”

“You want me to go to the pub and drink alone? Fine!” Ri In started walking as Yoochun held onto her hand. He will not let her go to a pub, get drunk and let guys take advantage of her.

“Come in.” He smiled and let her in, carrying the bags for her.

They sat down on his carpeted floor and started pouring wine for each other. They drank glasses after glasses. Yoochun’s alcohol tolerance was always good, but not for Ri In.

“Oppa… Do you know what day is it today…?” She asked softly.

Yoochun looked at her, he knew, he just didn’t want to say it.

“It’s 2nd January 2012… Junsu’s 2nd death anniversary…” She pouted.

Yoochun kept quiet and looked at her.

“Junsu Oppa, was a bad Oppa. He didn’t keep his promise… He promised not to leave me, but in the end, he did. He left me alone here like an abandoned ragged doll. A ragged doll nobody wants.” Ri In said as tears started flowing.

Yoochun wiped away her tears gently, “Who says nobody wants you…? I’m always here for you…”

“Really?” She sniffed.

Yoochun nodded.

“So Oppa, you will not leave me right? Like how Junsu Oppa did.” She asked.

Yoochun smiled gently and nodded. Ri In wiped away her tears and drank up her remaining wine in her glass, “I’ll remember that!” Ri In said and giggled.

Yoochun, looking at her flushed face, was mesmerized. Her red cheeks made her look cuter and endearing.

He snapped out of it when Ri In laid her head on his shoulder, he smiled and shook his head helplessly. He carried her bridal style and placed her on his bed.

The moment he tried to get up, Ri In wrapped her arms around his neck, “Oppa said he’s never going to leave me, so where are you going now?”

Their faces were only 0.5cm apart, so when Ri In talked, their lips brushed past each other.

“Ri In… -

Before Yoochun could push her away, she started kissing his lips teasingly. Yoochun’s body started burning; his heart was beating really fast.

He managed to pull his head back and asked, “Ri In stop, you don’t know what you’re doing.”
“You don’t like it?” She pouted.

Damn it, he likes it. He has been waiting for this kiss. He wasn’t able to control it anymore, he wants her. Yoochun leaned down and started kissing her slowly and gently. She his lips and stuck her tongue into his mouth, teasing him. He deepened the kiss and their tongues entangled. He started ing her blouse as he kissed his way down her neck, slowly to her chest. Her made Yoochun wants more and one thing led to another.
The night ended with them making love to each other.


-


“I was not. Damn it. I was not even close to being drunk.” Yoochun said.

Ri In froze, for more than a year; she always thought it was a drunken mistake, but to Yoochun, it wasn’t.

“Ri In… I love you.”

She blinked, “Don’t. Don’t ever say those words. Yoochun, don’t ruin what we’ve got now. Don’t.”

“What do we have now?” Yoochun asked, frustrated.

Ri In remained silent as she looked at him.

“Is it that difficult to forget him…?”

“I’ve told you, never to mention him again!” She raised her voice.

“Forget him.”

“…”

“I said, forget him.”

It wasn’t because she doesn’t want to accept Yoochun, she was just uncertain. She wasn’t ready to let go of her memories with Junsu, she’s afraid, when she falls in love again, Junsu will slowly leave her.

She realized that when her infatuation with Yoochun started, Junsu was slowly leaving her life. She doesn’t want Junsu to leave… She isn’t ready, she is afraid.

“Don’t force me.” She said, her voice trembling.

“Let him go, Ri In. He’s never coming back. I know that you have the same feelings for me.”

Ri In stayed silent, looking on the ground… She wanted so much to hug Yoochun now and tell him how much he meant to her, more than just a friend.

Yoochun, unable to get a reply from Ri In, turned and leave, he’s giving up.

She looked at his leaving backview; a sudden fear tugged her heart. He’s leaving…

Ri In ran and hugged him from behind tightly.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry, don’t leave…”

Yoochun slowly turned and embraced her, “Silly, how am I ever going to leave you…?”

“Really?” She asked.

“Give me a chance to take care of you, okay?” Yoochun said and lifted her face up by her chin slowly.

He looked at her with his gentle eyes and kissed her softly on her lips. She smiled and nodded.

He leaned in and kissed her again, as she kissed him back.


She fell in love again, but Junsu will always be with her, at the bottom of her heart.


- END. -



Comments please...? =)