And the Earth spun and spun...

The Pace of the Earth.

 

The sun was playing hide and seek again. Disappearing behind the city line, tinting the world with comforting colors: deep reds, glowing oranges and sparkling yellows. The calmness of the city didn’t last long, but at this time in the night, everything slowed down. 
 
And as the world seemed to turn a little slower, for two people it seemed to turn quicker and quicker. They weren’t even near each other, and yet their presence at a good distance derailed each other. 
 
Two people who heard their heartbeats in their ears. Who had only eyes for one another. One of the pair burning with envy after seeing a sleeping form leaning on the older’s body, almost cuddling. What he didn’t know was that the cuddling form was hardly asleep but hoping this would put fire where fire should find itself. The other pair of eyes, them, were twinkling with curiosity. Patient. Waiting. Hoping, even. 
 
Soon, after the older escaped the sleeping body, they were face-to-face. The taller taking the couple of steps separating them, as the other stood in his place, near the sleeping mess. He didn’t take many steps, three long even steps in total, which wasn’t really a surprise. After all a distance of eight steps in total was the maximum length they were seen from each other at almost all times. Be it on a T.V. Show, at a concert, with friends or at home. They were always at seeing distance of each other. 
 
That was all fine until the tallest took another step closer, blurring their visions until Hyuk decided to just close his eyes and let himself go. Let himself lose his self into the demanding and dominating kiss he was being administered. Because as much as their actions were slow, as much as going this far together took a lot of time and effort – their kiss was anything but tender, anything but sweet. It contained too much tongue, too much teeth. And definitely not enough air. And for those watching over them, they could finally let themselves breathe properly. Finally, they all thought, finally. Yet they still wondered was the oldest trying to push the other away or pull him in even further. A little bit of both they would have known, if they were him… A little bit of both. 
 
Nothing about that kiss was romantic. It was messy, that’s all there is to it. And when their lips parted, they still stayed close, bathing into each other’s feelings. They stayed quiet for a while, smiling softly to each other. Staying quiet, silent, not uttering a word… Until even the people around them did the same. As if they knew something important was going to go down and they didn’t want to miss a part of it. 
 
Kyuhyun slowly lifted his hand and caressed Hyuk’s face before he started to utter words… And as he was talking, the Earth was spinning round and round 
 
I can’t promise you forever. 
 
I’m not asking for forever. 
 
I can’t even say I want to marry you. 
 
Funny, me neither. 
 
We may not even last. 
 
Maybe we will. 
 
I’ll break your heart. 
 
I’m willing to risk it. Are you? 
 
Definitely. 

 
And again the Earth spun and spun at a funny pace. As slow as it was fast, following their heartbeats.