Chapter 1: I'm On Cloud 9

Stuck On You

 

“Listen, Bryn, there’s something super important that I need to tell you. I need you to completely hear me out on this one, okay?” I nodded. I would do anything for Himchan. I truly mean anything.

 

He looked me in the eyes, I could see his adam’s apple bobbing as he gulped, trying so hard to ease his nerves. What was he so nervous about? What was going on? My own stomach filled up with butterflies. What could he possibly want? Maybe this is it. Maybe it is finally what I’ve been waiting for since freshman year! Maybe, just maybe...

 

“I was wondering...since we’ve been in the same class for like two years now, if you’d want to BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!”

 

“Wait, what?”

 

He furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“Didn’t you understand me? I asked if you wanted to BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!”

 

I thought for a second..... I know that sound!

 

Another series of beeps, this time much louder shook me from my sleep! Yet again I was dreaming and yet again, I woke at the good part. I wondered if he’d ever get to finish that sentence, and also if the dream would ever advance beyond him asking me out... I guess only time would tell.

 

I’d walked over to my closet and pulled out some stockings, boots, my black lace covered bodycon skirt, a scarf, and my white three-quarter sleeve shirt. Ah yes, it looked rather pretty.

 

(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=78423216)

 

I put it on and checked myself out in the mirror. Heeeeey aaaay! I laughed at my own weirdness and went to handle my other morning procedures. Once that was finished, I grabbed my tote bag and headed downstairs to grab something to eat.

 

When I found the box of granola bars, I grabbed one and was about to make a mad dash for the door until my mom stopped me.

 

“Really, Bryn, no kisses or hugs or anything for your mother?”

 

“Sorry, mom.”

 

I ran over to give her a hug then ran through the door as quickly as possible. The bus was going to come by any minute and I did not want to be late. Himchan and I took the same bus and that was where the impressions for the day could be first made. That was where he could potentially see my outfit and me and notice me for once.

 

I arrived at the bus stop in no time. Judging by the group of kids that were waiting there, the bus hadn’t come yet. I opened my granola bar, eating and leaning against a sign post. I scanned the area for any sign of Himchan or my best friend, Scarlette. She was closer to Himchan and his friends. Much closer than I was.

 

After a while of looking, I gave up, tired of trying. I thought about my dream from the previous night. I never did get to figure out what it was he said. I decided to just great my own scenario. And it was maybe or maybe not inspired by one of my mom’s many books with Fabio on the cover....

 

I was deep in thought when I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes.

 

“Guess who, Honey Bunny.”

 

The nickname was a dead giveaway. Only Scarlette would call me that. That and I recognized her southern drawl. A smile formed on my face. She always tried to hide it, but that never worked.

 

“Hello, Scarlette. How was your weekend?”

 

She shuddered and I knew it was bad.

 

“What happened? Did Josephine start bothering you again? I can go talk to her after sch-”

 

She held up a hand to silence me. The look of pure disgust that was on her face showed me that it was much worse than some neighborhood pest. Much much much worse.

 

“Sweet pea, you’ll never believe who I-”

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, your princesses have arrived!!!”

 

My eyes followed the voice and wanted to shrivel up into their sockets. Margerie Galding. Cheerleaders were the nicest girls in school, all except Margerie and her girls. She made head cheerleader and all the nice cheerleaders were oppressed under her reign.

 

“That’s what I wanted to tell you about, Bryn, I saw-”

 

After that I zoned. From the butterflies in my stomach, I could tell that Himchan was in the proximity. I felt my heart pounding when he glanced up with a big smile and waved...at Scarlette. I still waved back, to be nice since Scarlette and I were basically shoulder to shoulder. He glanced over at me and gave a small smile. Sigh, at least it’s some progress.

 

What I saw next gave me a bitter taste in my mouth. Himchan and the rest of the group he called B.A.P. went and talked to Margerie!!! Scarlette tapped my shoulder and and I spun around fast enough to nearly give myself whiplash.

 

“Scarlette, what in the heck is that? This is appalling!”

 

“I tried to tell you, sweet pea, I saw Margerie hanging out with her friends on my date at the pizza parlor last night. Margerie is interested. She’s planning on trying to get him to be her man at the end of the semester!”

 

Everything within me screamed. As I stepped onto the bus, as the bus drove, as the bus stopped, and as I stepped off the bus. This was not happening! There was no way that I could compete with the super flexible, super slim, super pretty, super rich head cheerleader that was Margerie!

 

“Bryn, sweetie, I can tell that you’re taking it hard. You don’t have to though. Himchan told me what he likes in a girl, so I guess I’ll have to help you put your best foot forward.”

 

When she said that, I wanted to hug her hard enough that she could feel it for weeks. This is why it’s great having a friend on the inside! This was my chance to seal the deal that I’d been trying to make since I first met him!

 

“So we’re in business?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Oh heck yes!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Ah yes, first chapter! I really hope you like it! I thought I’d have to wait until the weekend, but I found the time to write!!! Yay!!! Leave comments below, because I love talking!!!!! Muah! <3333 Ciao!! ^___~